Radio host Michael Smerconish talked about his rating

Fuzzyelvis

Radio host....he found out he's a 4.67. And was asking on air if he could do anything for uber to raise it etc...give a class, bring cookies to their office type of thing (Eff the drivers!)

Comes out he tips $1 in the app. Asks for a charging cord. Calls and texts before the driver arrives to tell him where to go (love that--now I have no navigation and I just passed you). Apparently had a driver that morning who had no cord, didn't adjust the temperature etc....

I'm guessing the driver decide he wasn't doing anything for this high maintenance pax right off the bat.

Oh, and he said "but you expect a certain level of service" and that "the whole purpose of uber was to not have to tip and it was better before they had tipping". AND that "from now on I'll make the driver give me 5 stars before I get out of the car."

I'd one star any pax right in their face if they insisted I rate them in front of them like that. And $1 is someone who wants to say they tip but actually thinks it sucks that anyone would expect them to.

He's on Twitter etc. So blow it up, people.

Cold Fusion

Radio host....he found out he's a 4.67. And was asking on air if he could do anything for uber to raise it etc...give a class, bring cookies to their office type of thing (Eff the drivers!)

Comes out he tips $1 in the app. Asks for a charging cord. Calls and texts before the driver arrives to tell him where to go (love that--now I have no navigation and I just passed you). Apparently had a driver that morning who had no cord, didn't adjust the temperature etc....

I'm guessing the driver decide he wasn't doing anything for this high maintenance pax right off the bat.

Oh, and he said "but you expect a certain level of service" and that "the whole purpose of uber was to not have to tip and it was better before they had tipping". AND that "from now on I'll make the driver give me 5 stars before I get out of the car."

I'd one star any pax right in their face if they insisted I rate them in front of them like that. And $1 is someone who wants to say they tip but actually thinks it sucks that anyone would expect them to.

Smerconish is echoing sentiments of the vast majority of rideshare passengers.
They want it cheap
and the driver is just “a Temporary thing” on the front seat
waiting to be deactivated and replaced
by hundreds of newbies.

bottom line, you’re lucky to get the dollar

Post automatically merged:

MiamiKid

Just be happy for the dollar tip. Better than nothing. Focus on giving good service.

My two cents.
?

Fuzzyelvis

Journalists are worse than prostitutes.

Everyone here knows he deserves the 4.67. I'm sure he exudes ahole.

A journalist is just an @@@@@@@ who wasn't smart enough for law school.
When he was talking about this even the people who work with him with saying he was high maintenance and that a dollar wasn't enough and yes he definitely exude an air of I'm supposed to get great service I take Uber all the time uber's great I don't understand the problem so yeah you're right. I'm actually not really going to listen to him anymore after that and I wonder if there's other drivers that he's lost from his radio audience as well. He was worrying about when he goes to different places he might not be able to get a ride because of his rating. One can only hope. But some Ant will still pick him up.

MiamiKid

When he was talking about this even the people who work with him with saying he was high maintenance and that a dollar wasn't enough and yes he definitely exude an air of I'm supposed to get great service I take Uber all the time uber's great I don't understand the problem so yeah you're right. I'm actually not really going to listen to him anymore after that and I wonder if there's other drivers that he's lost from his radio audience as well. He was worrying about when he goes to different places he might not be able to get a ride because of his rating. One can only hope. But some Ant will still pick him up.

Will gladly pick him up. As long he keeps any liberal attitudes to himself. Am fine with the dollar tip.

My two cents.
?

mrpjfresh

" It was better before tipping". So amusing a nationally known journalist can't grasp the nuance here. It has nothing to do with tipping; it is all about driver pay being slashed. But all the average customer has seen is their cost for rides go up, so they can't understand why the quality has dipped so much. Why not dig a little deeper there, Mike? You think drivers are protesting and stopping traffic for fun?

RideshareUSA

What a dick!!!

tohunt4me

Let " Michael " RIDE THE BUS !

Smerconish is echoing sentiments of the vast majority of rideshare passengers.
They want it cheap
and the driver is just “a Temporary thing” on the front seat
waiting to be deactivated and replaced
by hundreds of newbies.

bottom line, you’re lucky to get the dollar

" MICHAEL" cant afford a car ?

Or is " Michael" too inept to drive !

Dekero

I have no clue who this pud is however if any passenger insists on a rating at the end of any trip. It will be a one star along with a text which I will start while they are sitting there claiming that the rider made me feel unsafe and threatened, and I don't think they should have access to the app any longer and I definitely do not wish to paired again... Thank you Uber... Along with.. ohh and now you can get the hell out of my car...

MiamiKid

I have no clue who this pud is however if any passenger insists on a rating at the end of any trip. It will be a one star along with a text which I will start while they are sitting there claiming that the rider made me feel unsafe and threatened, and I don't think they should have access to the app any longer and I definitely do not wish to paired again... Thank you Uber... Along with.. ohh and now you can get the hell out of my car...

Will be in Memphis, in couple weeks, taking Uber multiple times a day. Downtown area.
Keep in mind I report driver violations on a consistent basis.

Working4peanuts

I NEVER end the ride until the pax hole is out of the car. If they ask why I haven't ended the ride, I tell them as long as they're in my car with the ride not ended, they're insured. Once I end the ride, no insurance. If they're still in the car and I'm rear ended, they're shit out of luck. Then I say nicely to GTFO.

Dekero

Will be in Memphis, in couple weeks, taking Uber multiple times a day. Downtown area.
Keep in mind I report driver violations on a consistent basis.
I can only hope I get your ping... It's been weeks since I have kicked out an entitled ass...

Black BMW.. just keep ordering till you get me... Better yet send me flight info I'll pick u up at the airport for free. And you have never been violated like I will, you might wanna get a go pro and have it running.