• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Re-activation

BkS

Anyone been Deactivated By Lyft and was able to get re-activated? A while back they deactivated me because of too many cancellations. Basically all the cancellations were for line. I have a 6pax car and I won’t do pool or line. Is it worth trying to get activated again?

Mr_Frenchie

I would go and speak to Lyft drivers support. I think they are inside Pep Boys in JC. You want to talk to a live person for this.

Also, why did you accept and cancel? don't do that. You didn't get a notice from Lyft to stop cancelling? If you see pool or line just let it expire.

Remember acceptance and cancellation are different.

BkS

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I would go and speak to Lyft drivers support. I think they are inside Pep Boys in JC. You want to talk to a live person for this.

Also, why did you accept and cancel? don't do that. You didn't get a notice from Lyft to stop cancelling? If you see pool or line just let it expire.

Remember acceptance and cancellation are different.
I never accept those. That’s the prob. I let them expire and they apparently get marked as cancellation. Lyft told me they don’t care if I prefer plus. They want me to accept all calls

FortLeeUber2017

Just got reactivated after the letter 3 month ago that the decision is final... Yesterday waiting at the lot got bored and wrote the letter to them. But I was creative because I thought that there is nothing to be done to get reactivated. Surprise!

Canteev

I've done a lot of cancellations on Lyft, but it's only due to finding out the trips weren't Shore rate. Other than that, I try not to cancel.

BkS

Just got reactivated after the letter 3 month ago that the decision is final... Yesterday waiting at the lot got bored and wrote the letter to them. But I was creative because I thought that there is nothing to be done to get reactivated. Surprise!
What were u deactivated for?

I thought they couldn't deactivate for acceptance?
Apparently they do. They said it’s not fair to the pax that I was pick My and choosing which rides to take and either I accept all trips or I get deactivated

Caspita

Apparently they do. They said it’s not fair to the pax that I was pick My and choosing which rides to take and either I accept all trips or I get deactivated
Mmmm I’m not buying this one.. many if not all members if this forum problaby ignore hundreds of pings a week (I say a week because unlike Uber I don’t think Lyft can generate that many a day lol) and nobody ever said they got even threatened by deactivation. I personally only accept Lyft with a minimum of 75% PT or Long Trip (as long as I’m able to determine it’s not due to traffic).

One thing though if you are getting stacked pings added to your queue and cancelling after completing that might flag you; you need to go offline after last ride or if forget to do “Decline” the next trip before completing the one in progress. There is an option for that when you access the trip details before completing the drop-off.

SuzeCB

What were u deactivated for?

First you said it was cancellation, then you said it was acceptance. Which is it? They are not the same.

BkS

First you said it was cancellation, then you said it was acceptance. Which is it? They are not the same.
Apparently according to Lyft they are. I didn’t accept requests for line and they said it’s the same as cancellations. I would always wait till ping expires and I received warnings. I messaged them and they said I must accept all trips and if not I will be deactivated. Well within a week I was

SuzeCB

Apparently according to Lyft they are. I didn’t accept requests for line and they said it’s the same as cancellations. I would always wait till ping expires and I received warnings. I messaged them and they said I must accept all trips and if not I will be deactivated. Well within a week I was
It had to be high cancellations, then, and they also mentioned low acceptance. They CAN'T deactivate for acceptance. They can, however, refuse to bend the rules and give you a second chance on a deactivation for high cancellation rate because your acceptance rate is also low.

Or they can deactivate you for NO reason (read your contract).

I think you may be a bit confused about cancellation and acceptance. There are drivers for both Uber and Lyft roaming the streets with acceptance rates in the single digits (especially for Lyft), and they don't get deactivated.

pvtandrewmalone

My acceptance rate on Lyft is single digits. It has been consistently for two years now.

That being said, I've encountered one or two Lyft CSRs who did not understand the difference between acceptance and cancellation, and took it upon themselves to b**tch about my acceptance rate on an unrelated call. They gave me the line that they are the "same thing".

BkS

It had to be high cancellations, then, and they also mentioned low acceptance. They CAN'T deactivate for acceptance. They can, however, refuse to bend the rules and give you a second chance on a deactivation for high cancellation rate because your acceptance rate is also low.

I think you may be a bit confused about cancellation and acceptance. There are drivers for both Uber and Lyft roaming the streets with acceptance rates in the single digits (especially for Lyft), and they don't get deactivated.
I’m explaining i never cancel a trip once accepting. I completely ignored ALL line requests. Never accepted no cancelled. They sent me a warning which I disregarded and then they deactivated me. They confined to me that since I ignore line trips it’s call discrimination to pax

SuzeCB

I’m explaining i never cancel a trip once accepting. I completely ignored ALL line requests. Never accepted no cancelled. They sent me a warning which I disregarded and then they deactivated me. They confined to me that since I ignore line trips it’s call discrimination to pax
You'll need to go into their office in Jersey City, then. Argue that it's not discrimination, it's not wanting to be tied up for multiple trips going gods know where.

Ardery

he probably clicked "arrived" so he could see the destination, then canceled if it was a local ride.