Rating Uber Stool Paxs

Another Uber Driver

If you do not want Uber Stool, simply do not accept it. Due to the settlement agreement that was the result of lawsuits in California and Massachusetts, Uber does not de-activate drivers for low acceptance rates, any more. If Uber does send you to stand in the Virtual Corner for letting pings expire, just turn on Lyft until your Virtual Corner Time has expired.

Uber Pool is useful if you are trying to jack up your trip count to reach or maintain an incentives quota.

John Highway

If you do not want Uber Stool, simply do not accept it. Due to the settlement agreement that was the result of lawsuits in California and Massachusetts, Uber does not de-activate drivers for low acceptance rates, any more. If Uber does send you to stand in the Virtual Corner for letting pings expire, just turn on Lyft until your Virtual Corner Time has expired.

Uber Pool is useful if you are trying to jack up your trip count to reach or maintain an incentives quota.
My trip count goal is 1. =)

MAK

So if v keep skipping the pool calls our acceptance rate not going down? N Uber can't block us bc our acceptance rate below 4.6??

Another Uber Driver

4,6 is a rating from your passengers. Uber can de-activate you if your rating from your passengers falls below whatever level they tell you. Your acceptance rate is expressed in a per-centage, such as sixty-five per-cent, ninety per-cent and the like. Uber will not de-activate you based on your acceptance rate. It will de-activate you based on a cancellation rate. Customer no-show cancellations count against you.

Another Uber Driver

Customer no-show cancellations counting against your cancelation rate...
Numerous drivers on these Boards have complained about it. One driver even started a topic about his being de-activated for a high cancellation rate. He stated that most of his cancellations were customer no-shows. Several drivers have complained about being sent to stand in the virtual corner because they let one ping expire and had two no-show cancellations.

It has not happened to me, but, considering how many drivers in how many markets have complained about it, I am assuming that there is something to it; ya know, the old where there is the proverbial smoke.....................................

MAK

I guess don't do lots of cancellation though if u don't want to accept then skip? But once you accept then complete the trip?

When you say cancellations do you mean cancellations we do ourselves or does this also include when customers cancel?

I had a few people cancel on me today, does that count against me?

Uberbrethren

When you say cancellations do you mean cancellations we do ourselves or does this also include when customers cancel?

I had a few people cancel on me today, does that count against me?
I believe those do. I have emailed Uber and one guy said pax cancelling counts against ratings and acceptance rates, which is absurd - but who knows if those guys even know what they are typing/cut-pasting.

ubersour

I do not understand the continued references to the CA and MA settlement, since first, the settlement hasn't been approved by the judge (the judge in fact has held up a decision pending further information from the lawyers and parties), and second, the fact just because a settlement agreement in two states does not mean universal applicability in all states. Uber's deactivation policy still lists acceptance rates for temporary deactivation or time out, but not cause for permanent deactivation.