Quitting Uber soon. The company is a complete scam.

Boca Ratman

He is from Southwest Florida, fort myers to be specific where I live also. I've seen him at the Southwest Florida International Airport a few times. It's not $0.48 a mile, it's $0.76 a mile. And Miami it's 53 I believe.
67 - 62 in miami depending how long you've been driving

Boca Ratman

Oh so it must have got up then. But what do you mean depending on how long you've been driving? So the newer drivers get screwed?
We all get screwed
Post automatically merged:

We used to pay a commission, 20% then it got raised to 25. If you were a 20%er, you make a little more per mile. As far as I remember this is the lowest per mile miami has been. A while back 2 years ago, i think it dropped and I think that was the last change. Per mile went down and per minute went up.

Last edited:

Trafficat

I've actually seen Uber introduce 2 major awesome things:

#1 - Long Pickup Fees
#2 - Tuition at ASU for Pro drivers.

Lyft on the other hand, has never improved anything and always made everything progressively worse.

Nats121

He is from Southwest Florida, fort myers to be specific where I live also. I've seen him at the Southwest Florida International Airport a few times. It's not $0.48 a mile, it's $0.76 a mile. And Miami it's 53 I believe.
I'm guessing the per minute rate is 10 cents or less.

Nats121

16 cents per min.
I just checked the Uber website for Fort Myers,FL and the pax rate per minute is 14 cents, which would normally work out to 10.5 cents for the driver.

However, in 2018 Uber raised the pax fares in Florida but kept driver pay the same. Therefore, in all likelihood drivers are getting LESS than 10 cents per minute in Ft.Myers.

Stevie The magic Unicorn

I just checked the Uber website for Fort Myers,FL and the pax rate per minute is 14 cents, which would normally work out to 10.5 cents for the driver.

However, in 2018 Uber raised the pax fares in Florida but kept driver pay the same. Therefore, in all likelihood drivers are getting LESS than 10 cents per minute in Ft.Myers.
Orlando is 8ish cents a Minute.

Young Kim

No wonder why sometimes I get Uber emails in Junk.

This company is complete garbage. I have been with them 4 years, and they become worse and worse every time. They have not gotten any better on anything. I have been thinking on all the ways this company has pissed us:

Pay cuts every year or even more than once per year

The rating system- we are forced to rate users while they don’t have to

How they put people accounts on hold without any warning

How they allow users to make false complaints and always take the user side

Horrendous customer and driver support- bots only, no phone, no in person help

Now, in the middle of this nightmare pandemic, they have put my account on hold and it has been so for 3 WEEKS because of the background check.

I am seriously considering dumping them. I have found other platforms that are more driver and courier friendly.
What terrible luck you had my friend! I hope things turn out better for you soon. Not sure if I agree it is a complete scam, but I can see where you are upset with them...

espizarro83

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
They reactivated my account nearly a month after I sent the new background check request. Now, I use another delivery app, although I still do some UberEats in between but they are no longer my primary app