1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

re running background check

Discussion in 'Miami' started by uberboy48, Sep 12, 2015.

1. uberboy48

uberboy48

HAS ANYBODY EVER GOTTEN THIS EMAIL? We are reaching out to notify you that in the next 24-48 hours we will be re-running your background check through Hirease as part of an annual safety initiative. Safety is of the utmost importance to Uber for our partner-drivers and riders alike, and these background checks are just one way to ensure that all partner-drivers have continued to drive safely since the initial report was run.

You will be receiving your report from Hirease once it has been completed. There will be no further action required on your part, and if there are any issues with the report, Hirease will be reaching out to you directly. If you have any questions about the re-run process, please refer to the Background Check Consent Disclosure on your partner dashboard.

As a reminder, in order to pass the background check, you must have:

* A clean Motor Vehicle Report (MVR) with no more than 3 incidents in the past 3 years

* No driving with a suspended license or without insurance in the past 3 years

* No DUIs and no reckless driving

* A clean criminal background check with no felonies or misdemeanors involving theft, violence or drugs

Please Note: The above list is not necessarily comprehensive. Certain states and municipalities may have requirements that differ from the above.

Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns.

2. Chris Dee

Chris Dee

Driving:
    UberLUX
    Yup. not an issue for me, does anyone think this is a request to satisfy BroCo???

3. uberboy48

uberboy48

thanks for response chris, so you also received this email? if so? what are the proper procedures meaning how do I know if I passed the background check? do they notify you? the email only says I will receive report from hirease and that's it, which I already received, theres nothing on the report I should be worried about, I just want be sure before I purchase a car, thank you

4. Kaptain

Kaptain

Driving:
    UberLUX
    I hope nobody would by a car depending on Uber earnings to make the payments. So many drivers get deactivated for various issues. One accident that is not even your fault and you are done. Add to that the fact that it is still illegal in Miami-Dade it makes no sense to count on Uber.

UberGirlPBC and Chris Dee like this.
  5. uberboy48

uberboy48

didn't say it was going to be a new car, and I was going to purchase a car anyway, I also have a job, I never heard of someone getting deactivated because they were in an accident, I think you are partially right but also over exaggerating, the email says you cant have more then 3 incidents in past 3years, the chances of uber coming back to broward are much higher then not, plus I hear they will be back sometime this or next month

6. Kaptain

Kaptain

Driving:
    UberLUX
    I know more than one driver who was deactivated for stupid reasons. Many have been deactivated due to accidents, even when they were not at fault. One incident with a passenger can also do it, even if you do no wrong. Just do not ever count on that income going forward if you are buying a car. If you would buy it anyway without Uber then do so. Otherwise you may as well play craps. Just be careful. I have seen a lot of drivers get burned.

7. uberboy48

uberboy48

I appreciate your concern, can you be more specific on why some drivers you know got deactivated? did the driver get into one accident, tried to use ubers insurance then got fired? how did uber find out? did he get fired immediately after the accident? theres many drivers in uberman driver forum who said they past the background check with tickets and accidents on there record I would think what uber looks for are the more serious once like dui driving without a license, mistreating customers things like that...

8. Chris Dee

Chris Dee

Driving:
    UberLUX
    If anyone attended the meeting today in Palm Beach, the question came up about being deactivated due to a customer's complaint. The answer went something like that they deactivate you while it's under investigation ONLY if it was a safety issue and only on that specific issue, nothing else. The representative also said that %90 of the time the customer is not stating the truth and the driver returns to his normal status prior to the event.

9. uberboy48

uberboy48

hey chris, I don't know if you read my message but you responded that you have gotten an email from uber about re running a background check on you? I have a question regarding that, what are the procedures meaning how do I know I passed? does uber send you a email? all I got is my report from hirease, im not worried but I just want to be sure before purchasing a car

10. Golfermack

Golfermack

Driving:
    UberX
    Ask uber.

11. uberboy48

uberboy48

ubersupport don't know what im talking about, its better to ask a driver that has gotten the same email

12. Chris Dee

Chris Dee

Driving:
    UberLUX
    IF you did not receive anything concerning your back ground check then don't worry about it.