1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Rating dropped!

Discussion in 'Complaints' started by Ubergirlzz, Dec 31, 2016.

1. Texas4life577

Texas4life577 Active Member

Don't worry about your ratings. I had the same issues as you when I first started. I took pride in that my rating was 4.9 or higher for the first 150 trips. But then the law of averages started to eat away at my ratings and nerves. It drop in three weeks from 4.93 to 4.85. The worst part was I could not find any reason I was given low scores for those three weeks. I went over and over on each trip but could not justify any reason for the low ratings. Now fast forward to the present. Over 950 rides and a 4.88 rating. If you are providing great service in a professional and timely manner everything will work itself out. Also dont worry about those annoying emails threatened to diactivate you for high cancellations or not accepting request. We all get them and unless you are abusing the system you will be fine. I also starting today to drive full time to see how much money I can earn. My goal is $500 . Good luck on the New Year!

Ubergirlzz likes this.
  2. Eggroll

Eggroll Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    If you have Netflix, watch season 3, episode 1(Nosedive)of Black Mirror. It deals with society and ratings.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2017
  3. Toonces-the-cat

Toonces-the-cat Well-Known Member

We have all been there. We obsess about pax ratings. We take it personally. My rating went down, I am a bad person. I am less than perfect. Who does the ratings benefit anyway? What purpose do they serve? Last New Year's eve weekend, my ratings took a beating. Concerned, I wrote to the support team asking why? Was it because I asked the pax to not open the bottle of vodka in my car? Was it from the pax who called to tell me he left a pound of coke in my car? Was it because the surge was 8X base rates?

"You see, you can't please everyone, so you got to please yourself." — JOHN FOGERTY

The sooner you let go of the power of the ratings, the sooner you will find happiness behind the wheel and drive yourself to a new job.

iUBERdc, Ubergirlzz and Eggroll like this.
  4. Toonces-the-cat

Toonces-the-cat Well-Known Member

Stop spending your money on mints, water and anything to offer pax. Uber sells new drivers that load of BS. I fell for it did it help my ratings? No. Even when I spent my time and money to offer water, my rating would still go down.

I don't offer water or gum or mints. I offer a clean car and a safe ride. Furthermore, I don't allow eating or drinking in my car. I do not want to clean up their mess.

5. JimS

JimS Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    4.90 with no freebies. Oh, except candy canes during Christmas. And actually my rating dropped from 4.91.

iUBERdc likes this.

6. t5contra

t5contra Well-Known Member

My favorite comment on UP so far!!!

My rating took a dive from 4.91-4.87 during the NYE surge craze. People are salty about paying extra money

iUBERdc likes this.
  7. steveK2016

steveK2016 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Season 3, Episode 1.

Andre Benjamin 6000 and Eggroll like this.
  8. Oscar Levant

Oscar Levant Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX

worrying about the rating is a losing battle, you need to get over this asap. Besides, 4.86 is very good, be proud. Some people are just going to give you 4 stars, no matter what. Mine is 4.77 and I dont' even give it a second thought.

And to the guys who said to stop giving away things for free, and your ratings will go up, and found that to be absolutely correct. I used to give stuff away, and my rating sunk to 4.63, and I got a message from Uber about teh rating, to watch a video, which only gave teh WRONG advice. I QUIT opening doors, I STOPPEd giving away mints, and water, and slowly my rating is now up to 4.77 and climbing. The only time I help the passenger, if it's an elderly person, and loading bagging to my trunk. That's to be expected of taxi drivers, and thats' all I do, as well.

Go figure, but it's the truth.

I think I figured out the psychology on this, people don't like overly *obsequious servers, waiters, cabbies, etc ( *arse-kisser ).

9. Andre Benjamin 6000

Andre Benjamin 6000 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

10. Citronbull

Citronbull Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    I have a 4.94 rating. The only thing I give is my smelly fart if they fall asleep in the car.

11. senorCRV

senorCRV Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    LYFT is absolutely nasty with this crap, fortunately UBER isn't anywhere near as bad.

I got an email from LYFT saying my rating so low I was in danger of being deactivated.

It's a 4.6

Let's be honest here... Doing a little math if my worst score was a 4* that means at least 56% of my rides rated me 5* perfect.

If one person either by accident or because they suck at life gave me a 1*, that means at least 67% think I was perfect.

That's low averages assuming every passenger rated the ride. That's also assuming they are rating ME for what I did and not LYFT for sending me a half hour away.

I'll be honest, riders are not that aware of how these things work and before I was a driver I'd probably have thrown a 3-4 star rating if I had to wait a half hour for a ride. Not because I want to hurt the driver, but because I'm assuming I'm rating the experience and not just the driver.

12. Oscar Levant

Oscar Levant Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX

One of the all time funniest bits on Seinfeld.

Andre Benjamin 6000 likes this.
  13. FuberNYC

FuberNYC Well-Known Member

Stay away from fuber stool if you care about your ratings. Pool with 3 riders = 3 X 1 star and yes, that will hurt your ratings badly.
    These cheap bastards order pool and expect black/select/suv service. 9 out of 10 will complain about the gps route, like that is our fault or choice.
    I have water and candies/chocolate readily available and only these F*^*S takes them, they'll just dig their filthy hands deep inside the candy box and grab a hand full, pop open a bottle of water for 1 sip and leave in your back seat.
    I'd worked really hard to bring my ratings back up to 4.94 and last week I'd accepted pool by mistake, my app was not showing the type of ride and ended up getting 3 PAX that would not stop *****ing about the GPS and how they are getting screwed saying their cheap $3 dollars ride is now going to cost them over $10. My ratings dropped to 4.90 the next day:mad:
    I got so PO after hearing that I almost kicked her out of my car, I was like how dare you complain about something like that, do you know how much uber takes from that miserable $3??? A F%&*ng 35% so I am driving your ass home for $2 on a brand new $45k car with panorama sunroof and heated leather seats SMFH

14. Trafficat

Trafficat Well-Known Member

I'm glad there is no Uber Pool here yet. I give away free crap and my rating is only 4.73. It is kinda sad when you drive 10 miles to transport a guy 2 blocks for $2.47, he takes a bottle of water, and you watch your rating go down from 4.74 to 4.73 right afterwards. I also like the guys who take the whole candy bag and still don't give 5 stars.

15. Andre Benjamin 6000

Did he atleast give you a couple of badges? Sounds like you should've gotten a "great amenities" badge or something along those lines.

16. Trafficat

Trafficat Well-Known Member

I've never got a great amenities badge, even though I offer all of my riders aux cable, phone chargers, toothpicks, hand-sanitizer, water, tissues, candy, gum, and earplugs. I'm thinking of handing out cheap sunglasses soon for daylight trips longer than ten miles. Maybe then I can get a "great amenities" badge. I once ran out of water and a rider asked for a bottle and I said sorry I was out and he said he thought we were required to carry water bottles. I said that wasn't true. He asked if Uber paid for them and I told him no, and that some drivers just provide it as a courtesy for riders.

I've had someone take the whole bag of candy 3 times. Once they just took it without saying anything, another time the rider said "thanks for candy gift bag" or something like that as they walked out with the whole bag. No 5 stars for from either of them, no badges, no tip.

The last time someone took the whole bag though, I was pleased with the overall trip.

On New Years day close to sunrise I had a pair of mighty fine looking lasses in my car though towards the end of my day who were eating a lot of candy on the way and they actually asked me if they could take the whole bag and said please. So I said, "Sure go ahead." I'm not sure it was the rational part of my brain that was doing the thinking, but it actually turned out pretty good. I got a $10 tip (which more than covers the bag) AND a 5 star rating from them. (Still no badges though! But I guess I don't need no stinkin' badges, right?)

iUBERdc likes this.
  17. Strange Fruit

Strange Fruit Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Is this girl new to humanity? "i did everything right, but still some people were unfair to me." Really? And then she wishes instant retribution by rating them back, and the vicious cycle continues. #ihatemyspecies

18. Andre Benjamin 6000

Lol. I know right something is odd here...

19. mindthelines

mindthelines Member

Driving:
    UberXL
    I keep a nice clean interior.

You can have anything you can see. Which is nothing.

20. Ubergirlzz

Ubergirlzz Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX