• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Ratings in Kitchener Waterloo

I've talk to friends doing uber in the USA, even noticed on this site that it is harder to maintain a good rating in our area.

I'm at 4.75, which has been hard to maintain. I've taken an uber once in Kitchener and the driver was at 4.56.

I do not understand how some people can have an average of 4.80+

uberpoolfool

Because they bend over to pax. Hand out gum, water ox cord and even free bj's but they dont know rating doesnt pay for maintanance or depreciation. I was in toronto last night and 2 pax had alcoholic drinks in macdonald cups. I told them to get rid and they said no and they cancelled the trip. I just didnt give a duck and moved on. My rating is great because I have rules and the pax dont always like and rate low and I dont care.

CocaColaKid

4.84 and I have nothing other than an Aux cord. (And I drive a super small compact, so I thought I'd be lower than most)

Coke

MUGATS

The more students you pick up, the lower your rating will be. K/W (especially Waterloo) has a high ratio of students/adult pax.

They get a high surge bill and....they blame you. 1 Star
They try to jam 5 in your car, you say no..... 3 Stars
They try to bring beers with them, you say no..... 2 Stars

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
The more students you pick up, the lower your rating will be. K/W (especially Waterloo) has a high ratio of students/adult pax.

Very true. Agree completely.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Agree with Mugats. Students do rate low. May be becz they dont care but on the other hand. It's kostly dead in guelph when the students are away
This week has been dead here in Waterloo. I was about to try Guelph just now. Thanks for letting us know it's dead there too.

uberpoolfool

My strategy is not to pick up in Watelooo, unless its surging heavily, my minimum is 2.5x.
I prefer Kitchener and Conestoga College students are much better than Waterloo Laurier. Guelph is OK, never had any rating issues.