Ratings at All Time Low: 4.59 - Should I Worry?

jerseycrooner

I've had a lot of Newark rides lately. Now my ratings are 4.59. Seems like Newark passengers give me 1 - 3 ratings quite often! So do a lot of Fairleigh Dickinson (Madison) students, as well! Should I worry about deactivation for low ratings?

Last edited:

PorkRollUberAndCheese

I've had a lot of Newark rides lately. Now my ratings are 4.59. Seems like Newark passengers give me 1 - 3 ratings quite often! So do a lot of Fairleigh Dickinson (Madison) students, as well! Should I worry about deactivation for low ratings?

Given your posts here, did you ever think it's you and not your passengers?

There's a Raylen Givens quote that applies here. Think about it.

jerseycrooner

Before you judge me maybe you should take 100 Newark PAX rides and see where your ratings end up. I am a white guy and that seems to disturb many of the Newark PAX. I just wish they'd tell me up front they prefer a driver of a different complexion and cancel the ride rather than give me low ratings. I see you drive down the shore so you cannot relate to me! By the way, why are you immune to bad ratings from Newark PAX?

Before you judge me maybe you should take 100 Newark PAX rides and see where your ratings end up. I am a white guy and that seems to disturb many of the Newark PAX. I just wish they'd tell me up front they prefer a driver of a different complexion and cancel the ride rather than give me low ratings. I see you drive down the shore so you cannot relate to me! By the way, why are you immune to bad ratings from Newark PAX?

I made a post about this yesterday, this whole week i have had like 30 rides in Newark. The week before, about the same. My rating went from a 4.81 to a 4.65 in a week

Also, I asked passengers for 5 stars, that's worked for me whenever I get low I ask.

Mista T

Author
Wow, either those riders have got some kind of secret group mission to ruin drivers ratings, or maybe you guys need to analyze your own "passenger interactions" and find the flaws.

I'm not saying its you, but there seems to be only two common denominators here... the driver and the destination.

MaximusMurkimus

Sounds like TC has the issue with people of a different complexion than him.

I drive everyone and everyone tends to surprise me. There are pleasant and irritating people on all sides; getting out of Newark won't change that.

jerseycrooner

I made a post about this yesterday, this whole week i have had like 30 rides in Newark. The week before, about the same. My rating went from a 4.81 to a 4.65 in a week

Also, I asked passengers for 5 stars, that's worked for me whenever I get low I ask.
I did 12 rides last night. 7 were Newark PAX. My ratings dropped from 4.68 to 4.59. I drove one girl from Newark to Drew University. She was pissed off about something from the pick up point to drop off. At pick up I said I pick up at Drew University all the time and told her Uber appreciates their business. She said "Oh you mean you appreciate the business of all those wealthy students st Drew." I shut up and said nothing else until drop off at Drew when I wished her a good night. Within seconds my ratings dropped .04 points which means she gave me a 1 rating. She also gave me a safe driving complaint. By the way, this was a non- surge ride! I had other Newark PAX that night with attitude too! I did nothing to deserve this!

MaximusMurkimus

You mean, besides assuming that your skin complexion is dictating their attitude.

It sounds like you're trying to be talkative to pax who are obviously not in the mood. That's the time you be quiet and crank up the music.

jerseycrooner

You mean, besides assuming that your skin complexion is dictating their attitude.

It sounds like you're trying to be talkative to pax who are obviously not in the mood. That's the time you be quiet and crank up the music.
I did shut up. No excuse for giving me a 1. That's telling Uber I should not be a driver for them! Also she lied about a driving safety issue when there was no such issue.

LEO2112

Hmm....this post reminded of once when I was scrolling thru my twitter feed I noticed someone retweeted a young African American female's (don't remember who she was) pinned tweet which stated, "THESE UBER DRIVERS NEED TO LEARN WHEN TO STFU!" :confused::p

jerseycrooner

Hmm....this post reminded of once when I was scrolling thru my twitter feed I noticed someone retweeted a young African American female's (don't remember who she was) pinned tweet which stated, "THESE UBER DRIVERS NEED TO LEARN WHEN TO STFU!" :confused::p
Ridiculous! If I said nothing the whole trip she'd accuse me of not talking because I thought she was beneath me. Doubt you guys drive deep inside Newark like I do. I'm talking the central ward, Weequake and Valesburg.

polar2017

Here's an idea...
Stop driving in Newark!

I had the trifecta at 1130 pm last night.
Ride to Newark...then to Elizabeth and a final drop in Irvington. Riders were nice though. Typically only drive Newark sun up to sun set. Got a show in Patterson yesterday afternoon.Dropped off a Pax & saw 3 lifeless bodies on the street. Heroin OD is my guess. Cops were everywhere.
Gave out a few 2 & 3 star pax ratings yesterday in other markets.Had some clown ask me if my life goal was to be a taxi driver. Pulled over and told him to shut the fook up or I am calling the police on you for underage drinking. His gf apologized and left me a ten dollar tip.
Only gave out 3 5 star pax ratings by me yesterday with 18 rides.Had terrible riders.
If you request to change my music or college football game on...automatc 4 star rating.

Canteev

Rating is a crapshoot. Recently, I went three straight weeks with very low ratings--to be fair, I don't drive a lot, so I can't afford more than one rating under four stars. During that time, I never made a wrong turn or acted rudely toward any pax.

The following few weeks, I changed nothing and got about thirty straight five-star ratings. Guess what? Last night, some girl who must have been on some heavy drugs, gave me a one star because I wasn't about to wait an hour in the car and miss out on surge. Unless a driver has an attitude, continually messes up on navigation, or has a dirty car, there is no reason for a passenger to dish out poor ratings.

MaximusMurkimus

Ridiculous! If I said nothing the whole trip she'd accuse me of not talking because I thought she was beneath me. Doubt you guys drive deep inside Newark like I do. I'm talking the central ward, Weequake and Valesburg.

Bruh, I live on the border of Newark, Irvington, and East/South Orange. I'm 10-15 minutes away from Prudential, EWR, Penn. You think you know Newark, but I know it better.

Pax here tend to be either pleasant or silent. Either way I never get into these dramatic bouts like you tend to run into. You might wanna dial it back with the patronizing a little bit; mentioning Drew to an irritated pax is cool but you don't work for Uber, so why mention they appreciate your business? That's just one example of making it worse.

Now I'm sure you're convinced that I think you were at fault; I do not think so. However, the pax's attitude did not improve with your comments, and it's at that point where you drop the whole thing and just go back to the music.

polar2017

Bruh, I live on the border of Newark, Irvington, and East/South Orange. I'm 10-15 minutes away from Prudential, EWR, Penn. You think you know Newark, but I know it better.

Pax here tend to be either pleasant or silent. Either way I never get into these dramatic bouts like you tend to run into. You might wanna dial it back with the patronizing a little bit; mentioning Drew to an irritated pax is cool but you don't work for Uber, so why mention they appreciate your business? That's just one example of making it worse.

Now I'm sure you're convinced that I think you were at fault; I do not think so. However, the pax's attitude did not improve with your comments, and it's at that point where you drop the whole thing and just go back to the music.
With all due respect...as a driver in urban areas you got to know how to size up the pax & pick/drop spot.
Newark has a lot to offer for sure. Vast majority of pax are decent people. Only takes one pax to skew an opinion or a drop/ pick in a rough area to be a challenge and opinions change.
I have been sized up in areas waiting for a pax. If I get the look...tell the peeps I am with uber and waiting for xyz.