Uber Drivers Forum banner

Rating your Rider

1K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  Shers 
#1 ·
Sometime ago I read on one of the U.S forums, I think it may have been NYC but not entirely sure, that if you rate a rider 1* then you would never be matched with that rider again.

Also, Uber would normally contact you asking why you rated the rider only 1* and you'd obviously have to give an explanation. The get around would be to 2* the rider and still you wouldn't be matched but this time you wouldn't have waste time explaining yourself.

On a few occasions, today being one of them, I have rated a rider 1* and 2*s . To date I have not been contacted by Uber asking for an explanation. Interestingly enough I have since not been matched with any of the riders again.

Now I'm not sure if these internal rules really exist and or that they apply here in the UK

Can anyone confirm the above or anyone have any experience of this?

#2 ·
I think it's Lyft in the US where if you rate riders low you won't be matched with them again.

I rate riders at a minimum of 2 exactly for the same reasons you mentioned.

Also it's unlikely youll get the same rider more than one anyway given the number of passengers and drivers in London anyway. (Unless you hang around the same areas at the same time or in the suburbs etc.)

#4 ·
if you rate a rider 1* then you would never be matched with that rider again.
This is definitely a Lyft policy, but it's likely not true in case of Uber.
I think it's Lyft in the US where if you rate riders low you won't be matched with them again.
On a few occasions, today being one of them, I have rated a rider 1* and 2*s . To date I have not been contacted by Uber asking for an explanation.
There have been instances where Uber has emailed the Drivers inquiring about the reason for rating the Rider 1 Star, but this is also not a universal Uber policy.
It's a good practice for Drivers to report serious concerns about the conduct of the Rider after ending or cancelling the trip.

#5 ·
i gave loads of 1* never contacted by uber.
i also had maybe 4 times same raiders(twice each time)
1 remember where was rugby or some prty this year at twickenham stadium i took them from wimbledon fancy dressed etc.
Few weeks later i was going back thru acton, usually i dont pick from this area and there was some guys and girls hanging around i stoped and therybwere like "hey u remember us?"
-sure 3 robots + young sister of tom cruse , lol.

#6 ·
Min fare with 4 people, Indian food leaking in my trunk stinking my car, forcing me to stop working and go to Walmart to get cleaning supply to restore the car = 2 stars! I think I was generous for a min fare with 4 people that took 25 minutes of my time to complete trip but another 20 minutes to restore my car. Not to mention the kid in the back seat leaving a couple wet spots --pee?-- and I had to clean and dry that too.

**** this! And no tip of course! Rot in hell Travis for making this possible!

#9 ·
Min fare with 4 people, Indian food leaking in my trunk stinking my car, forcing me to stop working and go to Walmart to get cleaning supply to restore the car = 2 stars! I think I was generous for a min fare with 4 people that took 25 minutes of my time to complete trip but another 20 minutes to restore my car. Not to mention the kid in the back seat leaving a couple wet spots --pee?-- and I had to clean and dry that too.

**** this! And no tip of course! Rot in hell Travis for making this possible!
Unreal!! That's the pits. Seriously, where do people get off thinking that this is acceptable behaviour. I can imagine what their home is like. Shame we haven't got an "instant blackball" button on the app, immediate gratification.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.