Ratings justice for PAX

For various reasons, there can be good riders you don't want to give a ride to again. They live close by and have a destination you don't want to go to. They are a short ride. They are too energetic in the morning, or whatever. There is something about the ride that doesn't work for you with no fault of the rider. You are just not a good fit. I call this is a ratings dilemma.

You have to rate them 1 star Uber, or 3 star Lyft in order to avoid being matched again. However, the rider has not done anything to warrant a low rating.

Uber and Lyft need to separate the ratings and possible rematch. Have a separate box that allows you to not be re-matched. And then let the riders be rated on how they were as a rider.

Stevie The magic Unicorn

I have a friend who works with me at the TSA (yes airport screener), he lives about 7-8 minutes from the airport. When his wife's schedule conflicts he has to take an uber home.

He's on his 12th account this year and keeps getting downrated into oblivion. I don't think he's gotten more than 1 star ever going to or from work.

Dude.. I'll take you...

"no no I'll just take an uber"

*Internal facepalm*

And the dipstick wonders why it happens...

Dude just take a taxi it's about the same price and they'll even get a turn-around slip so they don't have to re-queue..

"No i'd rather take an uber"

There's also days no one in the queue will take him.

A black guy with a 2.3 rating at the airport?

Yeah good luck with that...

Yet he could just walk up to the taxis and get a driver a free trip through the line because it's such a short trip. Probobly like $10-12 in a taxi and about $10.00 on uber.

Daisey77

You have to rate them 1 star Uber, or 3 star Lyft in order to avoid being matched again
Rating a passenger 1 star, doesn't automatically unmatch you either. I've had a couple instances where I was rematched. Support has told me numerous times that I have to call in to request to get unmatched. This last time I called in I ask them if this is still the policy and they said yes. The only Exception I've heard is if both the passenger and the driver one star each other then it's automatic but I've only heard that through other drivers not from experience

Gone_in_60_seconds

I have a friend who works with me at the TSA (yes airport screener), he lives about 7-8 minutes from the airport. When his wife's schedule conflicts he has to take an uber home.

He's on his 12th account this year and keeps getting downrated into oblivion. I don't think he's gotten more than 1 star ever going to or from work.

Dude.. I'll take you...

"no no I'll just take an uber"

*Internal facepalm*

And the dipstick wonders why it happens...

Dude just take a taxi it's about the same price and they'll even get a turn-around slip so they don't have to re-queue..

"No i'd rather take an uber"

There's also days no one in the queue will take him.

A black guy with a 2.3 rating at the airport?

Yeah good luck with that...

Yet he could just walk up to the taxis and get a driver a free trip through the line because it's such a short trip. Probobly like $10-12 in a taxi and about $10.00 on uber.
Yeah, racism is wrong. However, stereotyping is necessary when you don't have all the information. And, sadly most stereotypes are more right than wrong, which explains why people continue to use them.

Dice Man

Uber showing everything on the ping, just don't take it.
Also with Uber you have to choose my passenger was rude, and write, "please don't match me with this passenger again ".
ONE star in Uber will be matched again.
Lyft 3 star is OK for not matching again.

Stevie The magic Unicorn

Yeah, racism is wrong. However, stereotyping is necessary when you don't have all the information. And, sadly most stereotypes are more right than wrong, which explains why people continue to use them.

I was pointing out that having a sub 4.8 rating isn't helped by you being a black guy.

But the core of his problem is getting airport pickups that got all of 5-10 minutes down the road.

ANT 7

I understand what the OP is saying, but, I also don't care about the rider's rating or the impact of my one star on it, as I will never see them again. Do they care about mine ??? :rolleyes:

About 2-3 times a week I hand out a one star to someone for various reasons, usually not related to their personal conduct while in my vehicle.

We're not saving the manatee's here.............