ratings stuck at 4.84

waldowainthrop

your rating is horrible. How did it get so low? Honesty is appreciated

I wouldn’t doubt driving in the Hudson Valley is a hard market on ratings.

I bet a 4.97 is a 4.92 in that market. Let’s see if anyone else can confirm that the Hudson Valley is filled with stressed out rich people and the people who serve them. I bet it’s not the easiest!

Also, the original poster should stop talking ratings with passengers. It’s a sure way to get lower ratings.

FLKeys

My list of badges I thought I would never see are the same plus Cool Car. Of course this thread made me go look. To my shock I see a Great Amenities Badge.

A couple of weeks ago I pick up a couple and I hear the lady say "This is nice you don't see it very often any more." A couple of minutes later I hear "Wow that was easy to open." At the end of the ride the lady hands me a $10 bill and says thanks for the bottle of water as she gets out of the car.
Took me a second to realize she was drinking a water someone else left in my car. They must have had auto tip turned on as well because I got a 20% tip in the app in addition to her $10 bill.

Guessing she gave me the Great Amenities badge.

I get a lot of comments on my music, however those come form the type of people that I don't think are much into giving out stars and badges.

UberChiefPIT

That actually sounds pretty reasonable. I know everyone here is (intentionally or not) bought into the grade inflation of American consumerist “would buy again A+++++++ perfection love it” culture, but it’s not a rational way to provide or receive feedback for a service or product.
The true problem doesn't rest in American consumerist culture itself, it's that the app dev team have designed the interface so that it is MOST convenient, time-saving, and problem-free for the user if they simply just rate 5 stars.

That's a generational-cultural trait. The attention span of the average GLOBAL consumer is incredibly small, compared to older generations everywhere. They want to get from point A to point B quickly, and forget about the experience just as fast. If the app makes it extremely quick and simple to move on with their lives by giving 5 stars, that's what they'll do.

They have to feel exceptionally inconvenienced already DURING the trip, that they have no recourse but to spend excess time AFTER the trip to push extra buttons and prompts to downrate someone.
Post automatically merged:

I wouldn’t doubt driving in the Hudson Valley is a hard market on ratings.

I bet a 4.97 is a 4.92 in that market. Let’s see if anyone else can confirm that the Hudson Valley is filled with stressed out rich people and the people who serve them. I bet it’s not the easiest!

Also, the original poster should stop talking ratings with passengers. It’s a sure way to get lower ratings.

Yep. Asking someone to rate you higher is essentially begging them to rate you lower. You make the conversation about YOU, and they feel less inclined to help you out.

Protip: Give your pax "insider-tips" about how the Uber app system works, how the algo works, how to avoid problems with future trips, etc etc etc...and they will definitely UP-rate you and cash tip you more often.

The Gift of Fish

Well, I was doing it after work and in that moment I didn’t really give a crap about it. But yes, driving under these conditions was really stupid and right now I wouldn’t do it for less than $50/h.
I have no problem driving at night but evenings are really suck, already dark, so many random lights around and some people are really lacking of driving skills.
I find that Bay Area drivers are particularly unskilled, and definitely experience a lot of difficulty driving in the rain and understanding that a different driving technique is called for. What best sums up the lack of awareness of what happens when it rains is the sign that illuminates on the 101 at the entrance to SF when it's raining, informing drivers - "Caution, wet road".

rondog2400

Stars don't pay the bills. It wouldn't surprise me that the ones that you are discussing your rating and asking for photos, may be going back and down rating you.

Repeat after me: ratings do not pay the bills. Ratings do not have any monetary value. If my rating hits 4.65-4.7, I really need to worry.

Sounds like your are a new driver. Trust me, don't get all hyper focused on your rating. 4.84 is a good rating. Ratings are based off the last 100 or 500 ratings. This is based on people actually rating you which > 50% don't rate. Your ratings go up once the lower stars drop off.

The below gives me a idea when I am rated low and how long it will take for them lower than 4 stars will drop off. I was at a 4.98 and within a week, I was bamboozled with a 1 star and a few other sub 5 stars.

View attachment 504285
Post automatically merged:

View attachment 504325
Ya know, I’ve rarely struggled with “lacking 2-stars”.
It seems that row is the one that LEAST often hits “0” for me. Baffling. I must really earn those 😅
I have 0 -2nd 0- 3 stars, 490 5 then 6 and 4 ones = 4.95

Last edited:

34-Methoxyzacko

How do you get those?
(I know how to get a 1)

One of mine came from a pax who I gave fair warning upon seeing the destination as Taco Bell— that he would be dropped at Taco Bell (1.2mi trip). Drive-thru wasn’t happening unless he edited the trip on his end, as my next trip came thru almost immediately (he’d already claimed not to know how). It was roughly 1:50AM, & was 3rd leg of a $19.50 CRB (which meant I could be able to snag that $19.50 & still be well-positioned to swoop into bar-closing surge while offline after completing it).
Taking my warning and declining to edit the trip, pax opted instead to have me simply take him home— the block immediately behind Taco Bell.
I suppose he felt the fair warning was worth an extra star...?

After all: [ 💰 > ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ ] 🤷🏻😅

Gone_in_60_seconds

For almost 2 months now I my rating of 4.84 has stayed the same although I know for a fact that countless passengers have been giving me 5 stars. It seems that Uber is not recording them on my ratings. What to do? Recourse? I have been asking passengers to allow me to photograph their phones showing that they gave me a 5 starrating.
Try foot massages. ....But you need soft and strong hands.

Westerner

. They want to get from point A to point B quickly, and forget about the experience just as fast.
I don't think that's a generational thing. I think that's what most people want in general. When driving I care a lot more about tips than ratings. In the rare times I've used RS as a rider (usually going to the airport). I just want to get where I'm going, I always tip too but it annoys me when the driver talks a lot. Oh, and I'm late 50s, so I'm older.

DudeUbering

Soon as you hit 4.99, you receive a weekly foot massage from Dara...

If you can't wait for the foot massage ...

keep your car clean
neutral smell
know your town
don't drive nights
don't come off as a perv to the chicks
don't check out the chicks in the rear view mirror, they know this perv move
take a bath everyday

no hip hop, rap radio stations
low volume on the radio
Just make a extra stop if asked
Take the freaking dog and just carry a lint roller
If ask, go the way they want
If you miss a turn, apologize and let them know your a dumb ass
candy in the pockets, but not those freaking mints that come with the restaurant check
use your turn signals and check your mirrors every 5 seconds (make sure passenger is watching)
load, unload luggage

Don't pick up relatives, those two 4's and two 3's are from ex-wives, I rejected their advances

1606016656360.png

Last edited:

rondog2400

Soon as you hit 4.99, you receive a weekly foot massage from Dara...

If you can't wait for the foot massage ...

keep your car clean
neutral smell
know your town
don't drive nights
don't come off as a perv to the chicks
don't check out the chicks in the rear view mirror, they know this perv move
take a bath everyday

no hip hop, rap radio stations
low volume on the radio
Just make a extra stop if asked
Take the freaking dog and just carry a lint roller
If ask, go the way they want
If you miss a turn, apologize and let them know your a dumb ass
candy in the pockets, but not those freaking mints that come with the restaurant check
use your turn signals and check your mirrors every 5 seconds (make sure passenger is watching)
load, unload luggage

Don't pick up relatives, those two 4's and two 3's are from ex-wives, I rejected their advances

View attachment 528208
Ex wife's lol. I had 490 5 stars then somebody hit a 4 , I have 489 -8--0-3 , the 3 was from way back .. I'm 4.96 in 3050 trips