Rate canceled rides (for those who care about minutiae

Strange Fruit

I see many here say that if u start a trip then cancel, that u can be rated. I think one person here said they even saw it happen on the rider app. I've seen a bunch of the same story where driver won't go far then their rating drops. I got 20 ratings last week: 19 5 stars and one 4 star. I canceled two long trips. One seemed prepared for it and gracious. The OAK trip people were pissed tho. And when I went back online it was surging even higher so they maybe had to pay more when they got another ride.

And before that I had a week with no low rating, but someone I wouldn't take somewhere was really mad, like "what am I supposed to do now" & "this is really unprofessional". I even reported her just to be first cuz. No bad ratings or report that week either. These are just the two weeks I've been able to check, like a 19/20 5 star week is easy to do the math and know the remaining rating.

So what is the truth?
Screenshot_2017-09-08-14-34-41.png
Screenshot_2017-09-08-14-35-10.png
Screenshot_2017-09-08-14-36-13.png

SRGuy

I see many here say that if u start a trip then cancel, that u can be rated. I think one person here said they even saw it happen on the rider app. I've seen a bunch of the same story where driver won't go far then their rating drops. I got 20 ratings last week: 19 5 stars and one 4 star. I canceled two long trips. One seemed prepared for it and gracious. The OAK trip people were pissed tho. And when I went back online it was surging even higher so they maybe had to pay more when they got another ride.

And before that I had a week with no low rating, but someone I wouldn't take somewhere was really mad, like "what am I supposed to do now" & "this is really unprofessional". I even reported her just to be first cuz. No bad ratings or report that week either. These are just the two weeks I've been able to check, like a 19/20 5 star week is easy to do the math and know the remaining rating.

So what is the truth?
View attachment 156330 View attachment 156331 View attachment 156332
The rider is given the option to rate you if your cancel after starting the trip.

RideShareJUNKIE

i rarely have an issue with ratings on a cancelled trip after its started. if they care about anything its getting a refund for the trip never taken. i just get my $5 regardless of cancel or start/end trip after short time and distance driven.