"Ratings Protection" must work...

Trebor

So, we all heard about this ratings protection and it seems to be working.

Last week this rider was demanding I speed because he was running late for his flight. I told him the best I could do is go a couple above the speed limit since I do not want to get pulled over.

"But you dont understand. I am running late, can you go faster"

"No, I am getting paid $20 for this ride and I am not going to risk a $200+ fine and have it go on my record and potentially have me deactivated from Uber when they do my annual background check. We are not far enough from the airport to where speeding will make a difference unless I do at least 100mph. Going 10mph over will get you there maybe 2 minutes faster but increase my risk of getting a ticket at which point, you will be late.

If you want, I can exit the freeway and you can get another driver that may speed, I am going to leave it at that, if you want another driver, let me know, otherwise I am not going to respond to anything else".

He shut up for about 5 or 10 minutes. Then pleaded again. At this point I did not respond to him, nor did I say anything else until the end of the ride. When we got to the terminal, I was polite, told him we are here, got his suitcase out for him and he looked at me and said. That was not good, not good. At this point I just started busting out laughing and told him.. he better hurry and get to the gate instead of standing there.

Little did he know, when I asked him what terminal he was headed to, he told me IAH. I said, there are 5 terminals. He finally told me the airline. At this point he was already being a little jerk so I "forgot" to ask him if he was flying domestic or international. I just assumed that he was flying international due to his accent if anyone asks.

ANYHOW

I sent a quick note to Uber saying I did not feel safe with him since he demanded I speed and break the law. I also decided to ask to not be paired with him again. Well, cut and paste response, okay, its documented.

About 30 minutes later, I got my first rider report in months. It was something about the vehicle being dirty. I figured it was him. This rating magically disappeared shortly after I called Uber about something else and when the guy asked me if there was anything else.. I remembered about this jerk. He told me that it appears he left you this rating about your car being dirty. He said it wont affect me since he is the first one complaining about my car being dirty in 4,000+ rides. He told me dont worry about it.

So Does rating protection work? I think so.

So Does rating protection work? I think so.
Well done on the cya. A lot of what Uber has told me in the past amounts to a whole lot of nothing, so I'll believe it when I see it. They've told me not to worry about ratings. Hmmm...

Last edited:

Trebor

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well done on the cya. A lot of what Uber has told me in the past amounts to a whole lot of nothing, so I'll believe it when I see it. They've told me not to worry about ratings. Hmmm...
Yea, the goal is to always be the first one to report it.

CSR told me not to worry, but I am like, its still on my record. I could care less about ratings for the most part, but I am not going to be dumb and say they dont matter, because they do. A low rating can get you kicked off. (pretty sure he gave me a 1 star but my rating did not go down, I have too many rides). I do firmly believe though that if you are kicked or suspended because a rider said something you can fight it by saying your ratings and badges say differently. How can I have almost 3,000 stars if I was this horrible driver? I am in agreement though that Uber will probably still deactivate you before looking at your overall rating.

RollwithCHRIS

I had a similar "cleanliness" report that was removed within a day. Plus my rating went back up quickly so I'm assuming the bad rating was removed also.

I didn't have to email them or anything. Uber can look into my history and see countless reviews praising my clean vehicle and 94% of my ratings are 5 stars.

Trebor

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I had a similar "cleanliness" report that was removed within a day. Plus my rating went back up quickly so I'm assuming the bad rating was removed also.

I didn't have to email them or anything. Uber can look into my history and see countless reviews praising my clean vehicle and 94% of my ratings are 5 stars.

ooo your beating me by 1 percent. I better stop slacking

SkidRow

About 30 minutes later, I got my first rider report in months. It was something about the vehicle being dirty.
The favorite complaint of Pissant Prima-Donnas. Possibly because they're not sure what Professionalism and Navigation are.

tootsie

IMG_3468.PNG
It has to be working based on my rating for the week and on the two reports above ( I have never received the following complaints before this, sometimes I wonder if it's a jealous uber driver). I wish it was i effect the weak prior the guy I one stared for spilling food on my seat should of never been able to rate me.