• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Rating *****

g00r

4.75 on 1166 trips

So if 4.5 is F
And 5 ia A
that makes me C grade-average...and I am more than okay with that!

meluber

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I have done more than 1000 trips. Some riders expectations are really high.

anOzzieUber

Over 4.85 with over 1000 trips - can't give exact figures since they only show the last 1 year for ratings. Haven't driven for a while, and no plans to in the near future.

MazdaX

Not really sure how it is calculated. Initially I thought it was a 2 week moving average. But lately no matter. How many 5 I get. It doesn't seem to change.

anOzzieUber

Not really sure how it is calculated. Initially I thought it was a 2 week moving average. But lately no matter. How many 5 I get. It doesn't seem to change.
Depends what you are looking at - if it's your 365 day rating then it's averaged not over 365 days but over the last 500 (I think?) trips. So once you build up to that amount of trips, the average will rarely deviate.

cpt.awesome

4.77 but 4.5 for 1 day stats! The app crashed after ride complete (when i was trying to rate pax) and think a glitch gave me 0 stars for 1 trip.
Will find out from Uber.
Anyone had something like this happen?

g00r

A rider can rate you up to two weeks after the ride. Your app crashing would unlikely have any affect on what passengers rate you

cpt.awesome

I do realize that and you could be right but after just that rider (it was my last pax for the night and just after midnight) my daily stats were showing as 0 where normally no ratings have always appeared as - . Immediately after restarting the app the last trip total was showing as n/a and i also got an email from uber saying that a problem with the system had caused problems with some fares and they would be fixing it. It's not unreasonable to assume that possibly the passengers app also crashed or when they fixed the problem the rating field was messed up.
After driving again in the afternoon, my final daily rating was 4.5 for 16 trips. For me to be on 4.5 i would need to have half of the pax give me 4 stars, which is possible but hasn't happened to me before.
At the time i calculated that ratings of 1x0* 3x4* 12x5* would = 4.5*
Also, i'm not completely sure, but i think my overall rating after that trip dropped from 4.9 to 4.73 before settling on 4.77 by the end of the day.

anOzzieUber

I do realize that and you could be right but after just that rider (it was my last pax for the night and just after midnight) my daily stats were showing as 0 where normally no ratings have always appeared as - . Immediately after restarting the app the last trip total was showing as n/a and i also got an email from uber saying that a problem with the system had caused problems with some fares and they would be fixing it. It's not unreasonable to assume that possibly the passengers app also crashed or when they fixed the problem the rating field was messed up.
After driving again in the afternoon, my final daily rating was 4.5 for 16 trips. For me to be on 4.5 i would need to have half of the pax give me 4 stars, which is possible but hasn't happened to me before.
At the time i calculated that ratings of 1x0* 3x4* 12x5* would = 4.5*
Also, i'm not completely sure, but i think my overall rating after that trip dropped from 4.9 to 4.73 before settling on 4.77 by the end of the day.
When I first started with Uber, it was possible to look at your ratings (using the partners.uber.com portal) to watch your overall and daily rating from trip to trip. Uber has gone to great lengths to make sure you can't do this now. Don't try to work out who may or may not have rated you badly - they disguise it all. There is a very good reason for this, and that is that if you work out what arsehole rated 1* because you didn't give them a 40c bottle of water for their $6 min fare or you were't driving a 100k BMW then you aren't going to pick them up again if you recognise their name/ph number when you get a request from them again.

One of the big advantages of Lyft over Uber is that if a rider rates a driver badly or vice versa, they won't get matched again on a trip. Should be the same with Uber. If you have bad experience with a pax or vice versa - you should never get paired together again. F$*k the rating system - just let riders decide if they want that driver again or not, and let drivers decide if they want to driver some entitled prick around again. No need for this 4.6 deactivation bullshit - if a driver is crap, he/she just won't get rides again. If a pax is an arsehole, they'll have limited access to drivers.

Subaru_X

383 trips, rating at 4.81.

I was away from Uber for 6 weeks due to uni & work commitments, my rating was 4.77. Over the past few days since returning, I have seen it go back up to 4.81 which makes me happy. All I did was start offering chupa-chups to the riders. They really are a hit.