• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Rating Wankers

El Magic man

Received another low rating tonight (2) and I can't understand why as all my rides and riders were pleasant.

If a driver is getting a 3 or less than it should force the rider to write a detailed description.

Look I have a 4.94 rating after 400 rated trips so I shouldn't be too upset, I'm just slightly annoyed and needed to vent to someone/somewhere.

Pen

Their rating system relies entirely on the whims of pax. We have no say.

dougsta

Pax: Driver, you should've turned left back there. You're trying to milk me for an extra 10 cents, aren't you?!!

Me: I don't need 10 cents.... 10 cents just isn't gonna do it for me. I'm following Google maps like you said, and pricing is fixed anyway, so you won't be charged not even 1 cent over. Don't you think I'm trying to look after you here?

Pax: No, I don't think you are trying to look after me at all, you're only trying to look after yourself!

Me: I am very sorry that you feel that way. When I drop you off, please give me a 1 star rating.... Please, I beg you....., because that's the same rating I'm going to give you. And please, feel free to report me to Uber, because I am also reporting you to Uber for being nasty and accusing me of ripping you off by 10 cents.

Pax: (silent after I said that)

No matter how gentlemanly you are, no matter the car you drive, or how pristine it is, or the extras you give, or the best route available, there's always some self-righteous Prada-wearing devil that is impossible to please. It's about 1 in 1000 (give or take).

Krusty

Dear uber driver partner, thankyou for your valued suggestion, your idea for improving your driver experience, along with all the other driver partner contributions we recieved this month, is now being printed out on a roll of paper complete with perforations, and will be hung in the toilet at uber HQ for management evaluation.

Kind regards.

Bat Wolf

Had a lady order an Uber today. Saw she was with a stroller and baby and I said "Ma'am, sorry. No baby seat no ride" and she started yelling at me saying the regulations are the same for Uber and Taxi when it comes to picking up babies. Got me wondering. What are the rules for picking up babies coz I saw her get into another Uber which I'm sure had no baby seat.

nnu

Exemptions from complying with standard child restraint laws Qld (from their web site)
Child restraints are not required on buses, trains or personalised transport services such as taxi, limousine and ride-booking services. A bus is a motor vehicle that can carry 13 or more people (including the driver).
Although child restraints are not required in personalised transport services, if you give enough notice you may be able to pre-book these services with a child restraint. Alternatively you can use your own child restraint.

RoboRider

I don't care what the law is. There are good reasons why infants are supposed to be in an approved child restraint and there is no way I would risk taking one without a restraint. How can it be to risky to do it in one type of vehicle but not another?

Thankfully I am in Melbourne where it isn't legal any way :p

Pooh

I got a 1 on Sat night because of the road closures in Surfers, I rang Uber to see if they would remove it. Got told no.
That was very unfair of UBER. You can't control the road closures. How did you find out why you got the rating? I got my first 4 star rating on Sunday (have been 5 star for 11 months) and I don't know what I did wrong and don't know how to find out. I was quite surprised and annoyed. I am not impressed as all my rides were good over the weekend. The only thing I can think of is maybe I didn't drop or pick them up correctly or didn't talk to them enough maybe. I have a very expensive and classy car and it's clean as a whistle. What else do passengers expect? If we don't know what we did wrong how can we expect to improve our service. How do I find out? It dropped my rating down to 4.99 (I know this is still good). I know I am not always going to please all passengers but surely we have the right to know and view the comments without knowing who they were. I must admit I am not a big fan of ratings, they cause angst, anger and frustration soley because of people's opinions, fair or not.

Do I need to ring UBER and find out why?

Last edited:

Pooh

If you weren’t cynical about people before you started driving for Uber you will after your first few trips with ahole pax’s.
Well I am now peteyvavs! I am fairly new to UBER. Should have known better, but was I was so blinded and proud of my 5 star rating for almost a year. Is there a way of finding out why drivers get a low star rating? Do I have to ring Uber and find out?

I think Uber needs to be very careful with their rating system and deactivating people because of this, it could be seen as unlawful termination of employment in Australia if they don't get all the facts, they may end up in court one day. (but that's not me), just saying. They should be offering to Uber Drivers to contest comments and put their story forward before they rate. How can they just rely on paxs opinions.

Last edited:

Bat Wolf

Well I am now peteyvavs! I am fairly new to UBER. Should have known better, but was I was so blinded and proud of my 5 star rating for almost a year. Is there a way of finding out why drivers get a low star rating? Do I have to ring Uber and find out?

I think Uber needs to be very careful with their rating system and deactivating people because of this, it could be seen as unlawful termination of employment in Australia if they don't get all the facts, they may end up in court one day. (but that's not me), just saying. They should be offering to Uber Drivers to contest comments and put their story forward before they rate. How can they just rely on paxs opinions.
Why are you so bothered by what other people are rating you? Don't revolve your life around strangers who just need you to get them from point A to point B. If you have an emotional reaction to every low rating you get you'll go bald. I'm sure you are just doing Uber for money like everyone else is. Do you really need validation from strangers?

Pooh

Why are you so bothered by what other people are rating you? Don't revolve your life around strangers who just need you to get them from point A to point B. If you have an emotional reaction to every low rating you get you'll go bald. I'm sure you are just doing Uber for money like everyone else is. Do you really need validation from strangers?
Bloody good point Bat Wolf. And no, from now on I don't need validation from strangers but I think if drivers are given a low rating then I for one would like to know why at least. What's the point of having a ratings system.

Wrenn

Bloody good point Bat Wolf. And no, from now on I don't need validation from strangers but I think if drivers are given a low rating then I for one would like to know why at least. What's the point of having a ratings system.
Pooh

I agree ! ,if no reason for a trip less than 5🌟it shouldn’t count,unless the pax has a reason.The rider app prompts them for a reason ,I agree with you 100 % although others see it differently.For curiosity your a 4.99 🌟,over how many trips ?.

Pooh

Pooh

I agree ! ,if no reason for a trip less than 5🌟it shouldn’t count,unless the pax has a reason.The rider app prompts them for a reason ,I agree with you 100 % although others see it differently.For curiosity your a 4.99 🌟,over how many trips ?.
Only 122 rides Wrenn, so I am only fairly new, do it casual on weekends. Gotta run into a self righteous ahole paxs sooner or later hey. It would also be good for UBER to let you know how many people are getting in your car and where they are going before you accept the trip. Taxi drivers know this before they pick them up I am sure.