1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Rating dropped!

Discussion in 'Complaints' started by Ubergirlzz, Dec 31, 2016.

1. Shangsta

Shangsta Well-Known Member

If you are driving a 45k car you are a fool for not opting out of pool. If you drive select you can get out of pool the first email

2. freddieman

freddieman Well-Known Member

u have been driving for 3 months but u sound like u just started.

Andre Benjamin 6000 likes this.
  3. UsedToBeAPartner

UsedToBeAPartner Well-Known Member

A seasoned driver is one that completely understands that they have been scammed by Uber. Once you understand that you either quit or get over it. Uber is hoping you get over it as you are so desperate to make the dream come true that you will do anything to keep from admitting that you are a failure. Uber says you will make millions but you can't make thousands so you think you are a failure. It's a fantastic ponzi scheme where you are promised great rewards, you are giving these rewards during the honeymoon period and then they are ripped away making it look like YOU failed and you are just going to need to work harder.
    Once you resign yourself to the fact that Uber is a $10/hour job it's a lot easier to get up and go to work.

iUBERdc and Andre Benjamin 6000 like this.
  4. AuxCordBoston

AuxCordBoston Well-Known Member

Doyle Hargraves said to just ping yourself. See attached!

Attached Files:

5. hanrahan01

hanrahan01 New Member

Driving:
    Taxi
    Maybe the Millenials you drove around didn't like your free offerings and preferred Grey Poupon for their next to nothing ride. Uber created a class of people who want everything for as close to free as u can get. What really bugs be the most is the waitresses and bartenders who feel they don't have to tip anymore because of Uber/Lyft. I keep a running log of those people so I can go to their establishment and have them serve me and then leave without tipping.

6. Ubergirlzz

Ubergirlzz Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Right - isn't that something. You would think they would be more empathetic to folks like us in the service industry. Guess not.

Sgt_PaxHauler likes this.
  7. Ubergirlzz

Driving:
    UberX
    I don't drive everyday -- just weekends mostly. This is my second job.

8. Ubergirlzz

Driving:
    UberX
    Oh, the honeymoon phase is definitely over.... My rating is now at 4.87 and holding, for now. I ope that's good because I don't want to be deactivated.

9. HotRodriguez75

HotRodriguez75 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Don't worry about the ratings. I went sub 4.8 at about 3 months and have been a steady 4.87 for the past year. Uber will not deactivate you unless you are a compulsive canceler, do something crazy with your passengers, or your ratings fall well below 4.67.

My strategy with ratings since I drive the 2am crowd is that I drive a little during the week to balance out my ratings.

Ubergirlzz likes this.
  10. iUBERdc

iUBERdc Active Member

There should be 3 rating prompts per trip: for the driver, for the traffic and for the price. That would stop the downrating due to the biggest two issues outside the drivers' control.

Sgt_PaxHauler, Trafficat and Shangsta like this.
  11. steveK2016

steveK2016 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Good point, it sucks that Drivers get rated for pricing, or anything else out of Uber's control.

I think 5 star system should be removed. It should just be "Would you take this ride again?" Yes or No. Enough Nos and you get deactivated. There should be nothing subjective about the rating. A driver should not be at risk of being deactivated because they got a 4 star because of surge pricing, or 3 star because they didn't have water.

Either you'd take that ride again or you wouldn't. You are also deactivated from receiving that driver again automatically if you hit no. It should just be black and white, yes or no.

Sgt_PaxHauler, Trafficat, A T and 2 others like this.
  12. A T

A T Well-Known Member

It would be the right thing to do but we know uber won't do it.

Ubergirl go out and make as much money as you can.

Remember at the end of the day your the boss. Its your ride.

iUBERdc likes this.
  13. UsedToBeAPartner

I do wish Uber would put something in place where a rider who rates the driver low or the driver rates the rider low would never see each other again. There is a reason these 2 folks don't get along and if they meet up again it's not going to be good for anyone (including Uber). Set it up so that any rating of 2 stars or less will ensure these 2 souls never meet again. I thought it was that way but I was told that this was a Lyft policy and rating a passenger low on Uber will not prevent you from getting stuck with them again.

14. iUBERdc

iUBERdc Active Member

Does it benefit Travis to have people unmatched?

15. Ubergirlzz

Driving:
    UberX
    Good strategy. I do the same and it works. Also, try to stay away from "college towns" - they are the worst.

16. Ubergirlzz

Driving:
    UberX
    Lyft does that. If you rate your passenger a 3 or below, you will not be matched up again. I rarely drive Lyft anymore. I used to a lot, but now just stick to Uber (FUBAR).

17. UsedToBeAPartner

I know. That's why I mentioned Lyft's policy! I would really LOVE not seeing some of my riders again in the future.

Ubergirlzz likes this.
  18. Shangsta

Shangsta Well-Known Member

Wait one post you said you were a new driver now you say you just stick to Uber. Just signed up on the 31st with a new profile and a fake pic. Sweet another troll

19. Ubergirlzz

Driving:
    UberX
    Excuse me? I'm not a troll, I'm for real. I signed up for Uber AND Lyft at the same time. I used both, and I prefer Uber to Lyft. I've been driving for Uber for just over three months.

20. Ubergirlzz

Driving:
    UberX
    Yes, I feel your pain!