Random

bruvlove

so check this out , picked up a Pax in chapel st tonight, and while on route I got a ping and I thought what the heck , so drop my pax off and rate them etc, then I go to pull up new job and no S^^^ his old man had booked an uber for himself to go to the city.. I was confused as for around 30sec haha..

Also yesterday my 1st 3 jobs where all city to airport drive back empty pick up go back

joe83

How long are people finding they need to wait for a job during the week, during the day?

bruvlove, for example how long did you have to wait between airport jobs?

bruvlove

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
How long are people finding they need to wait for a job during the week, during the day?

bruvlove, for example how long did you have to wait between airport jobs?
I go offline until I get to Flemington road

LevelX

his old man had booked an uber for himself to go to the city
I had something similar the other day... Parked the car, went offline, loo run, and then a coffee run. Came back to the car, went online out of the car while stretching my legs a bit, got a ping, ETA 1 min. Cool. Accepted, got in the car and its like I'm here at the pin already? Huh whats going on, is Uber broken. So waiting at the pin confirming the address. Hmm seems I am here! I was parked in front of their house. They appeared in a min and away we went. Was a bit freaky for a moment. But it can happen.

Depends on your area and time of the day. Inner city, is pretty busy. Not much wait. Outer suburbs, maybe 5ish mins. But it depends again. Get out there and see.

LevelX

Then how long does it take until you got then next ping/trip to the airport?
You can't really choose your destination (well you can, twice a day). Its all random how far you'll go and which direction you'll head. The luck of the fare.

I've nicknamed it destination roulette.......

joe83

Have you noticed if the work load has changed much since you started?

With more drivers coming onboard has it made it harder to get more work.

Or have you found that there are also a lot more riders now as well?

LevelX

With more drivers coming onboard has it made it harder to get more work.
Not really. For me its been about the same. But then I drive more week days, so less drivers in generally.

Or have you found that there are also a lot more users now as well?
There are LOTS more paxs now, so yes as drivers increased, so have the paxs.

malbi

This is random. I picked up the same passenger two nights in a row. On Monday night I picked him up at Crown and took him to QV. Last night I picked him up in Elizabeth Street near Melbourne Central and took him to Travancore. He flew back to Texas this morning and so I can't pick him up three nights in a row.

LevelX

That is totally random!!! Ice had a few repeat paxs out near home. Clearly that's understandable, but getting this guy twice is a bit freaky.

Graham J

Picked up a 20ish something male and after some chatting learned that his Mother and I were neighbours in NSW about 50 years ago. Her Brother and I were real terrors together. No I haven't noticed any discernible change in my waiting times between pax except if I stay out in the boondocks. Since the rate cuts back in March my rides/hour have gone up about 3% and $/hr has gone down about 11% and those numbers have pretty well flatlined now

joffie

One time I was waiting at the Ringwood Lake for a job and literally got a ping from the guy standing at the bus stop outside the lake (bus late). He said he saw my car in the lake going round and round lol.

Tom2828

I picked up a guy that came from us that I have a meeting with him later this day at work lol.