• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Re-running background checks. Anyone else waiting?

Torrey

I have been driving since October 2017. Uber has some new back ground check policies and they also brought on a Depart of Homeland Security former employee. I have been waiting for awhile now. Checkr completed now Uber is reviewing. This all started on 6/20/2018. I hope it goes well.

Anyone else waiting? Uber Support doesn't have answers or updates.

Gmoney415

I have been driving since October 2017. Uber has some new back ground check policies and they also brought on a Depart of Homeland Security former employee. I have been waiting for awhile now. Checkr completed now Uber is reviewing. This all started on 6/20/2018. I hope it goes well.

Anyone else waiting? Uber Support doesn't have answers or updates.
Gmoney415Member

Yes and I've ave been driving Uber for 2 years, last Background check was less than 5 months ago!!! Driving with zero issues and only drive part time.

Received no warning email, no messages in app. At lunch today it just appeared!?! Went to Oakland hub, not resolved, support team says its a "Checkr issue" and they're "looking into it".
Meanwhile I have no access to Uber or even my earnings!.

Have clean DMV, no background issues. Confirmed with DMV today my license is valid and record shows clean. I signed up for Lyft as back up but Lyft has very few riders in my home area. I checked my Lyft account and have full access to the driver app and can take rides with no issues.

Jesse36

This happened to me in Philadelphia. Took 3 mos and attorney involved to get corrected.

Gmoney415

This happened to me in Philadelphia. Took 3 mos and attorney involved to get corrected.
Did you receive any compensation for the ordeal and attorney cost? or a truthful explanation? Any further details are much appreciated! Thank you

Torrey

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
They just denied my ability to drive for them. I was working ever since October 2017. The accident on my record was a rear end. The other party was at fault. The delaying traffic shouldn't count. All this was on my record already when they originally approved me to drive.

Jesse36

No compensation yet. Attorney was from Community Legal Services, no fee. No communication from Uber, mainly Checkr communications. Hub and Uber's help online were absolutely useless.
Thanks for being a valued partner!