Rating drops - riders are hard to be understood

laoye

In the past two weeks, all my riders looked normal. We were very friendly to one another, there had been no alterations, no arguements, no sudden breaks, no dangerous drivings, no route errors, I always had a good attitude, no rider looked abnormal.
Although I never care too much about their ratings, I don't know why my rating dropped by 0.04 in these two weeks. It is too hard to understand what the riders are doing and thinking.

David Pearsall

Do What I do, tell them before they get out of your vehicle that they're getting 5 stars. They will respond 9 times out 10 I will give you 5 stars as well. My ratings went up since New Years 9 points. 5 points in the last 6 weeks. Nothing but 5 stars.

I was 4.69 after ratings dropped after new years. My ratings jumped 2 points last night and now I'm 4.78. I'm very thankful for the riders that appreciate our services.

Last edited:

laoye

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Do What I do, tell them before they get out of your vehicle that they're getting 5 stars. They will respond 9 times out 10 I will give you 5 stars as well. My ratings went up since New Years 9 points. 5 points in the last 6 weeks. Nothing but 5 stars.
Thanks for the advice, will do as what you say.

Campark

Personally think if you cant maintain a 4.7 plus without telling people to give you 5 stars your doing something wrong. I never say anything star wise. 4.81.

Do you keep your car clean? Dont worry about rider feedback as i believe there is a prob there atm.

ShawnYYZ

I had great reviews as well as all 5 star ratings. For some reason last two weeks my ratings dropped as well.
Until the last two weeks I went from 4 ratings that weren't 5 star to 19...
As a rider they have the option to choose what was most enjoyable about the ride.
My car is always so clean. But it says my issue is cleanliness but I have no reports.

Attachments

David Pearsall

Personally think if you cant maintain a 4.7 plus without telling people to give you 5 stars your doing something wrong. I never say anything star wise. 4.81.

Do you keep your car clean? Dont worry about rider feedback as i believe there is a prob there atm.
I never ask for 5 stars. I simply tell them what Im giving them. It works. My car is always clean and smelling good.

Uberweekenddude

Their not normal, if it surges you get a bad rating. If you look at them, you get a bad rating, if they ask to stop at McDonald's or any pit stop and you say no, you get a bad rating.
For example; a college student going 11 km's which in no traffic takes 11 to 12 minutes asked to stop at McDonald's 3 minutes from her dorm apartment. I said I really do not stop, but ok be quick, well 13 minutes later she comes out and I made a whole $9.00 for a 26 minute trip and then she gave me a poor rating. But I can tell when they will do that, so I gave her a 2

The good thing is I have over 800 rides to date, my rating is 4.78% and even a 2 rating will not hurt me.

I feel for Select and Uber Black as their rating really can hurt them and have their accounts deactivated by cry baby PAX

Retox

Their not normal, if it surges you get a bad rating. If you look at them, you get a bad rating, if they ask to stop at McDonald's or any pit stop and you say no, you get a bad rating.
For example; a college student going 11 km's which in no traffic takes 11 to 12 minutes asked to stop at McDonald's 3 minutes from her dorm apartment. I said I really do not stop, but ok be quick, well 13 minutes later she comes out and I made a whole $9.00 for a 26 minute trip and then she gave me a poor rating. But I can tell when they will do that, so I gave her a 2

The good thing is I have over 800 rides to date, my rating is 4.78% and even a 2 rating will not hurt me.

I feel for Select and Uber Black as their rating really can hurt them and have their accounts deactivated by cry baby PAX
Why in the world didn't you leave her there after 5 minutes? She clearly doesn't care about you & your time, why are you waiting for her for 13 minutes for that $8 fare?? I'd get it if she was going 1hr+ away but not for $8. These people need to learn that asking a driver to stop my mcdonalds and wait for them for 13 minutes is far from OK, If you left she's still give you a bad rating but maybe she'd actually think twice next time, since you waited, she's absolutely gonna do the exactly same thing to the next driver. And a 2 star? You are too nice.

Retox

And on the topic, drops like that happen. It's just a bad run with pax. I've had a 0.05 drop recently with no change whatsoever about the way I do things or my vehicle. Just unlucky. Slowly climbing back now.

Harry70

When ever my rating goes down or up mostly i know what I did wrong: avoid one star when u r in a bad mood beacause of the stupid rider : my range 4.87 to 4.55 ; I have seen it all; u hit 4.7 than start builting it up

Karem

It's usually the women who will screw you over with rating. Nothing you can do about it.

Uberweekenddude

Why in the world didn't you leave her there after 5 minutes? She clearly doesn't care about you & your time, why are you waiting for her for 13 minutes for that $8 fare?? I'd get it if she was going 1hr+ away but not for $8. These people need to learn that asking a driver to stop my mcdonalds and wait for them for 13 minutes is far from OK, If you left she's still give you a bad rating but maybe she'd actually think twice next time, since you waited, she's absolutely gonna do the exactly same thing to the next driver. And a 2 star? You are too nice.
Well she was smart, she left her nap sake in the back seat. I will smarten up, some times I am too kind lol
I did one time have the same fare, and they asked for Mcdees but they also said we will tip you. So a $10 dollar tip was good for a similar ride

Salman

You will see ratings dropping down for the next few weeks because fares went up. Since the booking fee went up by $1 my rating is creeping down slowly. Most riders give rate based on the fare rather than evaluating the ride.

Manhoos

Most of my rides complement mycar condition and good scent but for some strange unknown reason my rating going south rapidly.
No report on driver app but taking big hit on rating since last 3/4 months.

I suspect any $50+ ride negatively impact my rating..

uberpoolfool

There's one night where I made so much in tips and my rating dropped like crazy? Someone has to wonder, whats the point of tipping and giving bad rating..