Inshur

Racist Riders?

Status
Not open for further replies.

taxiapplover

Is it only me here or someone else who thinks that those riders who cancel their bookings the moment after we accept, are Racist? Tonight one guy send me request, I accepted, than he cancelled straight after acceptance. He done that at least three times and I deliberately kept accepting his requests until he gave up. I was sure that he had some preference about the drivers.
Do you get me where I am coming from?

UberXTampa

Racism is one of the possibilities.

Others is the car you drive.

But many times it is a person trying to get a specific driver that is near him and keeps getting matched with you. Sometimes I drop off a person from a group and one decides to continue with a new request. App keeps matching him to a different driver. Multiple attempts and cancels later we get matched.

Don't take it personally. I prefer a racist rider to cancel than ride and rate me a 1 star.

London UberExec Driver

Ageist, sexist, namist, colour of hairist, wearing of glasses-ist.......

You don't know for sure why a rider cancels, and don't know whats in their mind as to why, other than what is based on other info they receive of the driver when they accept their request.

It would be interesting to find out the average rating and cancellations for each of these characteristics, if there is any.

But the above is likely to be true, you want a specific driver to come to you who you know.

Anon2014

Cancellation is part of the job. Sometimes it's some kids fooling around or a newbie who is just experimenting.

WHU STEVE

At least your ac
Is it only me here or someone else who thinks that those riders who cancel their bookings the moment after we accept, are Racist? Tonight one guy send me request, I accepted, than he cancelled straight after acceptance. He done that at least three times and I deliberately kept accepting his requests until he gave up. I was sure that he had some preference about the drivers.
At least your acceptance rate will be high!

Ubend R.S.

we have people literally dying to come here. arabs come knowing that for at least a few months they can be themselves without persecution. there is a permanent presence of demonstration opposite no. 10. we have laws in place protecting human rights and stopping discrimination of race or religion. yet you have managed to find racism on an app where cancellations are common place.
sadly i do get where you are coming from.

igor l

I was playing with one rider. I was only one driver near some place. He canceled once then i took request again i knew it was him cus of adress i cancel straight away then again i was waiting when he cancel then again i cancel ;E oink oink

voodooman

WTF? let me tell you the different factions of E europe are as Racist as it gets so lets not get all holier than thou.

Jack Dunphy

Of all the reasons they could cancel and you assume racism?! This say's a lot more about you than about the riders. What is your photo like? I know people who cancel if their driver looks like a psychopath (which is quite a few of them!)
Or if their actually someone else ( Has been Known)

D1991

brain dead i have a company with 10 employes i earned 80 k last year with out uber i own a flash merc
holiday several times a year u will find that uber drivers are very diverse all you do is come here and talk shit and slagging people off
you are welcome to stay u came here we did not invite you , you dont see us on taxi forums so why would u take the piss and mess about on here ? when i first joined this was a serious forum alot of nice people ever since a few taxi drivers came on its mostly cursing and so on.

Instigator2000

i personally think it is just someone trying to get a specific driver.

or they don't like your rating or photo for reason 2 or 3.

to call it racist is a bit silly.

D1991

if one of the party wishes to book you simply tell them to wait go offline and then online and tell them to book it you will get it first

John Lindsay

Is it only me here or someone else who thinks that those riders who cancel their bookings the moment after we accept, are Racist? Tonight one guy send me request, I accepted, than he cancelled straight after acceptance. He done that at least three times and I deliberately kept accepting his requests until he gave up.
JL: I DEFINITELY AGREE.

It's happened to me quite a number of times here in Lexington, KY(USA).

And rarely do I receive requests for rides during peak periods.

Status
Not open for further replies.