• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Random SLO peaks

sloburning

I have noticed random surges since the rate changes. Specifically in the weekend afternoon timeframe. Guessing low driver volume is the primary reason, do most of you work evening shifts for the weekend?
I live near pismo, so stay at home (beaches) sunday thru wednesday unless I am in SLO for other reasons. Pull late hours Thursday thru Saturday normally, with daytime hours as projects/full time work schedule allows

Bilbo_Swagginz

No idea, I only work the Thursday-Saturday party/bar scene. but i agreed, even during those hours I have been seeing more surging which I can almost guarantee is due to lower driver volume after the price cut.

The Admiral

Surges are not long enough to be effective. Pax just wait out the surge. I do not chase the surges. Pings come after the surge is over. Sit and wait. I have a 100k mi. warrantee so I don't worry about replacing the starter in my car. Driving is dangerous and expensive chasing clients. I've decided to stop taking the 20 mi. to pick up a rider.

notsewfast

Surges are not long enough to be effective. Pax just wait out the surge. I do not chase the surges. Pings come after the surge is over. Sit and wait. I have a 100k mi. warrantee so I don't worry about replacing the starter in my car. Driving is dangerous and expensive chasing clients. I've decided to stop taking the 20 mi. to pick up a rider.
20 mile pickups!!? I drive in SF, on the fourth oh July I was getting pinged from Oakland. I thought it was a mistake and laughed about it. Glad I don't have to drive a half hour for pickup! I don't think it would be worth my time here, as well as thinking pax would cancel right before arrival. Looks like rates in your area are twice what they are here so I get it.

steve rice

I'm thinking of moving from san diego up tp the SLO area next year.

How do you guys do thurday thru saturday nights? I drive a 6 passenger Sienna so I'm an x and an xl.

Holliwood97

I'm thinking of moving from san diego up tp the SLO area next year.

How do you guys do thurday thru saturday nights? I drive a 6 passenger Sienna so I'm an x and an xl.
steve do you drive in SLO? doing some research on what is better to drive for the regular uber rides or head for the XL driver or luxery car. any insight on which one is more profitable in the Pismo/san luis obispo / or wine counrty area? i also noticed WINE or WINE XL drivers? clueless my son is just starting out and he is try ing to figure out what car to buy.. i would appreciate any tips you may have. or could share.