Radio or Music in UberX Booming in Back Speakers

UberEastCoast

I am a frequent UberX pax. When I get into an UberX and I am stressed about work, I do not want to tell the driver to turn the music down. I do not want to seem bossy. Sometimes the driver seems easy to ask. Sometimes they seem like stone idols who do not want to be bothered.

What really bothers me is the UberX drivers appear to HAVE NO IDEA that the main speakers for their radios are in the back, near my skull. It p******* me off.

So listen: That is probably my No. 1 complaint. If you are driving an UberX, adjust the music to your FRONT speakers. If you do not ask about the music or turn it down or off, it's an automatic drop of 1 star to 4 stars. Which I think is sad.

UEC

SuzeCB

I've never had a problem with a pax asking for no music, either. Of course, I kinda kept it low so there were more request to turn it up.

I like music when I drive. If someone wanted quiet so they could work or talk on the phone, I'd turn on Pandora on my phone and have it feed into my earpiece, along with the GPS voice that was already there.

Everybody's happy.

ANT 7

I always turn off the radio on trips so pax don't whine about my tunes. My silence keeps them quiet too.......a win win.

PioneerXi

You're a passenger...
who comes to the Uber boards...
to complain about your previous drivers ...
and potentially future drivers who frequent this board....
to turn the music down...

but haven't asked at the time that the music was loud, for it to be turned down?

Use this, it's a very easy lesson:

"Driver, would you mind turning the music down?"

UberEastCoast

PioneerXi. You want honesty, I gave it you. I don't like to ask because it's not my car. It's more "ride-sharing" than a cab. But be aware, many riders do not like to ask. I have to tell you, some drivers -- I'd say 10-15% -- seem bothered by requests.
Post automatically merged:

I have no issue with my riders asking for quietness (Not that I have anything loud on the radio anyways).

Next time politely ask them to turn it down. I doubt most drivers will have an issue.

I read you frequently, btw, Pax C.

Z129

-:- * -:- * -:- * -:-
Many drivers shift the music to the back speakers so that they can still hear everything, but the passengers can enjoy the music. It sounds like maybe the driver did this and then turned up the tunes so he could hear it as well.

Use your words to let your driver know that you'd prefer the music turned down or off. Dinging the driver's rating and thus jeopardizing their ability to earn money is not acceptable.

SuzeCB

PioneerXi. You want honesty, I gave it you. I don't like to ask because it's not my car. It's more "ride-sharing" than a cab. But be aware, many riders do not like to ask. I have to tell you, some drivers -- I'd say 10-15% -- seem bothered by requests.

I read you frequently, btw, Pax C.
It's not ridesharing anymore. It never really was. That was a term Uber used to avoid prosecution when trying to start a new form of car service.

Rideshare is when someone is travelling in a particular direction for their own reasons, and you happen to want to go in the same direction, so you share expenses to get the ride.

This is a business.

If you want the music turned down, ask before the car moves. If the driver gives you ANY 'tude about it, cancel the trip and call another car. You can complain to Uber about the jerk-driver while sitting in a quieter car headed to your destination.

Benjamin M

One minute from the pick up location, my car goes silent apart from the built in GPS.

I've only had two requests for music, I prefer silence when I am transporting.

Illini

My radio is adjusted to play only from the front speakers. I keep the volume down way low. Sounds fine for me, but the pax probably can barely hear the music. Over several hundred rides, I've only had 3 pax asked me to raise the volume. No one has ever asked me to turn my music down or off. When they're talking to me during the ride, I turn the radio off.

TXqwi3812

Geeze you are like the annoying girlfriend where we are supposed to read your mind otherwise you throw a little tantrum.

Be assertive son.

If you don't like the music situation let the driver know.

Thepeoplewearent

I am a frequent UberX pax. When I get into an UberX and I am stressed about work, I do not want to tell the driver to turn the music down. I do not want to seem bossy. Sometimes the driver seems easy to ask. Sometimes they seem like stone idols who do not want to be bothered.

What really bothers me is the UberX drivers appear to HAVE NO IDEA that the main speakers for their radios are in the back, near my skull. It p******* me off.

So listen: That is probably my No. 1 complaint. If you are driving an UberX, adjust the music to your FRONT speakers. If you do not ask about the music or turn it down or off, it's an automatic drop of 1 star to 4 stars. Which I think is sad.

UEC

Soooooo do you remember the point in space-time described as "a few moments before you called your ride", when you opened the app?

At that moment you committed to receiving the worst available transport service intentionally. Why? It is the cheapest. How? I slowly pay 15,000 dollars to reduce the overall value of human labor in the good ol' U.S. of A.

So when you climb in and silently bear (bare?) Desires of any sort just remember that you WANTED to be less comfortable. It was cheaper. How you like it. Because you're just another human like us all.

Also, like everyone else said. Say something. I have a whole spotify account you request from if you just Ask. but if you say nothing I sure wont.

Boca Ratman

UEC

My God, just ask. 99.5% of us want you to be comfortable. if the radio os too loud sack up and say something.

What kind of idiot would rather sit there pissed off with the radio blaring in their ear.

I'm always amazed at these types of posts. When did the world forget how to communicate in person

Uber1010

UEC
When pax rate under from 3 below they never see the same driver's again it mean the rider did not agree with specific driver ..and reverse when driver rate3 never see the rider again then the waiting time encreas on both side. If rider are always give low rate to drivers for non reason Uber make them to wait long time and send them unprofessional driver with cluster of car. So make sure you ply the game fare on both side

CJfrom619

UEC
Your the worst type of rider. Who cares if the radio is to loud for your liking. Deal with it or ask them to turn it down. Dont just sit there in anger and say nothing just to 1 star the driver. A rider who will 1 star you for the music being to loud are the same ones who 1 star you because they dont like the color of your car. I could care less about the sensitivity of my riders ears.

Geeze you are like the annoying girlfriend where we are supposed to read your mind otherwise you throw a little tantrum.

Be assertive son.

If you don't like the music situation let the driver know.
Facts.

Antquisha

I got 1-starred for temperature twice. This was during winter. I'm obviously dressed way lighter in my car all day than the pax coming in with huge poufy jackets and scarves.

I have no respect for pax who say nothing to you but downrate and "report" for such petty shit like music and temperature. Say something. I'm obviously not aware you're uncomfortable. I can't know you're wearing 5 layers. If the driver acts annoyed by your request most definitely downrate. Simple.