Ratings

SM2145

My overall rating 4.67 near my name but when I do cumulative it is showing 4.30. But last week and half went from 4.75 to 4.29. I know one a..hole. He was at campus and I picked him up and he was catching NJT. He probably thought I made him miss his train but it is actually his fault he didn't leave enough time and expect me to speed through campus.

johnmiles

Can't really think about ratings, especially in North Jersey. Just drive to your best potential and safe, be professional, and you should be fine. I had to completely let it go because it was driving me nuts. I do everything to perfection, have been driving professionally for 10+ years, have a nice newish car, never miss a turn and still get bad ratings from perfect rides. Some people are just deekheads.

XUBERX

Print this to the back of your front seat, it helped my rating go from 4.5 to 4.8.

Ubert Rating Policy
For drivers
5* stars is a pass
4* stars or less is a fail
Please keep in mind that drivers with 4.6 rating get terminated.
Rate appropriately

For passengers

Yes! Passengers get ratings too, just ask me about yours and I'll happily tell you.

Thank you for taking the time to read this, have a wonderful day.

Now if you encounter a pax that tell you that they have seen drivers with 4 stars or less and are still driving, just tell them that they are on probation and if they don't bring their ratings up they'll will be terminated.

Edit:
PS. I don't give water or candies, neither open doors or kiss ass, I just have a pleasant conversation if they are in a talkative mood otherwise I just drive, and at the end of the trip I tell them " have a nice day and you're getting 5 stars today.

Last edited:

Geeanywhere

I am freaking out because my rating is going into slum. Any suggestions on bringing up the score. Yes, I understand it's overall of 500 but it builds up quick

Nagodesi

Hi Guy, Just joined Uber yesterday, 1st trip during my lunch hour, from Parsippany to Bedminster, man and his wife, picked up at rental leasing office in Parsippany, on the way to Bedminster, the gentleman asked me if i can go of the route and drop his wife of at a local shopping plaza and then drop him off at his office? I did the trip and felt annoyed, it bad enough to give wrong direction to go to the shopping plaza, I had to pass this man office and drop of his wife and then go back to drop him off. my take home after Uber fees, was $27 for 24 miles. going forward can I give the passenger a four or lower star?

Mr_Frenchie

Hi Guy, Just joined Uber yesterday, 1st trip during my lunch hour, from Parsippany to Bedminster, man and his wife, picked up at rental leasing office in Parsippany, on the way to Bedminster, the gentleman asked me if i can go of the route and drop his wife of at a local shopping plaza and then drop him off at his office? I did the trip and felt annoyed, it bad enough to give wrong direction to go to the shopping plaza, I had to pass this man office and drop of his wife and then go back to drop him off. my take home after Uber fees, was $27 for 24 miles. going forward can I give the passenger a four or lower star?
Why? I do this all the time. Don’t turn-off the ride. You are still getting paid for mileage and time. I don’t see a problem here.

Trust me this is one of the less serious issue doing Uber. LOL

Last edited:

Skyhakw2472

1st trip during my lunch hour, from Parsippany to Bedminster
Probably not the best thing to do on your lunch hour. Who knows where you will wind up. With any service like this you will probably end up a lot further away then you want to be. If you want short rides that keep you close then you may want to try Jersey City, Hoboken, West New York etc. You are more inclined to get short rides that will keep you local, or may even bring you into the city. If you were annoyed about that ride then good luck.

AshyLarry81

My overall rating 4.67 near my name but when I do cumulative it is showing 4.30. But last week and half went from 4.75 to 4.29. I know one a..hole. He was at campus and I picked him up and he was catching NJT. He probably thought I made him miss his train but it is actually his fault he didn't leave enough time and expect me to speed through campus.
Care to share what this guy's name is? I almost exclusively drive in the New Brunswick/Edison area and would like to avoid the a-holes. If you'd like, I'll share the ones who are on my shitlist.

AshyLarry81

Haha, one thing you'll learn in this business or in any service work for that matter is that a lot of Indians (immigrants mainly, not the Westernized ones) are very difficult to please. The two who are on my shitlist happen to be Indian as well.

Shivani from Constitution Circle, North Brunswick - Told me to hurry up once even though I was only 10 minutes away AND she never tipped on two different occasions. Sorry, not risking a speeding ticket for a minimum fare ride.
Nikki from Cinder Rd, Edison - Terrible attitude, condescending, permanent stank face.