• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

rating equal shit imho

bobby747

today I took a xl pax rating of 4.30. I was going to cancel. I took. phila to ewr . with a nice tip. maybe guy had 4 rides and horrible avg. rating...they were from scranton pa...I never asked.

SuzeCB

today I took a xl pax rating of 4.30. I was going to cancel. I took. phila to ewr . with a nice tip. maybe guy had 4 rides and horrible avg. rating...they were from scranton pa...I never asked.
You have to know your market...

A low rated pax pickup on a college campus during the day may be fine. The kid may have a low rating from going out on Friday and Saturday nights and getting trashed.

Living close to NYC can be a factor, too. Folks who spend time in the city and use TLC U/L are often rated quite harshly, and often undeservedly.

And some drivers will give one stars to riders for short trips, just so that THEY don't get matched with them again, but then other drivers wonder what's wrong with the pax when there really isn't anything.

The rating system sucks in both directions, IMO.

Nightrider82

You have to know your market...

A low rated pax pickup on a college campus during the day may be fine. The kid may have a low rating from going out on Friday and Saturday nights and getting trashed.

Living close to NYC can be a factor, too. Folks who spend time in the city and use TLC U/L are often rated quite harshly, and often undeservedly.

And some drivers will give one stars to riders for short trips, just so that THEY don't get matched with them again, but then other drivers wonder what's wrong with the pax when there really isn't anything.

The rating system sucks in both directions, IMO.
Agreed its using the info given, area of pick up, time of day and rating. Pick up area is the most important imo and also if the rating ends in a 0 or a 5 could just be too few ratings and one bad one.

bobby747

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
yes....i once had a teen girl going to concert 1.8 rating or so....no drivers could find her..some of my best trips have been low ratings..many never say long trip like this one....someones cancel was my reward..still a low fare. but imho a wed fare its ok..sat no.
new jersey better get used to lack of surges. as you guys are new to it..in philly , we get zip 90% of the time.
and pax wait times are high 10 plus minutes..its the future to seek better jobs

ToughTommy

After seeing 65 cent pickup fee to drive for non shore base poo I can see longer wait times . Oh well pay more than and we would go to pick up people but 65 cents - a big FU to Foober and poo rates

disp350

I dont go by pax ratings either. Too many drivers down-rate just for not tipping and since I dont agree with it, I have taken as low as a 3.67 and did not have an issue at all.

794F9269-144C-4CE2-86A7-059B5E6E0687.jpeg

ZepFan

Just turned down a 4.20 that was probably Paterson bound. Sometimes, yes, ratings mean squat; but they're all we have to go by. And I'd say, more often than not, there's a good reason for the lower ones. My cut-off point lately has been 4.70.

filldebasket

Passenger ratings have been useless for sometime. Way to many drivers giving 1 Star just because they can.