• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Rdu is a petty place

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobbyk5487

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Look - RDU security are all on power trips, fighting with them only makes it worse.

Follow the rules because they can and will ticket you (they don't even have to give it to you, they can just mail it to you) and/or ban you.

Follow the rules and they really don't hassle you.

And the pickup zone would be WAY less of an accident waiting to happen if people followed the rules. Many drivers act like they're special and don't need to wait in line just like all those pax who think they can just walk right out into the lane and hop in your car.
Post automatically merged:

And trust me - they ain't hassling you because you're black. I'm a white chic and they hassled me on multiple occasions - cause I was arguing with them.

They can't handle anyone who questiond their authority - you do yourself no favors trying. Deal with it.

You may change your mind about the benefits of the airport after spending some time in lot as the temperatures rise and demand dies.
I know they hassle everyone...and they keep it rude and short in a provoking type of way...but the one this weekend was bias....as I was being kicked I saw plenty of old uber stickers and some with no stickers at all....then some had home made stickers of all colors some had the uber sign that light up....this cops pulled up like it was a sting operation and made a v line to me and tried to provoke a confrontation....i went to the uber green light hub today and it was only blacks in there with the same horror story of this extremely confrontional officer kicking them off the property out the blue....cops use to love uber drivers because we have put a dent in drunk driving....but since that guy(black guy) killed that girl(white girl) the mood has seem to change from the police and general public....i guess it just human nature...but it still sucks.

BigCatDriver

I myself am a black progressive, but you are definitely blowing this situation out of proportion. Get your sticker and leave it alone. Everybody has had an encounter with the dumb wannabe cop security guards. They get so mad it's hilarious to me😂 Just take the situation with a grain of salt and move on. Pssst.."I think this guy needs to take his manic episode medicine"

Bobbyk5487

I myself am a black progressive, but you are definitely blowing this situation out of proportion. Get your sticker and leave it alone. Everybody has had an encounter with the dumb wannabe cop security guards. They get so mad it's hilarious to me😂 Just take the situation with a grain of salt and move on. Pssst.."I think this guy needs to take his manic episode medicine"
Far from manic....im very much in control...im very over it....but did you see the video from garner just a few days ago? This had been my experience in the past 3 weeks....people say live with it or just move...

ubercrashdummy

Maybe this Raleigh area story had nothing to do with race either...the type of crap I'm talking about around here....this place is Nazi Germany and blacks are the Jews....this is Garner NC btw
So, in Nazi Germany they would execute a search warrant and issue a court summons after multiple sound ordinance violation complaints and visits? This is what they did to the Jews? This is not genocide.

I've seen more shocking raids of NCSU parties. At least those produce some short term surge.

Bobbyk5487

So, in Nazi Germany they would execute a search warrant and issue a court summons after multiple sound ordinance violation complaints and visits? This is what they did to the Jews? This is not genocide.

I've seen more shocking raids of NCSU parties. At least those produce some short term surge.
Idk....we have kids running scared...with armed. Southern white men at the door....its a little over kill if nothing else....which is all I have been saying...its the overkill factor in this area that I'm not use to...i hate not knowing what kind of b.s. the cops will pull next....i thought we were all about small government...not government raiding people homes for speakers....

cavenoize

Bobbyk5487

https://www.scribd.com/document/410954439/Garner-Thompson-051619Warrant-Redacted2

I think the application for the warrant sets the context well.

Don't argue with cops and try to follow the rules. Especially when they are only asking you to get the appropriate sticker or to not play loud audio at your neighbor with a speaker you aimed at his house after multiple warnings and a citation.
If that family would have called and said the whites next door are blasting trump speeches they would be charge with misuse off 9-11....cops would not have traumatized a white family over playing trump speeches....

Bobbyk5487

Still projecting.
You want answer the question, the answer is no brainer....hell no a white family in the Raleigh area wouldn't go threw this off of a black family complaint over white conservative speech....same as no whites were kicked out of the uber lot over having the old uber logo....its just a fact of life in the american south

Disgusted Driver

You want answer the question, the answer is no brainer....hell no a white family in the Raleigh area wouldn't go threw this off of a black family complaint over white conservative speech....same as no whites were kicked out of the uber lot over having the old uber logo....its just a fact of life in the american south
I tried to be nice but let me lay it out for you. As a jew who lost relatives in the holocaust I find your reference offensive. I have sympathy and support for anyone who is treated poorly. I'm losing any sympathy I might have for you. How about quit whining, grow up and try to be the change you want over something that actually matters.

RDUberDrvr

Ok, I'm confused. You first posted your story complaining about RDU security giving you a hard time about your Uber sticker. I think most of us get that...RDU cops can be real jerks for no reason sometimes. Then, when people (myself included) rationally tried to offer you suggestions to help the situation, you tell everyone they're wrong and insist over and over (...and OVER) that there are larger forces of hate and bigotry involved. And it's fine that you believe that, just don't expect every other person in an online forum to agree with you.

This thread could literally go on like this forever (or until the mods step in). Or maybe you could put the most recent sticker on your car and try the airport again. Or maybe just avoid the airport altogether. Again, these are just suggested solutions. But if you want to continue hashing this argument out with someone until they agree with you 100%, I'm pretty sure a mirror would give you much better results.

Status
Not open for further replies.