Ranger game?

TXUbering

Anyone get pulled in? I avoided the area like the plague. Seems as though people were leaving pretty early though, which I don't blame them. I doubt I'll be doing pick ups out there on purpose. With as hot as it gets, last thing I want is a sweaty person that's been drinking for the majority of the day in my car. Maybe next year when they have the new closed stadium.

PlanoGuber

Anyone get pulled in? I avoided the area like the plague. Seems as though people were leaving pretty early though, which I don't blame them. I doubt I'll be doing pick ups out there on purpose. With as hot as it gets, last thing I want is a sweaty person that's been drinking for the majority of the day in my car. Maybe next year when they have the new closed stadium.
Based on the early season outlook, they'll be back down to 10k or less attendance pretty quickly this year. I'm pretty sure there were more Cubs fans there yesterday than Rangers fans.

...and you're nuts to pickup after a summer baseball game if you don't have leather seats in your UberMobile. Gotta wipe that sweaty pax booty juice off easier.

nighthawk398

Based on the early season outlook, they'll be back down to 10k or less attendance pretty quickly this year. I'm pretty sure there were more Cubs fans there yesterday than Rangers fans.

...and you're nuts to pickup after a summer baseball game if you don't have leather seats in your UberMobile. Gotta wipe that sweaty pax booty juice off easier.
well it is a rebuilding year they probably will be way less than .500

#professoruber

I managed $250 on this game, which is on par of what I made the last 3 years. I had zero issues with people or traffic. Well I did have one passenger leave their phone and since they tipped me very nicely, we are meeting today and I expect another fat tip.

TomTheAnt

Picked one up for 45+ and 100% PT around 5pm and that was it. Was a bit hesitant to take the ping, but the PT and 45+ eventually won me over. At least I knew I wouldn't have to deal with the traffic after the game is over.

#professoruber

I passed up three 45+ trips that were on a 3X prime time. Estimated payout: $60-$99. This was the second round of high surge for this event and the surge was sitting at 4x on Uber. Logistically, I don't take X rides and I would rather have taken $40-50 short XL rides to Lamar hotels.

5:30pm 45+ notification equates to about 20 mile drive with a lot of traffic.

Stas2007

I ve been meaning to ask you Professor, what platforms are you on? Was gonna guess XL & select? And what your antmobile?

#professoruber

I ve been meaning to ask you Professor, what platforms are you on? Was gonna guess XL & select? And what your antmobile?
That is correct. Select and XL. And I run the cheapest car that qualifies for both platforms, which is a Kia Sorento, which I paid $18K for. It will likely be removed in the next 12 months, which I am looking to re-invest in another cheap vehicle that qualifies. Likely a 2017-2018 GMC Terrain with bucket seats.

TomTheAnt

5:30pm 45+ notification equates to about 20 mile drive with a lot of traffic.
35+ miles in 52 minutes to Mesquite for me. Worth the $60+ w/tip to get out of the ballpark area before any major madness. Some rush hour traffic around DT Dallas, but once we hit the HOV lane going east, it was a breeze. After dropping him off I used DF and picked up a 31 mile/30 minute trip to DFW against the traffic.

AnotherUberGuy

Had a great unicorn ride, two half unicorns, and made an easy 120 bucks in ~3 hours and that was with 2 deadheads back to the stadium from downtown dallas. Didn't go near the uber lot and didn't wait more than 5 mins in traffic near the stadium. Just go to where riders are standing around, go online, pick up a ping, and off you go. (But also remember that according to another thread, I don't have a clue what I am talking about. :poop:)

Having said all that .... yall better go ride this gravy train this weekend, because I think the next 2 games are about as good as it's gonna get, possibly for the whole season.

#professoruber

Had a great unicorn ride, two half unicorns, and made an easy 120 bucks in ~3 hours and that was with 2 deadheads back to the stadium from downtown dallas. Didn't go near the uber lot and didn't wait more than 5 mins in traffic near the stadium. Just go to where riders are standing around, go online, pick up a ping, and off you go. (But also remember that according to another thread, I don't have a clue what I am talking about. :poop:)

Having said all that .... yall better go ride this gravy train this weekend, because I think the next 2 games are about as good as it's gonna get, possibly for the whole season.
I think the Hoiston series will be a lot better than this however the season opener is the best game to drive due to it being a weekday and ending in the heat of rush hour.

Yup, you still don’t know know what your talking about. :o-o:

AnotherUberGuy

At 6:30 and having seen nearly nothing on the heat map, I decided to go out and have dinner with friends. I saw it surge up to $7 around 7:15 and that lasted maybe 10 minutes. Nothing like Thursday or Saturday so I decided to pass. Hopefully some of y'all got a couple yesterday and did well this weekend!

#professoruber

TMS was > than the ballpark. It peaked at 4.8x and having a parking pass and knowing how to navigate the area helps. There is only one way in once the rates lets out. Quick $200 from 5pm to 8pm. My last trip included a $20 tip plus dropped 6 at Bucks for an additional al $30.

All three of those rides were cancelled rides where other drivers couldn’t get in.
E7E826D7-7A20-49FD-B40D-53DA6920B7FF.jpeg

Post automatically merged:

The Houston series should pay good if the ants (yeah I am talking to all of you) stay home. :thumbup: