• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Rating scare???

JustAnotherCivic

So my buddy called me kinda scared that he got an email from uber saying he needed to bring his rating up from a 4.5 to a 4.7
Is this normal? We are both relatively new drivers.

Also this is my first post on uberpeople, so greetings to all :smiles:

ericw

It is a common belief that if your rating falls below 4.6, you risk losing access to Uber platform. I have seen it mentioned quite a few times...

Since you're both new driver's I doubt you will lose access so quickly. Reason being is your rating is an average of all your last 500 rides. So if you've only done 50 or less, one rating of 4 or less can really impact your score and they know this. However if you sit there long they may reason you've had time to improve and haven't and cut you out.

I'd recommend to make sure your next few rides are flawless. Be polite, chat them up (if they are open to it), be on-time, ask them how they want to get there, avoid the bumps, etc.

Honestly I normally dont go this over the top myself, but I have a decent number of rides so I don't have to. As long as I'm nice and drive safe my rating is ok from the occasional nitpicky person. However since you started out low you need to make sure that even the nitpicky rider gives you a 5 star for the next little while.

Once you have a 100+ rides and a rating of 4.8+ I wouldn't worry much anymore. All you need to maintain a 4.8+ is just be friendly and drive safe. Nitpicky people will still rate you low, but you have enough 5 stars at that point to balance their low rating out.

Sebikun20

So my buddy called me kinda scared that he got an email from uber saying he needed to bring his rating up from a 4.5 to a 4.7
Is this normal? We are both relatively new drivers.

Also this is my first post on uberpeople, so greetings to all :smiles:
Do you guys drive in the North Park and Hillcrest area? I always get nice people here. I've done some rides in IB and Chula Vista when I'm in the area but mostly get $4 rides
You guys need to do more rides to make your rating average out. 5 helps

Last edited:
My IB rides tend to be low too... Chula Vista and National City have been decent to me, but I don't drive down there often.

Personally Hillcrest, North Park, University Heights always work well for me.

RockinEZ

Like the drivers said, the only way to raise your score is to drive enough trips to average out the score.
Learn the local history. Some PAX want to talk. I give them the history of San Diego if they want it. It appears on my weekly ratings all the time.

I know when my city was founded, and by who.
I know that Alonzo paid 27.5 cents per acre for the 800 acres that is downtown San Diego.
It was the first town in California.
I know which Aircraft Carriers are in San Diego Bay
All the museums, the zoo history etc.
Hell I am a driving tour guide, but only if they seem interested.

If the don't want to talk... STFU and drive.
The attachment is this weeks comments from San Diego Uber.

Attachments

dropdj

Hey Guys...first posting here as well. Been driving for 4 weeks now and dealing with the same issue. As of yesterday, I was at a 4.81 and have been working hard to get my score up. So, here's my question. I did 5 rides yesterday and 1 was a cancel. In my opinion the rides were great, then I check my dashboard this morning and it's showing 4.5 for the last day! Since the dashboard is showing 6 rides (including the cancelled trip), is is possible the cancelled trip is somehow dropping that score?

ericw

I don't think a cancelled trip will count towards your rating. Since you only have 5 valid trips. It is very likely it is 4, 4, 5, 5 and unrated. Or it could be some riders rated some previous trips?