Quitting feels so good

Shill

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Ex Uber driver is like being an ex con. Only those who have been there know what the scars mean.
Yes the scars. Here is one more. In my last days of Uber I picked up a dude from the bus stop and took him home. I started getting very itchy during and after that ride. My head and ears had the biggest itch. I couldn't see what it was that kept messing with my skin. I kept washing my bed sheets and clothes every day. I also took multiple showers a day. The itch finally went away after 5 days.

During the ride that dude tried to get me to go home with him telling me how his partners think he is a sex God. I am a heterosexual male and even if he was a girl I am very loyal to my wife. Even if I was gay this dude looked like a gnome. Even if I was gay and not loyal and I was attracted to gnomes I would most likely catch way more than the itch on my skin!

I just told him I accepted another ride when he invited me in for a coffee.

Why is the code word for sex always "coffee"?
Post automatically merged:

do not go back lol . i quit uber and lyft 6 mo ago and have never felt so free , can’t believe i put 130k on my motor to accept mileage rate cuts , df cuts , lyft weekly bonus elimination , surge and prime time cuts , and long hours . freedom should be cherished .
I got a new job with overtime and double time on Sundays. Uber is history.

Ozzyoz

do not go back lol . i quit uber and lyft 6 mo ago and have never felt so free , can’t believe i put 130k on my motor to accept mileage rate cuts , df cuts , lyft weekly bonus elimination , surge and prime time cuts , and long hours . freedom should be cherished .
Current driver's can expect to get into the million mile mark within a few years after CoronaVirus scare is over and a vaccine arrives.

UberPuppetGirl

Hey, keep up all this talk and administrative jail will be the new option for all small time money crimes.
You get busted for wrong taxes or with holding income.
So instead of any real taxpayer jail time as it costs 40k plus a year per con vs. about 3.7k a year for a public aid case.
Then these low life's can get some adminstrative monitor to just fix everything.
Next thing you know they will be working there like all those work for your check schemes, that's really a job recruitment service for well not the dry but the high.
As nothing like the recovered types all full of glow.
So take it easy telling everything.
❤👍💃

x100

Yes the scars. Here is one more. In my last days of Uber I picked up a dude from the bus stop and took him home. I started getting very itchy during and after that ride. My head and ears had the biggest itch. I couldn't see what it was that kept messing with my skin. I kept washing my bed sheets and clothes every day. I also took multiple showers a day. The itch finally went away after 5 days.

During the ride that dude tried to get me to go home with him telling me how his partners think he is a sex God. I am a heterosexual male and even if he was a girl I am very loyal to my wife. Even if I was gay this dude looked like a gnome. Even if I was gay and not loyal and I was attracted to gnomes I would most likely catch way more than the itch on my skin!

I just told him I accepted another ride when he invited me in for a coffee.

Why is the code word for sex always "coffee"?
Post automatically merged:

I got a new job with overtime and double time on Sundays. Uber is history.
and here I have used 'grab some coffee' line offer with women for decades !!!

kingcorey321

The money is not even what drove me into quitting. I found myself stress eating doing uber. I gained 70 pounds driving Uber. I took a break from Uber and went down 30 pounds. I started Uber again and went up 10 pounds. I told myself that is enough both my parents have diabetes and I did not want to stay heavy.

No more drunks. No more chasing the surge 🥕. No more kissing a** for a tip pretending I love my job. No more wear and tare on my vehicle. No more vomit cleanups. No more smelly and/or entitled pax. No more pay cuts. No more risks while my eyes are off the road and on the phone. No more back aches (I found out I had two herniated disks I wonder if it's from sitting in that car too long). No more disappointment = No more stress = better diet = I will live longer.

And I wasn't even working full time.

I decided to deactivate my account instead of keeping it. I felt so relieved after that. They said that I can ask for my account back and after 90 days I have to reapply. No thanks.

I feel so relieved.
good for you . glad your now happy

kevin92009

The money is not even what drove me into quitting. I found myself stress eating doing uber. I gained 70 pounds driving Uber. I took a break from Uber and went down 30 pounds. I started Uber again and went up 10 pounds. I told myself that is enough both my parents have diabetes and I did not want to stay heavy.

No more drunks. No more chasing the surge 🥕. No more kissing a** for a tip pretending I love my job. No more wear and tare on my vehicle. No more vomit cleanups. No more smelly and/or entitled pax. No more pay cuts. No more risks while my eyes are off the road and on the phone. No more back aches (I found out I had two herniated disks I wonder if it's from sitting in that car too long). No more disappointment = No more stress = better diet = I will live longer.

I decided to deactivate my account instead of keeping it. I felt so relieved after that. They said that I can ask for my account back and after 90 days I have to reapply. No thanks.

I feel so relieved.
you made the right decision, I quit around six months ago and I could agree with everything you said there.

GuidoTKP

I feel so relieved.
Bravo!