Uber Drivers Forum banner

Ratings dropped!

2K views 36 replies 25 participants last post by  WMUber 
#1 ·
I've had a 4.95 for the past couple of weeks with 1700 trips. But in just 3 days its dropped to a 4.93 . I've been doing everything the same. So I wonder if it has to do with the new passenger app update.

#5 ·
I'll tell you why and it's the dumbest reason but I think it's true. Because it's the only positive feedback we ever get. No tips, crappy pay, barely even a thank you for baggage handling, take me to the drive thru, etc. The only positive feedback we ever get are those goddam useless free stars. So it's not much but it still makes you mad when you don't get one of them

#11 ·
My theory is that if you do, say 20 trips in a night and none of them actually rate you that night, your rating will drop because it has to do with the percentage of trips/ratings. The next time they go into their app and rate you 5 stars, it will go back up.

#12 ·
I tell the people who are cool that I am going to give them 5 stars. They automatically say they will give me 5 stars. This makes it more likely that they will. It makes it more likely that the person who wouldn't rate at all will rate now because they know I will rate them with 5.
This keeps my rating above a 4.9 and makes it so that I have no problem saying NO to the pushy arrogant &&)holes who think they can eat in my car or go through a drive through or have me wait for them to do whatever they need to do along the way. Go ahead and rate me 1 star you @&$hole because I have enough verbally committed 5 stars that I could give a &@$) what you think or what you rate.

It's a game and most pax are really cool people.

#14 ·
I've been seeing the same trend. I was at a 4.94 for months and months. As of two weeks ago it has steadily dropped to 4.90 and have been driving the same as well. I also have 1800+ rides. I feel like pax are getting used to getting picked up in a brand new Mercedes as an uberx since all these guys aren't making money on uberlux and feel like they're getting ripped off when a Prius or civic picks them up.

#15 ·
Mine dropped last week in a few days from 4.86 to 4.79.
I started observing it very close.
Now went down again to 4.78
I started counting my past 28 rides all but one were 5* still went down.
Yesterday i did a "rider no show" no choice. Waited 8 minutes.
I dont want to talk monscence here but could be that every time you cancel a ride as a " pax no show", colect the $4. later customer complains,Uber pushes ur ratings down.

#19 ·
I understand what the op is asking, I don't drive on Mondays or Tuesdays, so after not driving since Sunday, I updated the app on Wednesday and my rating dropped a point before I even took a trip. And yes I checked it each day. It actually dropped 2 points and has since climbed back up 1 with only about 12 rides this week.

#20 ·
My rating has fallen with the rates and timeouts.

Seeing I can no longer drive at base rates I wait/look for surges, sometimes big ones. This revolves around driving drunks that can't walk let alone push stars, combine this with the pissed off sober ones paying triple and my rating goes down.

Timeouts: Used to pass on low rated PAX below 4.7, now cannot do this as much if I'm sitting on 2 skips already so I have to pick up some shit riders here as well. Combine it with #1 and you can really get trashed on occassion.

Uber should protect us, throw out the highest and lowest rating weekly

#22 · (Edited)
My opinion is that if you strike up a conversation with a PAX rather than having them just sit there and staring into space it will help and also eases any tension for you and them. PAX feel like they are not just jumping into a car with a complete stranger that with one wrong move could cost them their life. That said , you will also discover that many are curious about the whole UBER driving experience and if it is worth it. For every 15 rides I may give 12 of them I will have a chat while driving to the destination . I will strike up the conversation most will not unless prompted. This is also a good time for the driver to ask how long they have been using UBER and kinda explain how things work to also include the star rating system. I had one tell me he thought that by giving 4 stars it would be adequate and it would not affect the overall rating. This man uses UBER several times a week and is his only source of Transport around Los Angeles? Just think about all the drivers that had been given 4 stars in the past by this one person even though they provided excellent service only because this PAX simply did not understand the rules. I am happy to report I got a 5 star rating from this person and even positive comments. I am a believer that KNOWLEDGE = POWER. Thanks for reading.

#23 ·
At the end of the day, you're going to get some 1* ratings from bad pax. You're going to get some 4* from good, but ignorant pax. As long as you don't dip below 4.7 you're good.

Protip: If you have a 1* pax in your car, you know they're going to 1* you. Not only 1* them, but report them. Less likely to get a ding that way.

#24 ·
Uber is giving ratings guidelines in the passenger app. The guidelines follow the traditional balanced Likert Scale of:
1 = Poor
2 = Below Average
3 = Average
4 = Above Average
5 = Excellent

No need to worry. A falling tide lowers all boats. All this means is that the "Average" will settle in at about 4.00 and deactivation will be around 3.50.

#29 ·
I fixed up the Likert Scale a little bit gearing it towards Uber. So I guess it's the Uber Don't Likert Scale

The guidelines follow the traditional balanced Likert Scale of:
1 = Poor (Driver Canned)
2 = Below Average (Driver Canned)
3 = Average (Driver Canned)
4 = Above Average (Driver Canned)
4.5= Really Really Above Average (Driver Still Canned)
5 = Excellent ( Driver May Continue to Drive)

Keep these ratings in mind the next time you go to request an Uber and you see a gnarly surge. Just know that every ABOVE AVERAGE & THE REALLY REALLY ABOVE AVERAGE driver you give a 4 to contributes to them being terminated and you paying more.

#31 ·
Mine went down from 4.89 to 4.85 in the last month or so. As long as I'm above 4.8, I'm gonna keep treating pax the same. Treat them with respect and stop kissing their ass. If they step out of line put them In their place.

Sure, we are humans and care about other people's opinion. But what matters the most is your opinion of yourself. Don't let pax disrespect your time or property. Standing up for yourself will mean much more than imaginary ratings that will disappear in a couple of months.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.