• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Rates and Fares for Dallas Drivers

ech

Are the rates below the same rates every uberX driver has in the Dallas area? I've seen online others say theirs are higher. I've asked uber support, but they wont give me a straight answer, just a copy/pasted sounding response.

Base Fare: $0.80
Per Mile: $0.73
Per Minute: $0.08
Per Minute Wait Time: $0.08
Minimum Trip Earnings: $3.00
Cancellation Fee: $4.00

If yours is different post it below.

HotRodriguez75

Below are the rates before Uber's cut. Multiply each by .75 or .80. For XL multiply by $.72

Base Fare: $1.00
Per Mile: $0.91
Per Minute: $0.10
Per Minute Wait Time: $0.10
Minimum Trip Earnings: $6.25 - $2.45 booking fee * the above
Cancellation Fee: $5.00

ech

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
You forgot to take out Uber's portion...
It looks like they’re almost taking 50% of what the rider pays...something doesn’t seem right.

Below are the rates before Uber's cut. Multiply each by .75 or .80. For XL multiply by $.72

Base Fare: $1.00
Per Mile: $0.91
Per Minute: $0.10
Per Minute Wait Time: $0.10
Minimum Trip Earnings: $6.25 - $2.45 booking fee * the above
Cancellation Fee: $5.00
I’m a little confused. So you’re saying your base fare for X is either $.75-$.8 (before Uber’s cut)? Or is your base fare $1.00 (before Uber’s cut)?

HotRodriguez75

It looks like they’re almost taking 50% of what the rider pays...something doesn’t seem right.

I’m a little confused. So you’re saying your base fare for X is either $.75-$.8 (before Uber’s cut)? Or is your base fare $1.00 (before Uber’s cut)?
Multiply each by .75 or .80. For XL multiply by $.72

Base Fare: $1.00 * by .75 or .80. For XL multiply by $.72.

The booking fee is not a part of the fare. Make sense?

As indicated above, they take more for short rides as the booking fee is before the fare. Then to top that off, Uber can quote any price they choose and we are paid the above rates regardless of what Uber charges. I know, it's not fare and Uber is screwing us all, but legally they are paying us on what we agreed to.

A minimum fare is a prime example:

$6.25 - $2.45 Booking Fee = $3.80
$3.80 * .75 or .80. For XL multiply by $.72 = MORE THAN 50%!

supra_driven

Drivers that have been with uber for a long time are paid more than new drivers. I forget when the cut off was for the switch.

ech

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Multiply each by .75 or .80. For XL multiply by $.72

Base Fare: $1.00 * by .75 or .80. For XL multiply by $.72.

The booking fee is not a part of the fare. Make sense?

As indicated above, they take more for short rides as the booking fee is before the fare. Then to top that off, Uber can quote any price they choose and we are paid the above rates regardless of what Uber charges. I know, it's not fare and Uber is screwing us all, but legally they are paying us on what we agreed to.

A minimum fare is a prime example:

$6.25 - $2.45 Booking Fee = $3.80
$3.80 * .75 or .80. For XL multiply by $.72 = MORE THAN 50%!
Yea.... so how do I get uber to put me into the higher pay bracket?

Also you’re saying these are the only dallas rates across the board?

HotRodriguez75

Yea.... so how do I get uber to put me into the higher pay bracket?

Also you’re saying these are the only dallas rates across the board?
Your gonna need to go into the Uber Hub so they can answer all your questions. Google it and you can find the locations.

Chris1973

Your gonna need to go into the Uber Hub so they can answer all your questions. Google it and you can find the locations.
Don't waste your time, the pay is the same if you are in the same market, period.. It's just common sense. I don't need proof, but if HotRodriguez75 has some, please come forward with it. It wouldn't be hard to prove me wrong. Then we would have a featured thread within hours PROVING that their is some kind of seniority system in place. The LACK of threads mentioning unequal pay based on how long someone has been with Uber is all the evidence I need.

Yes, you are wrong. The early drivers get paid more as stated above.
Please prove this assertion, or stop spreading misinformation. If I am wrong, apologies in advance. But I'm not.

Ucf

Don't waste your time, the pay is the same if you are in the same market, period.. It's just common sense. I don't need proof, but if HotRodriguez75 has some, please come forward with it. It wouldn't be hard to prove me wrong. Then we would have a featured thread within hours PROVING that their is some kind of seniority system in place. The LACK of threads mentioning unequal pay based on how long someone has been with Uber is all the evidence I need.

Please prove this assertion, or stop spreading misinformation. If I am wrong, apologies in advance. But I'm not.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/ellenhuet/2015/09/11/uber-raises-uberx-commission-to-25-percent-in-five-more-markets/#7da56e003214

Chris1973

Pilot program, article over a year old. Testing new bonuses and commissions on new drivers in two California markets. NOT about grandfathered rates in any way. Very misleading. Report to FOX news, they have a job for you bud.

"Professor Uber" uses that "Go to the hub" bs as his go to answer even for the easy questions. I am starting to think he/she is not really an Uber professor? If you read between the lines, what he/she is actually saying, "I don't like noobs, and I am here at uberpeople.net to inconvenience them as much as possible even when I know the answer cuz there are too many Uber drivers on ma turf brah". Pathetic. 3rd world BS

HotRodriguez75

If you signed up prior to September 2015, Uber's cut is 20%. If you signed up after September 2015, Uber's cut is 25%. Uber XL is 28% accross the board.

Then you have guys that have been doing this from day 1 where Uber doesn't take a cut (this is what i have read over the years. Cannot be confirmed or denied.

You see the pay is different. Then if you drive the different platforms the rates are different and the end result the pay is different.

"Professor Uber" uses that "Go to the hub" bs as his go to answer even for the easy questions. I am starting to think he/she is not really an Uber professor? If you read between the lines, what he/she is actually saying, "I don't like noobs, and I am here at uberpeople.net to inconvenience them as much as possible even when I know the answer cuz there are too many Uber drivers on ma turf brah". Pathetic. 3rd world BS
My issue here is that I attempted to help this guy and post the rates and he kept on questioning it. Possibly, he is looking for another answer or even more, his question related to something completely different. You see where I am going here. The OP was not clear on what he was asking and I still tried to help.

I took the time to break down the rates and the OP came back with wanting to be in a higher pay bracket. At that point, I responded with possibly the Uber office will be able to better explain his questions. They will set the time aside to answer his one line questions.

I am a firm believer in helping drivers and answering questions when I can, but I cannot spoon feed them or spend countless hours responding to one line responses from the OP. As far as noobs, I do not like noobs that come on here and are not clear on what they are asking and when I answer clearly, they respond with a one liner.

And at this point, you're being a complete @@@@@@. For one, you don't know me. And most importantly, I have helped many new drivers in this forum and other groups personally. Ironically, unlike most drivers, I believe in helping other drivers get up to speed faster so they are not driving around like idiots as I did when I first started driving.

Furthermore, we all signed up and were given contracts that include our rates and what Uber takes. I am pretty sure that the OP and many others didn't read this.

TIMB

I signed up after Sept, so I am under the 25% rule. After Uber's cut, I make .68 a mile. And I drive straight X.

Professor, what is your take after Uber takes its share?

KMANDERSON

If you signed up prior to September 2015, Uber's cut is 20%. If you signed up after September 2015, Uber's cut is 25%. Uber XL is 28% accross the board.

Then you have guys that have been doing this from day 1 where Uber doesn't take a cut (this is what i have read over the years. Cannot be confirmed or denied.

You see the pay is different. Then if you drive the different platforms the rates are different and the end result the pay is different.

My issue here is that I attempted to help this guy and post the rates and he kept on questioning it. Possibly, he is looking for another answer or even more, his question related to something completely different. You see where I am going here. The OP was not clear on what he was asking and I still tried to help.

I took the time to break down the rates and the OP came back with wanting to be in a higher pay bracket. At that point, I responded with possibly the Uber office will be able to better explain his questions. They will set the time aside to answer his one line questions.

I am a firm believer in helping drivers and answering questions when I can, but I cannot spoon feed them or spend countless hours responding to one line responses from the OP. As far as noobs, I do not like noobs that come on here and are not clear on what they are asking and when I answer clearly, they respond with a one liner.

And at this point, you're being a complete ******. For one, you don't know me. And most importantly, I have helped many new drivers in this forum and other groups personally. Ironically, unlike most drivers, I believe in helping other drivers get up to speed faster so they are not driving around like idiots as I did when I first started driving.

Furthermore, we all signed up and were given contracts that include our rates and what Uber takes. I am pretty sure that the OP and many others didn't read this.
You don' have to use stars when you say cuss words.This website stop letting us use @@@@ing cuss use words a long time ago.when you cuss this is what @@@@ing translated.Which is a good thing considering I don't hear nothing back from @@@@ing moderators no more.

Last edited:

dirtylee

Or how about them charging pretty close to 2X surge prices from dfw to frisco. No surge for the driver.

$70 rider payment
$30 to the driver including tolls.

Legacy drivers are at 5%. I'd be surprised if any are still driving.

HotRodriguez75

You don' have to use stars when you say cuss words.This website stop letting us use &%[email protected]!*ing cuss words long time ago.when you cuss this is what &%[email protected]!*ing translated.Which is a good thing considering I don't hear nothing back from &%[email protected]!*ing moderators no more.
It auto censored the word 'D-O-U-C-H-E' with the stars.:p

Or how about them charging pretty close to 2X surge prices from dfw to frisco. No surge for the driver.

$70 rider payment
$30 to the driver including tolls.

Legacy drivers are at 5%. I'd be surprised if any are still driving.
Now you are going to confuse the OP and then Sirachi guy is going to go on a rampage about you not liking newbies.