• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Racist pax

Bennela

So today I pick up a pax and his buddy in Frazer, PA going to Lincoln Financial Field for the Eagles game. A few minutes into the ride he tells me that he kept requesting and canceling other Uber drivers because he was getting "all foreign looking drivers." He finally didn't cancel me because I looked "American." Anyone else experience anything like this?

MiddleClassedOut

On two consecutive days, I had racist passengers. One was from a common minority and was saying some rather offensive stuff about white people, the other was white and saying really offensive stuff about black people and the white people who live in those neighborhoods.

I restrained myself from saying anything both times, I just turned my music up. What can you really do? Throw them out?

Chris M

I've head drunken college "bro's" in west chester constantly cat calling and harassing women from windows of the vehicle to the point where im now kicking them out of my car, and ending the ride early.

Danz Haagen

So today I pick up a pax and his buddy in Frazer, PA going to Lincoln Financial Field for the Eagles game. A few minutes into the ride he tells me that he kept requesting and canceling other Uber drivers because he was getting "all foreign looking drivers." He finally didn't cancel me because I looked "American." Anyone else experience anything like this?
did he have his head up his rectum when you first saw him?

renbutler

Hey,his problem as long as you get paid.
I tend to agree with that, although I would also rate him very lowly. Otherwise, it's not my business to civilize the passengers.

The exception would be if he's saying something provocative to pedestrians or others that puts me or my vehicle in danger.

Thankfully, I've had only one person speak poorly of "foreign" drivers.

I did have a young black man get in my vehicle before his wife/girlfriend started harassing him for leaving. They called each other racist names before he politely canceled the trip.

Chris M

I've also had a few people comment on "Oh thank god an American driver." and I'm like "really, aren't we all made of the same stuff?"

On a lighter note, I''ve shared a few laughs with multiple black patron's who i will pick up and will say to me, "Man it's nice to finally get a cab!"