1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Rating dropped!

Discussion in 'Complaints' started by Ubergirlzz, Dec 31, 2016.

1. Ubergirlzz

Ubergirlzz Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Last night, in the rain, I decided to drive the LA area and worked from 5 pm to 12 midnight (only taking one break). I had a total of 11 trips completed. Well, this morning, I checked my rating, and it dropped from 4.9 to 4.86! Needless to say, I'm pissed off because in my view, I did everything correctly and there was no reason for anyone to give me less than 5 stars. How do I find out who gave me less than 5 stars? Because I want to re-pay them in kind. I give all my pax 5 stars (even those who don't tip). As long as they're courteous and respectful to me as a driver, I give 5 stars.

When I started last night, I had 136 5-star trips, and this morning, it's at 142 5-star trips, so 6 people rated me 5 stars out of the 11 trips.

Mind you, while driving in the rain last night, I receive zero tips. And my net pay was $80 for 7 hours. When you take into consideration gas, I'm making less than min. wage. No mind, I always am very professional, I always greet the pax and am very friendly. Not overly chatty, unless they want to be (and I can usually tell). And as we all know, Uber can be difficult at best, with rude pax and never knowing where you're going to end up. The worst are the 3-mile drives (ugh). The most annoying thing to me are smelly passengers, rude passengers who get in your car and start talking to each other in foreign language, drunk passengers who hit on you, etc. You all know what I'm talking about. Then there's the typical "how long have you been driving?" and "is this your only job?" and "what is your longest Uber ride request?" But I manage to suffer through and keep a good attitude.

I guess I'm trying to wrap my head around the fact that I'm rated less than 5 stars for providing a good service (with a smile), and always having a clean, non-smelly car, mints, phone chargers, good music. And yet I am being rated less than 5 stars? WTF? Is this just par for the course?

I'm concerned because if my ratings keep dropping, Uber will deactivate. Maybe I should just concentrate on the Orange County area. The people there seem more classy and nicer.

2. theamp18

theamp18 Member

I'm just going to watch this thread....should be fun

3. Zalltime

Zalltime Active Member

Noob. You'll learn with experience ratings you cannot control it is all luck.

4. DollarStoreChauffeur

DollarStoreChauffeur Well-Known Member

Who told you you should offer these things?

5. Ubergirlzz

Driving:
    UberX
    No one told me, I read that you should offer these things to your passengers as a courtesy.

Kembolicous likes this.

6. Ubergirlzz

Driving:
    UberX
    I've been driving about 3 months now. What qualifies me as a seasoned driver?

Kembolicous, Xlady and tohunt4me like this.
  7. Zalltime

Zalltime Active Member

You drive now when everyone out of school or on vacation is causing the driver pool to be over saturated. You are part time?

Kembolicous and iUBERdc like this.
  8. DollarStoreChauffeur

DollarStoreChauffeur Well-Known Member

Where did you read that?

9. Ubergirlzz

Driving:
    UberX
    Yes, part-time, but possibly going to go full-time. Sometime in January, I'd like to conduct an Uber experiment. I'm going to treat Uber like a 9 to 5 job, however, I'm only going to work at night (since I'm more of a night person). I'm going to work 8-9 hours per day, five days per week, and see how much money I make. Just curious. I'm wondering if I could pull at least $500 a week.

Kembolicous likes this.
  10. Ubergirlzz

Driving:
    UberX
    I think it was on an Uber-related website. Offering tips for noobs like me :(

Kembolicous, Xlady and grams777 like this.
  11. DelaJoe

DelaJoe Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    my rating went from 4.78 to 4.80 with 2 5-star ratings last night. Once you have 500 trips, Uber uses the last 500 trips to calculate your rating. So once you have some 1's and 2's in your 500 trips it does take a while for them to get out. Mine went out last night and it move me up 2 100ths. It is kind of hard to avoid 1-star ratings. Sometimes you do something to tick off a pax, sometimes the pax is in a bad mood, sometimes they rate you a 1 by accident....you should be happy with your 4.86...I have never had my rating that high and have been driving for almost 2 years.

BTW from 4.86 to 4.94 the PAX only sees 4.9 on the screen. Uber only shows tenths of a point to the PAX. Once you fall down to 4.84, you will be a 4.8 like myself...again nothing wrong with that.

Sometimes I fart in the car but I open the windows and air it out. I try to keep the car clean but the pax can't really tell at night time. Some appreciate a nice conversation or give them information about local events. I have heated leather seats and they love that on cold nights.

Don't worry about getting kicked off...you have to drop below a 4.6....that won't happen. You will probably settle into a 4.8 when its all said and done and that is a good place to live...somewhere between 4.76 and 4.84......

Last edited: Dec 31, 2016
  12. Ubergirlzz

Driving:
    UberX
    Thank you for the info - that was helpful. I guess I should quit stressing over ratings.

13. Shangsta

Shangsta Well-Known Member

You are nowhere close to being deactivated so why do you care?

The rating system is perfect for people who crave facebook likes. It makes you feel warm and fuzzy.

Worry more about how much money you make than your ratings.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2017
  14. AuxCordBoston

AuxCordBoston Well-Known Member

Just tell your pax that you have left overs from thanksgiving in your trunk if they are hungry.

15. Dowblab

Dowblab Member

You didn't mention the complimentary food rub and shiatsu?!?!? Well there's your reason..

There's a lot of hate out there and a host of variables as to why your rating dropped.

If you did everything professionally and got pax from A to B that's all that matters. Don't sweat it.

Pick/ drop off in a safe area and go on your way.

I stopped stressing about ratings as someone mentioned it's all luck.

As far as offerings... LMAO.

I have chargers (don't offer) and a nice kick to the face if they want anymore.

You're getting a $5/ride and if you want more you should see what yellow cab has to "offer."

16. unPat

unPat Well-Known Member

I don't think you are doing that bad . Maybe one of your Yelp passengers rate you 3 or 4 stars. If it was couple of 1 star it would drop very low . Maybe 4.7 or like that .
    Don't worry about your ratings unless you go 4.69 or below.

Kembolicous, iUBERdc and Ubergirlzz like this.
  17. 105398

105398 Well-Known Member

I've maintained a 4.9x rating since May - simply by offering the following:

Clean car, comfortable ride.
    Solid navigation - Which includes knowing your city, short cuts, how to avoid trouble spots, not just blindly following GPS.
    My pandora plays chill, trip hop, moderate tempo music. NPR in the morning/evening commute - unless it's a very graphic topic, in which case the former goes on.
    Good conversation - being able to chat about a variety of topics (your city, their city, random topics, restaurants/places you like/things to do for visitors) and, knowing when a rider prefers some quiet time as well.
    A professional, polite, and confident attitude.

I do offer Kirkland's finest bottled water, since it's 13 cents a bottle, and I keep it in my SUV for myself anyway (hiking/commute/road trips, etc.)

I don't pick up anyone under 4.5, and no one under 4.75 late night. I also know what places to NOT accept pings from (certain clubs, bars, intersections, etc)

All those win out to mints, chargers, aux cables, radio station requests, and baskets full of clutter.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2017
    uberdriverfornow and iUBERdc like this.
  18. Ubergirlzz

Driving:
    UberX
    That's good - I do all of those things, too, except offer water. I noticed after last night, my rating went up a bit - from 4.86 to 4.87 so I'm happy. That's good enough for me.

I did have a compliment from two truck drivers last night from NYC. They said my car was "spotlessly clean". They gave me 5 stars, and asked me to go have a drink with them (which I declined, of course).

Kembolicous and tohunt4me like this.
  19. Andre Benjamin 6000

Andre Benjamin 6000 Well-Known Member

Ratings matter? You're not being paid based on your rating. As long as you aren't deactivated, who cares...

But if you insist on caring about your rating, maybe you should try this...

[​IMG]

20. Red Leader

Red Leader Well-Known Member

If my passengers ask for anything, I slap,them and yell....NO SOUP FOR YOU!!!!!