• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Rdu is a petty place

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobbyk5487

I come from a place with very high crime and a lot of murders....i wanted a change in pace so I moved to the Raleigh Durham area....my observations are places with high crime people are more respectful because they know the consequences of being disrespectful....here in the Raleigh area people are petty and quiet undercover "haters"....the rdu authority number one goal in life is the ban uber drivers....i have never caused any problems at rdu and have had 6 hostile encounters with their security threatening me with a ban from the property....the latest ban threat was me having the uber decal from the previous air port I worked....the rdu police telling me I have to have one that they approve of and I had to leave the property immediately...i asked could I work until Monday when the uber green light hub open? with the most delightful look on his face he calmly tells me NO....and just like that I'm out of work until Monday.....petty petty petty.....smh

Bobbyk5487

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Sounds about right. RDU police concentrate on the wrong things.
In Charlotte if you're not harming any one the authorities don't bother you at all about anything.....in Raleigh I see the authorities don't have much to do so they go out looking for trouble....and they try to provoke situation by acting like robocops instead of humans....people in general don't seem to friendly around here...seem like they are all itching to call crime stopper...this is a very controlled area....i guess it's good in a way...but it's also extremely annoying....

IHmechanic

I’ve probably dropped off or picked up at RDU about 800 times. Never had dress on my car. Never had a a problem. Just blow it off and drive.

Bobbyk5487

Omg, are you still complaining about the airport, give it up. Fit in or have a problem, it's not that hard. Find better things to complain about like how little you are getting paid!
You are a typical Raleigh area robot....this is definitely trumps country round here....i was adjusting and starting to like it here some what....i can care less about you robot civilians everyone forewarned me about you all...but these robocops that I was also warned about are worst than I expected....i haven't had any dealings with the police in 20 years I have been here 3 weeks and have had 6 hostile encounters with the authorities....all a bunch of nothing.... but they decided to deliver corporal punishment....o yea you're right uber pay 60 cent a mile here that's 1 cent above what the government say it cost to operate a car....i guess I'll pack my things and move again.....its no where to go...america a place where good hearted people are surrounded by evil psychotic dirt bags..a lot of whom get to be in positions of power....i tried moving out of the country but my passport was denied on a technicality but I must keep trying....this place is truly babylon

Rittz19007

You are a typical Raleigh area robot....this is definitely trumps country round here....i was adjusting and starting to like it here some what....i can care less about you robot civilians everyone forewarned me about you all...but these robocops that I was also warned about are worst than I expected....i haven't had any dealings with the police in 20 years I have been here 3 weeks and have had 6 hostile encounters with the authorities....all a bunch of nothing.... but they decided to deliver corporal punishment....o yea you're right uber pay 60 cent a mile here that's 1 cent above what the government say it cost to operate a car....i guess I'll pack my things and move again.....its no where to go...america a place where good hearted people are surrounded by evil psychotic dirt bags..a lot of whom get to be in positions of power....i tried moving out of the country but my passport was denied on a technicality but I must keep trying....this place is truly babylon
You dont have a lyft sticker? Acting like airport is good money You cant work the airport So what Not the only place to drive I avoid it as much as possible Are you the same guy crying about this on Facebook drivers page ? Ive been out of work 3 weeks Because some scumbags in a stolen car hit me Then ditched the car in the middle of the road Only lucky thing is I was offline \

You can also print there decal off their web sight
Post automatically merged:

Also RDU cops doing their jobs How easy would be to pull up and wait for a stupid pax to get in your car then rob them The Rdu cops only have our stickers to validate us

Disgusted Driver

You have no idea who I am so don't even waste your time. What I do know is I've had less hassle in 5 years driving at the airport including when it was illegal for us to drop off there so I'm thinking it's you buddy that has a problem. Then I see your rants and I know.

You dont have a lyft sticker? Acting like airport is good money You cant work the airport So what Not the only place to drive I avoid it as much as possible Are you the same guy crying about this on Facebook drivers page ? Ive been out of work 3 weeks Because some scumbags in a stolen car hit me Then ditched the car in the middle of the road Only lucky thing is I was offline \

Also RDU cops doing their jobs How easy would be to pull up and wait for a stupid pax to get in your car then rob them The Rdu cops only have our stickers to validate us
Dude, what happened to you? You ok, your insurance taking care of you?

Rittz19007

You have no idea who I am so don't even waste your time. What I do know is I've had less hassle in 5 years driving at the airport including when it was illegal for us to drop off there so I'm thinking it's you buddy that has a problem. Then I see your rants and I know.

Dude, what happened to you? You ok, your insurance taking care of you?
Parked at a gas station Scumbags fly in parking lot nearly hits a person slams into me takes off ditches car down the road Ya my insurance taken car of it I have to eat the deductible Was close to 6k in damage But body shop taken forever Hoping to have back next week Just so lucky I was offline

Parked at a gas station Scumbags fly in parking lot nearly hits a person slams into me takes off ditches car down the road Ya my insurance taken car of it I have to eat the deductible Was close to 6k in damage But body shop taken forever Hoping to have back next week Just so lucky I was offline
I was one of them drivers that said you dont need rideshare insurance if you drive smart and dont drive with app on looking for rides But then some crazy crap like this happens and if I would have been online I would have been screwed Uber would not have covered it They got the car but the driver got away Car was stolen

Last edited:

Bobbyk5487

It goes a little far around here...
Doing a job is one thing....harassing provoking...treating and talking to someone with no criminal background like he's ted bundy is another thing...some cops are deescalators some are escalators....so far around here I keep running into escalators....people warned me over and over about how things are here....i come from a place where they're not still fighting to keep Confederate statutes...so I guess it my fault for just up and moving to a place where trump won big....youre right it's me

HobbesandCalvin

I run RDU almost exclusively on weeknights from 10p til the last flights come in and have never had a problem with the authorities there. Granted, I’m a part timer but the money is good (comparatively), and I love RDU. It’s consistent, rarely more than 1-5 cars in the lot after 11p, close to my house and I can usually grab a $5 surge or more each trip. Hell, on Thursday when everyone was at PNC, RDU was surging at $17 and I think I was the only one there, made some crazy money Thursday. The airport pickups are a cluster, no doubt, but the only time I’ve seen RDU cops hassling someone was when they deserved it. I got yelled at by RDU once was I was a noob, never made the same mistake again and have never had an issue since.

Raleigh is an awesome area with some amazing people. If you don’t like it, go back to your high crime area

Bobbyk5487

I run RDU almost exclusively on weeknights from 10p til the last flights come in and have never had a problem with the authorities there. Granted, I’m a part timer but the money is good (comparatively), and I love RDU. It’s consistent, rarely more than 1-5 cars in the lot after 11p, close to my house and I can usually grab a $5 surge or more each trip. Hell, on Thursday when everyone was at PNC, RDU was surging at $17 and I think I was the only one there, made some crazy money Thursday. The airport pickups are a cluster, no doubt, but the only time I’ve seen RDU cops hassling someone was when they deserved it. I got yelled at by RDU once was I was a noob, never made the same mistake again and have never had an issue since.

Raleigh is an awesome area with some amazing people. If you don’t like it, go back to your high crime area
A doctor that live in Durham told me my first week here a inside joke in the area was "ill rather get shot in Durham than to deal with the uptight a holes in Raleigh Cary and Apex"....like you just said you made one mistake and they "yelled" at you like you was a kid...and people around here have accepted that kid to authorities position....f that....im a man first....ill die on my feet before I live on my knees

I make great money here I make 200 plus any giving day and I was bragging how great the area was....until I realize how much of a police and Jim Crow state the Raleigh area is....everyone is so so quiet but I boy when you here what on their minds you'll think it's 1945

Attachments

Last edited:

Disgusted Driver

I was one of them drivers that said you dont need rideshare insurance if you drive smart and dont drive with app on looking for rides But then some crazy crap like this happens and if I would have been online I would have been screwed Uber would not have covered it They got the car but the driver got away Car was stolen
That is crazy. Glad you were offline and not in the car!
Question for you though. Doesn't the stolen cars insurance cover anything? I don't know the law but I thought they had to pay out. Might be worth seeing if you can get them to pay deductible and lost earnings.

Castaneda7189

I come from a place with very high crime and a lot of murders....i wanted a change in pace so I moved to the Raleigh Durham area....my observations are places with high crime people are more respectful because they know the consequences of being disrespectful....here in the Raleigh area people are petty and quiet undercover "haters"....the rdu authority number one goal in life is the ban uber drivers....i have never caused any problems at rdu and have had 6 hostile encounters with their security threatening me with a ban from the property....the latest ban threat was me having the uber decal from the previous air port I worked....the rdu police telling me I have to have one that they approve of and I had to leave the property immediately...i asked could I work until Monday when the uber green light hub open? with the most delightful look on his face he calmly tells me NO....and just like that I'm out of work until Monday.....petty petty petty.....smh
Have you ever considered the demographics of this area? There are around 100,000+ students from all the Triangle universities, many whom are not from the area. The Research triangle park hires many many foreigners from all different countries, and urges many from the West Coast and the North states to move here for a job in tech, pharmaceuticals, medical...etc. You have Citrix, Red Hat, PNC bank, SECU, Lexus Nexus...etc whose workers are not from Raleigh. WakeGov estimates 62 people move to Wake county a day. Just ask the people who get in your car on a daily basis where they’re from, and the usual response will be anywhere BUT wake county.

What’s my point? My point is that you are talking trash about how the people of Raleigh are but they’re not even from here, including yourself. They are westerners, northerners, southerners, and foreigners. So it’s people who move into Raleigh that make this place exactly how you describe it. You would think they would have been tamed after coming from larger cities with higher crime rates. I see a lot of people having beef with you for assuming so much, so I can only hazard to say that you are one of those newcomers who is in fact matching the description of your comment. Maybe it’s you my friend, and people like you who are making this area into what you are describing it to be. Ultimately, you are the inescapable result of your own actions, just like these Raleightes are the inescapable result of you.

Bobbyk5487

Have you ever considered the demographics of this area? There are around 100,000+ students from all the Triangle universities, many whom are not from the area. The Research triangle park hires many many foreigners from all different countries, and urges many from the West Coast and the North states to move here for a job in tech, pharmaceuticals, medical...etc. You have Citrix, Red Hat, PNC bank, SECU, Lexus Nexus...etc whose workers are not from Raleigh. WakeGov estimates 62 people move to Wake county a day. Just ask the people who get in your car on a daily basis where they’re from, and the usual response will be anywhere BUT wake county.

What’s my point? My point is that you are talking trash about how the people of Raleigh are but they’re not even from here, including yourself. They are westerners, northerners, southerners, and foreigners. So it’s people who move into Raleigh that make this place exactly how you describe it. You would think they would have been tamed after coming from larger cities with higher crime rates. I see a lot of people having beef with you for assuming so much, so I can only hazard to say that you are one of those newcomers who is in fact matching the description of your comment. Maybe it’s you my friend, and people like you who are making this area into what you are describing it to be. Ultimately, you are the inescapable result of your own actions, just like these Raleightes are the inescapable result of you.
It's the locals bruh....us out of towners laugh amongst each other about how this area didn't get the memo that it's not 1947....this area is a good place and has the potential to be great....but them old ideals need to die already....Charlotte is full of out of towners but it's very progressive...but yes the crime is bad there....i like Raleigh, and in not here to make friends, but Im just saying you have good guys and bad guy....cops shouldn't be trying to make bad guys out of the good guys....heartlessly banning someone from their place of employment because of youre ego trip when they haven't harmed or disturb anyone and as the other poster who disagreed with me for sport but said he had one misstep and they "yelled" at him....its just not the way in my opinion....a guy who have lived all over the country with no legal trouble shouldn't have had 6 hostile encounters with the police in 3 weeks...at a point it's bullying and harassing....i even call the sergeant and calmly explain how much better mural respect would be received.....the entire 5 minute convo he was saying little confrontational provoking little crap trying to make me angry or belittle me but my mind is far stronger than to let these hicks derail my future like they obviously are trying to do...

ubercrashdummy

Petty is knowing the rules, breaking them and then whining to everyone about how unfair the consequences are.

This isn't even your first thread to complain about RDU so you knew you would be called on stuff and you had probably made yourself a target earlier.

We get it. You couldn't be the problem. It's everyone else's fault.

In fact, it's the entire city of Raleigh's fault.

We are so lucky to have you serving our airport because who knows where we could find a replacement.

....until I realize how much of a police and Jim Crow state the Raleigh area is....everyone is so so quiet but I boy when you here what on their minds you'll think it's 1945
In May of 1945, everyone was thinking about war in the Pacific where we wont drop the bomb until August.

You are a typical Raleigh area robot....this is definitely trumps country round here....
...i come from a place where they're not still fighting to keep Confederate statutes...so I guess it my fault for just up and moving to a place where trump won big....youre right it's me
Trump in fact lost wake county by over 100k votes.

Last edited:

Bobbyk5487

Petty is knowing the rules, breaking them and then whining to everyone about how unfair the consequences are.

This isn't even your first thread to complain about RDU so you knew you would be called on stuff and you had probably made yourself a target earlier.

We get it. You couldn't be the problem. It's everyone else's fault.

In fact, it's the entire city of Raleigh's fault.

We are so lucky to have you serving our airport because who knows where we could find a replacement.

In May of 1945, everyone was thinking about war in the Pacific where we wont drop the bomb until August.

Trump in fact lost wake county by over 100k votes.
I'm just a terrible terrible terrible person....i deserve death row for not having the new and improved uber sticker....i get it...and you are perfect...you follow all the rules!!!

Disgusted Driver

I'm just a terrible terrible terrible person....i deserve death row for not having the new and improved uber sticker....i get it...and you are perfect...you follow all the rules!!!
Are you just a troll having fun with us or are you really that clueless. It's not the sticker, it's you. You need to buy a vowel and don't let the door hit you on the ass. That or perhaps some therapy for your persecution complex.

Bobbyk5487

Are you just a troll having fun with us or are you really that clueless. It's not the sticker, it's you. You need to buy a vowel and don't let the door hit you on the ass. That or perhaps some therapy for your persecution complex.
So after nearly 40 years of a spotless record....good work in every places I been....countless employees of the months.....it took the benevolent uber drivers and uber police of rdu to force me to see that I'm actually one of the bad guys and I deserve the worst life has to offer....thanks guys I now see the light.....hopefully for the sake of the world rdu Gestapo will come and hang me by high noon

ubercrashdummy

Death row?

They told you to come back when you had the proper trade dress/sticker.

All you have to do is get the damn sticker and they will let you back on RDU property.

Status
Not open for further replies.