• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

rates in Portland

Syrinx

The following was posted last month:

X rates are as follows:
Base fare $0.80
$0.848/mile
$0.12/ min

Do all Portland drivers earn the same rates?

I've been earning as follows:
Base fare $0.75
$0.795/mile
$0.1125/ min

Should Uber be paying me more?

Donshonda

I just checked my app from trips I did Saturday. I am still getting the rates I posted last month. Not sure why yours are lower.
maybe it has something to do with how long you have been a "partner".

I have been a driver for over 3 years... Since Uber came to Portland.
Rates have dropped dramatically, Surge has completely vanished, and has been restructured so that Uber gets 45-60% of total bill from passengers, And there are literally hundreds of drivers in Portland competing for the same $3.20 minimum fares... just hoping for a whale.
You want to make a couple hundred bucks a day driving for Uber? you have to waste an entire tank of gas, and invest 10-12 hours.

This side gig? has become a joke to the ones that want to do this full time. Me? I'm lucky I have a 9-5.

Syrinx

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I've been with Uber for less than 3 years.
Maybe I got in a little too late to earn what you're earning.

>...hundreds of drivers in Portland competing for the same $3.20 minimum fares...

My minimum fare is $3.00.

I would be interested in hearing from others on this forum
who have been driving for less than 3 years.
Are you earning as follows for Uber X?

Base fare $0.75
$0.795/mile
$0.1125/ min

UStaxman

I've been with Uber for less than 3 years.
Maybe I got in a little too late to earn what you're earning.

>...hundreds of drivers in Portland competing for the same $3.20 minimum fares...

My minimum fare is $3.00.

I would be interested in hearing from others on this forum
who have been driving for less than 3 years.
Are you earning as follows for Uber X?

Base fare $0.75
$0.795/mile
$0.1125/ min
I started exactly 3 years ago this past week....
I’m at $.75/.795/.112 with $3.00 base fare
Those who started last year are even less...
We’re at a 75% commission - those who started in the very beginning like Don’sHonda are at 80% and the more recent drivers are at 70%.

Donshonda

I can assure you? That the rates you see definitely apply to when you signed on as a driver. That being said? It doesn't matter. With up front pricing? Uber is going to take way more than they should... or more than you think they should. It is far from 80%/20% for me.

Hell just this past weekend I had a fair that was a pretty good surge from the Old Port to wells beach. customer paid $125 I received $75.
That equated to 60/40. Its a joke. yes it was a good fare... but 3 years ago? That would have paid me over $100.

UStaxman

Overall my earnings this June is similar to last year as far as gross earnings And Hourly rate (I use ‘hourly rate’ to measure).
Last year was saw a 30% increase in earnings over 2017 and 2016.

I can’t help but wonder if this year would have seen an increase over last year if they didn’t fool with the ‘Surge’ .... but it is what it is...