• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Rating on Tipping

Nerka

I saw a "secrets of the Uber drivers" or some such thing that outline their star rating system. In it they said that people who do not tip are rated 4 stars. But with Uber you have to rate immediately and in some cases PAX will rate later in the evening or the next day. Thoughts?

Mista T

Author
Don't know about anyone else, but I rate 99% of my rides under the assumption that they will not be tipping (since that is my experience at least 2/3 of the time). The question I ask myself is very simple: Do I want this person's business again, yes or no?

MedicMan

Don't know about anyone else, but I rate 99% of my rides under the assumption that they will not be tipping (since that is my experience at least 2/3 of the time). The question I ask myself is very simple: Do I want this person's business again, yes or no?
That's the same criteria I use. I very early give less than 5 stars.

Nerka

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
That is mine as well, but some Driver posted a whole bullsh*tty list of "Do this if you want five stars". Frankly, I rarely give less then 5 for the simple reason I don't want to spend the brain thought on it.

Jupito

I don't bother to rate on tipping generally, but I did wish that an Uber ride I recently did had been on Lyft so I could have gone back and given 1 star. Picked these people up downtown and dropped them off at a strip club also in downtown, minimum fare. Guy who ordered the ride gets out, and of course says he'll take care of me in the app. Whatever, I've heard that lie enough times now that I just thank people that say it and get on with life. But one of the other people in the car getting out starts to open their wallet, and the guy who ordered the ride runs up to them and insistently stops them from trying to tip me cash. PAXholes will never stop finding ways to amaze me.

Ridesharecaligirl

Everyone's a 5!!
No. I haven’t given many but sometimes you have to. I’m in LA and I’m moving back to Oregon soon. So one time I had this guy and he was insisting I took him to arrivals at LAX because he foolishly called for the ride an hour before departure and it takes 30 min to get there. It’s a 1k fine to drop off there. He was going off on me. I knew I was getting a 1 Star for absolutely no reason so I rated him the same. So I don’t do that often but when people are that unreasonable I certainly do.
Post automatically merged:

Everyone's a 5!!
By doing that you allow other riders to know based on rating if they even want to pick that person up or at least that they might be a difficult person. Someone like that will absolutely treat another driver the same way.

Nerka

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
No. I haven’t given many but sometimes you have to. I’m in LA and I’m moving back to Oregon soon. So one time I had this guy and he was insisting I took him to arrivals at LAX because he foolishly called for the ride an hour before departure and it takes 30 min to get there. It’s a 1k fine to drop off there. He was going off on me. I knew I was getting a 1 Star for absolutely no reason so I rated him the same. So I don’t do that often but when people are that unreasonable I certainly do.
Post automatically merged:

By doing that you allow other riders to know based on rating if they even want to pick that person up or at least that they might be a difficult person. Someone like that will absolutely treat another driver the same way.
I believe that if you let Lift know they will take that score off your rating since you did what was legal and right.