1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Rating dropped!

Discussion in 'Complaints' started by Ubergirlzz, Dec 31, 2016.

1. Digip

Digip Member

Driving:
    UberX
    This ain't kindergarten, we don't work for gold stars... You spent 7 hours of your time and vehicle costs to gross 80 bucks, sounds like it ain't worth it in your area.

2. Andre Benjamin 6000

Andre Benjamin 6000 Well-Known Member

Negative!

babaganoosh likes this.
  3. Ubergirlzz

Ubergirlzz Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Haha... I do wear a wedding ring, doesn't matter. One dude asked me to go have a drink with him, I told him I was married, and he said "well, your husband doesn't have to know!" o_O

4. iUBERdc

iUBERdc Well-Known Member

Ratings drop on weekend nights for two reasons: riders taking revenge for surges on your ratings and riders pissed that you don't cater to their sometimes illegal requests (to stuff too many people in your little car, to pick them up in a god awful dangerous spot that is convenient only to them or to let them have open alcohol drinks.) Just can't help rating dips during weekend nights, it's part of the territory.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2017
  5. iUBERdc

Lmao! Her profit margins must be pennies to the dollar!

6. Ubergirlzz

Ubergirlzz Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    It was a slow night... usually I make about $150 in a night in the LA area.

7. uberdriverfornow

uberdriverfornow Well-Known Member

Unless you want to buy your rating by offering free items to your customers your rating is going to fluctuate anywhere from 4.80 to 4.87 on a regular basis. Just keep doing a good job and you will be fine. You are nowhere near being afraid of being deactivated.

Xlady and iUBERdc like this.
  8. senorCRV

senorCRV Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    I did that crap for like 2 days... Noone took the water except one hoodrat who took all my bottled water and tried to take my cooler too.

9. iUBERdc

Wtf, we carry some interesting swamp creatures in our cars

10. iUBERdc

Do you 1 star these guys and report them to Uber?

11. Dowblab

Dowblab Member

Where's the gloryhole?

12. Dowblab

Dowblab Member

Ratings matter, especially when you try and sell that high mileage car...

"Do you have service records?"

"No, but take a look at my rating."

MoreTips, Graham_DC, Xlady and 3 others like this.
  13. Eggroll

Eggroll Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Don't worry about ratings. Ratings don't mean crap!!! A 5.0 driver gets paid the same as a 4.6 driver. It's actually a disadvantage. Uber tries to pair VIP pax to high rated drivers. Even though there are closer drivers, they expect you to drive farther to pick up the VIP. Uber doesn't care about you. I have a 4.88. I'm polite and professional. I don't give extras. Uber doesn't pay well enough for that. Been doing this almost 2 years. If they don't tip, I give 4 stars. If I Uber full time in Atlanta, I can make over $1,000 a week. Work mornings during the week, UberEats during lunch, and you have to work the drunk shift Fri and Sat nights. Add Lyft. Run both. I do 10-15 Uber's to 1 Lyft. Lyft helps fill the gaps. If I have requests from both, I cancel the Uber. Lyft pays more and tipping is part of the app. Don't drive more than 10 minutes to pick anyone up. Waste of time. Uberpool: I show up, I wait 2 minutes, I cancel and leave. No call. Pool will kill your hourly income and they tend to leave poorer ratings. Also screenshot any promo you are trying to achieve, so you have proof when you have to argue for it. Hope these tips help.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2017
  14. iUBERdc

One false accusation by a disgruntled passenger and you are finished

15. iUBERdc

You said it perfectly. These passengers are animals and we drivers have to act and protect ourselves like we're transporting animals that can lash out at any moment.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2017
  16. A T

A T Well-Known Member

Yes that to. Uber is pro customer not pro driver that's for sure.

17. A T

A T Well-Known Member

Don't worry guys those really cool uber badges will fix everything. Not!

senorCRV and iUBERdc like this.
  18. THE MAN!

THE MAN! Well-Known Member

Don't know how many times I've read this thread? Don't sweat it!! Your ratings get you nothing!! And don't give anything else but a safe ride!!

19. steveK2016

steveK2016 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
  20. DelaJoe

DelaJoe Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    In the past, my ratings always took a hit during surge. Pax didn't realize that $30 Uber just cost them $120 until they exit the car and get the invoice on their phone with a picture of my sweet face. Immediate 1-star. Now, with the new Uber app, the customer gets an upfront cost estimate including the surge amount. So on NYE I didn't get any low ratings. I think everyone that drives a lot of surge will now see their ratings slowly go up.