• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Reading PA

Redtop

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
The only times that are busy are Th-F-Sa from about 10PM to 2AM. Other times you can easily spend an hour or two waiting for a ping. You'll almost only get surge around 2AM and even then it's not at all reliable - this weekend there was surge on Saturday but not Thursday or Friday.

On the other hand we don't have Uberfool here, so you won't get enplayed into driving someone 8 miles for 5 bucks.

HERR_UBERMENSCH

Is it busy up there? I may head up from Pottstown one weekend.
If you are in Pottstown you would be better off heading East to KofP or South to Exton/West Chester. How is the Pottstown area, grew up down there so I know the area, do the outlets in Limerick generate much traffic?

SSpringDriver

What does it mean to be associated with a city? I'm with Philly, but I live in the Reading area and quit going down to Philly and am just running here. Do I need to change from Philly to Reading? I also read that changing cities can take up to two weeks and you are down during that period. Is that correct?

Also, do we get support from the folks in Philly? I'm guessing there aren't any Uber employees in a Reading office.

PANewbie

I notice it's getting busier with drivers around the area. Wondering how many other local Reading/Wyomissing/Kutztown/Pottstown drivers there are on the board and whether there are enough of us for a sub forum?

rolexxmike

Been driving since April in Reading area only. Usually 11:30-2:30am Fri & Sat. I am averaging about 9-10 rides per weekend between Uber and Lyft. Saturday is usually the better night.

Kveren

Are there still drivers working during the day/early morning? Rider here visiting Reading, PA soon for a job interview - was hoping to Uber my way around town. Is this at all realistic or should I plan on taxi?

rolexxmike

Are there still drivers working during the day/early morning? Rider here visiting Reading, PA soon for a job interview - was hoping to Uber my way around town. Is this at all realistic or should I plan on taxi?
There are plenty of Uber and Lyft drivers available during the day. You will wait 30-45mins for a taxi.