Rally

JerseyBoy911

Ain't gonna happen with the handful of dudes on here...need to do the leg work and have some good literature in hand...then we need an association charter written and dues paid for to support the association...

Lepke

Someone would have to be willing to be deactivated by uber and Lyft in order to head off a driver organization. That individual or those individuals would then no longer be drivers and other drivers would work against them because of it. Kind of a catch 22.

Lepke

1 hour drivers boycott......protest won't do anythimgt
One would have to be willing to drive at $0.85 a mile in order to stop driving for a protest. It should be interesting to see what happens but I already know what's going to happen. Uber will lose some driver and there will be a few service issues and they will recruit new drivers and it will get back to normal. There's always someone willing to work for less money.

Old Dude

And for you, Lepke as a person that posts here regularly- let somebody take my first amendment rights to voice my opinion and I will show you a $1000000 court case that I will undoubtedly win. So stop being a chicken you know what.

thedominican1

Dont let this thread die, Let's pick a @@@@ing day and go show up. I agree with stop the small minded thinking of "oh it wont do shit". It will. It will get the attention of the news if we can grab our balls (ladies too) and lose 2 hours of our week to try and make a statement.

The hoboken office has been closed for the past few days. Let's find out if they open monday and set a time to show up. AT THE VERY LEAST, the attention this will produce will make more drivers aware of the situation and they might decide to join in on denouncing this bs.

I expect there might be taxi drivers happy to see us complaining but they don't see that these new rates will finish wiping them off the map...

Optimus Prime

Dont let this thread die, Let's pick a ****ing day and go show up. I agree with stop the small minded thinking of "oh it wont do shit". It will. It will get the attention of the news if we can grab our balls (ladies too) and lose 2 hours of our week to try and make a statement.

The hoboken office has been closed for the past few days. Let's find out if they open monday and set a time to show up. AT THE VERY LEAST, the attention this will produce will make more drivers aware of the situation and they might decide to join in on denouncing this bs.

I expect there might be taxi drivers happy to see us complaining but they don't see that these new rates will finish wiping them off the map...

Monday sounds good to me. What time?

Someone would have to be willing to be deactivated by uber and Lyft in order to head off a driver organization. That individual or those individuals would then no longer be drivers and other drivers would work against them because of it. Kind of a catch 22.
Hi Lepke! I've been reading your posts and you are so right about everything!

Lepke

Taking time out of driving for uber to go and protest will do very little to help your cause. The only thing that uber will understand is if drivers stop driving uber altogether. In the unlikely event that uber can't get enough drivers, they will then raise prices. But don't expect much of an increase as history has shown they do it in $0.10 increments.

I don't think most drivers are going to quit. As I move the pin around on the passenger app I see as many cars out as there always are. The airport is still packed and so is the rest of the state.