1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Rating dropped!

Discussion in 'Complaints' started by Ubergirlzz, Dec 31, 2016.

1. Ubergirlzz

Ubergirlzz Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Interesting....good to know. I guess there is a psychology behind it if you're too nice, people don't respect you. Or something like that.

2. SurgeWarrior

SurgeWarrior Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    you need to offer free kittens and puppies..now stop worrying about such nonsense and focus on the money!

3. Nice_Guy

Nice_Guy Active Member

How do you know if a ride is a pool or not. I only drive uberX here in Dallas and there is no way of knowing if its a shared ride? Please please share!

4. iUBERdc

iUBERdc Active Member

Should have cancelled the moment you saw it was pool. I try to be very careful with my cancels so I have them in my back pocket ready to use when necessary.

Shangsta likes this.
  5. Oscar Levant

Oscar Levant Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSUV
    when you get a ping, on the ping screen, at the very bottom next to the rider's rating, it states "uberpool" or "uberx".

iUBERdc likes this.

6. WestSubDriver

WestSubDriver Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Anyone else notice a drop in their overall rating after the rider app update just before Thanksgiving that removed the prompt for riders to rate their trip immediately after it is completed? My long-term trend was that 70+% of riders gave me a rating. That has dropped to 40% since the app update. With less trips being rated, fewer 5 stars to offset those 4 stars and occasional 3 star. Already lodged my useless and futile complaint with Uber.

7. AuxCordBoston

AuxCordBoston Well-Known Member

Yup! 26 trips in one day. Received 5 five star ratings and 21 did not rate me.

8. Strange Fruit

Strange Fruit Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    There is alsos less occasional 3 and 4 stars to offset the 5 stars. Maybe you had 60 5s, and 10 3 &4s. Now you get 20 5s and three 3&4s. Just cuz less people overall rate you doesn't mean the average will change. Mine went up two points the first month or so. Then it went back to where it was. Typical behavior. It's been about the same rating for 2.9 years.

iUBERdc likes this.
  9. ram nath

ram nath Active Member

you kidding? why on Earth you should be offering to these cheap pricks. do not offer anything? and always retaliate, if u feel like some pax gonna rate you low, hit them with 1 star. My rating used to be range of 4.82-4.84 and i used to be super nice as i was too worried about my rating. since past 6 months i dont care about rating and i just say hi to my pax and somehow my rating has been steady 4.92-4.94. and I dont even give 5 star to everbody anymore. and other important thing is "BIG" no to uberpool and you will thank me later

10. AuxCordBoston

AuxCordBoston Well-Known Member

Why do you think your rating went up besides no uber pool?

11. steveK2016

steveK2016 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    But it's a known fact that those that wish to complain will find ways to complain. Just because you go from 20 rated to 10 rated does not mean that the ratio for good to bad ratings will also scale down.

Chances are, the 10 that you normally would get were all the 5 stars that rated 5 out of habit. The remaining 10 are the ones that want to rate, usually because they want to rate you less than a 5 star.

If it's more difficult to rate, then only those committed to rating will rate... more often then not, those committed to rating are doing so because they were not satisfied....

12. Strange Fruit

Driving:
    UberX
    That's the prevailing theory, and I reasoned it for myself too. It's pretty basic, but sometimes what seems obvious isn't what actually happens cuz with human behavior there are other little non obvious affects. But mine started going up as soon as it began. Probably a coincidence. I didn't even know about it until I looked back at the weekly ratings to see the sudden lower number of rating. The percentage of 5 stars is about the same as always though, and it ended up going back down. I get little ups then downs now & then. I'm moody so it's not surprising. I've done experiments where all I do is try to be super friendly, which wears me out cuz I don't sincerely care about being personable over & over & oever again for 10 minute relationships. But I've tried it for a month or so and raised my rating 5 points. So I think it's more my mood.

I think the flaw in this theory is that those who want to rate low will also do it right away. Unless you really piss someone off, I doubt they're going to go through the effort to try to rate you without being prompted. What you say about 5 starrers is the same for lower raters. And if I were like OP, I'd have started a thread a month after the change and asked "has anyone's rating gone up since the change" cuz mine went up. Probably a coincidence.

13. steveK2016

steveK2016 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    i mean, technically, my rating went up, but i'm an awesome driver so that's no surprise....

:cool:

But my rated trips have gone down significantly... by more than half. I used to be one of those people that got 80% rated trips. After app update, barely 30%

14. Strange Fruit

Driving:
    UberX
    Right, but the average 5 star didn't go down is all I'm saying. There is some logic to support that it may, but it hasn't for everybody. Or even a significant number. Anyone doing this for a few years now, knows yr rating can fluctuate a bit by chance, or like me, with moods. But just because less overall rate you, doesn't mean yr rating goes down.

However, there is a significant number of Uber drivers who reflexively think any change made by Uber is bad for them. I have a feeling that's going on now.

Except, above I said it was the OP. I forgot that wasn't the original thread. It's just a following post. We discussed it in SF forum though, when I asked if anyone noticed their overall rating # crashing. They explained about the new pax app. No one has reported lower ratings. But we reasoned out the same theory. It just didn't end up being true.

15. Strange Fruit

Driving:
    UberX
    And you must have been less awesome before, if it went up.:p

16. Strange Fruit

Driving:
    UberX
    some have speculated that people wake up after taking a surge ride the night before. They see the price of their last ride and decide to rate low then. That scenario has also been eliminated. That's one for the positive side. There are probably lots of these sorts of differences that all even out to leaving us with about the same rating. Either way, who cares if it's system wide. If we all go down 3 points then it's all the same. If you were already almost 4.6, then Idk. Maybe Uber would notice the change and lower the bar to 4.57. I get real geeky about ratings. Which is funny cuz I never worried about mine. Not cuz it's great, it's 4.8-4.85, but usually about .81-.82. It's just like a social experiment game to me.

17. ram nath

ram nath Active Member

honestly i do not have a straight answer. actually i dont do late night anymore; that probably helped the rating too.

18. FuberNYC

FuberNYC Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberXL
    Well, got a job interview tomorrow morning, wish me luck guys lol

babaganoosh and iUBERdc like this.
  19. Andre Benjamin 6000

Andre Benjamin 6000 Well-Known Member

Uber uses it every time this guy turns his app on...:p

#nojelly

babaganoosh likes this.
  20. HotRodriguez75

HotRodriguez75 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    I read the OP's post and she is entering stage 2 of Ubering. The honeymoon is over.

If your rating continually drops and goes below 4.67, you really have something to worry about.