1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Rating

Discussion in 'Ratings' started by Annasmom, Jul 17, 2017.

1. Annasmom

Annasmom New Member

Hi everyone
    So i am a fairly new driver and at right at 3 weeks and my rating has dropped to a 4.66 because one rider decided to give me one star and report me on everything . the rest have been 4 and 5. So now i really want i dont think i deserved one star. But now i feel anxious about my rating. What can i do to increase it. I know some customers have bad days and rate the drivet unfair but still its fustratibg how one 1 star can do such damahe. I do realize you cant have perfect ratings always ive had 30/35 5 star 4.4 star and the one dreaded 1 star with over 70 trips

Last edited: Jul 17, 2017
  2. Cableguynoe

Cableguynoe Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberXL
    I know it doesn't help for someone to say "don't worry about your rating" when you're worried about your rating, but don't worry about your rating.

Once you have enough 5 stars, the ocasional bad rating doesn't cause as much damage.
    So just give it time.
    Just make sure you're driving safely, being friendly and courteous, and the 5 stars will come.

3. Trafficat

Trafficat Well-Known Member

Learn from your mistakes. Why did the passenger give you 1 star? Whatever you did that caused that, you need to stop doing. In fact perhaps the most important thing you need to stop doing is picking up certain kinds of people.

You did not elaborate about this passenger... but did he by chance put in the wrong pickup location or was his pushpin across the street from where he actually was? Is my guess warm? I think picking up these people is my number one source of getting 1 star ratings.

I'm not saying never to pick up someone who puts in the wrong pickup location... but many times you should cancel on them, especially if they give you ANY indication that they think it is somehow your fault, or even if they just sound annoyed. If their in-app pickup location is very far from the correct one, it may not be financially viable to pick them up anyway.

Some people even deliberately put in the wrong pickup address to avoid surge. Avoid those people too. People who game the system are the type that will falsely accuse you to get their rides refunded.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2017
    wk1102 likes this.
  4. Ribak

Ribak Active Member

You are currently on a pace to have >10% 4 stars. An acceptable rate is 2% or less for anything below a 5. Maybe dealing with passengers does not fit well with your style. I would suggest switching to UBER Eats only. If that results in complaints as well, then this just might not be your cup of tea.:p

5. Annasmom

Annasmom New Member

I actually like meeting new riders and meeting all dofferent kinds. I just think that because im new and i honestly thibk the person had a bad day. I sho7ld have cancelled b3fore getting her. Lesson learned . she seemed annoyed on text before picking her up. But my 5 stars are climbing and i know the more i get it will cancel some 4cstars out. Ill keep working at it. I guess the hurdle for me is navigation sonetimes it gets confusing is there any other good apps u rwccomend

6. Ribak

Ribak Active Member

7. wk1102

wk1102 Well-Known Member

This is simply not true. One could have 20% 4 stars and 80% 5 and still be on solid ground. 25%4 and 75% 5 is 4.75

I use Google maps, the uber nav leaves a lot to be desired . i suggest Google maps, its simple and basic. Make sure its in landscape mode it will be easier to follow.
    just tap the compass. 20170717_185744.png

As far as your ratings, Just drive, you'll get more 5s than anything. With such few trips non5s lower you more. I was 4.33 after my 2nd week.. I was freaking but it picked up pretty quickly.

several thousand trips layer I'm 4.85, been 4.75-4.9 in the last year. 20170717_185744.png 20170717_185744.png