• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Quite Driver Mode

kiss-my-axe

Uber has introduced "Quite Driver Mode" in the US from today. Will soon be launched here I guess.

I would prefer the quite mode 😉

Immoralized

I activate quiet rider mode when I put on my large over ear headphones on :redface: 1 step ahead of uber.
This gives the benefit of automatically free upgrade for the rider experiencing the quiet driver mode too 😉 I do get the rare one star rating for "conversation" but it 1 in a hundred.

"Quiet Mode comes as part of a new slate of Rider Preferences features that users can set up before they hail an Uber Black or SUV, but not while waiting for their ride or while in the car. A Bags option lets users signal that they have luggage with them so the driver knows to pull over somewhere they can help load them into the trunk. The Temperature control lets them request the car be warm or cold so drivers know whether to crank the air conditioning.

Uber Black drivers are now supposed to wait 15 minutes after arriving before cancelling on you as is standard with private car services, though you’ll start to be charged and they’ll be compensated after 5 plus they technically can cancel whenever they want. "

That is highly concerning. 15 minute wait time now :eek: And door to door bag handling like some free porter!
I'll probably stop driving for Uber if they roll that out to Uberx, Uberxl.

Last edited:

KissMyHybrid

Uber has introduced "Quite Driver Mode" in the US from today. Will soon be launched here I guess.

I would prefer the quite mode 😉
Finally a freaking good idea. Do drivers get the same button?

RoboRider

I wish those rich people stop using uber's filthy low class drivers all together...opt for premium limousine service, sure sounds like they can afford it
Given the option is only available on Uber Black they already have stopped using Uber's filthy low class drivers. Don't know what the rates are like over there but an Uber Black will cost you about twice as much as UberX here.

They already have the option on these forums anyway .. it's called the ignore button to help turn off the jet engine whining that comes from the disaffected crowd :p

thankfully, driving mostly for didi and ola, i don't need any buttons for quiet mode etc.

due to their customer base and their english language skills, this feature is activated automatically upon accepting the request.....
I actually find that the majority of my passengers with Didi aren't Chinese and they all seem to have pretty good english skills .. must just be luck of the draw

Scuberdriver

A button to shut up... I'd rather pax tell me in person... This feature is rude... I dont mind if people are naturally quiet you get the vibe you get the hint... I've told 4 party teenagers I'd like a quiet drive and they accepted it

andyxc

Some of the top rated questions:

1) What time did you start?
2) What time you finish?
3) How long have you been driving?
4) Busy today?

🤣🤣
Best one I've had was
How long you've been driving Uber?
Couple of years part time
I guess I shouldn't ask for an AUX cord then.
Yea, I don't have one but you can choose the radio station if you wish.

Ended with just an interesting chat as we did get along.

lol. Even paxholes know they can only push the noobs around and get AUX, Water & Mints.

Hugh G

No mood for chat? Uber introduces option to silence drivers

In no mood for a chat? Changes to the Uber Black premium car service take aim at limousine operators with a personal touch.

• David McCowen
  • news.com.au
  • May 16, 201912:13pm

Uber passengers in America can request a silent driver.Source:istock

Having pushed taxi drivers to breaking point around the world, Uber is revamping its effort to take on limousine services.

The revolutionary car-sharing app has announced changes to its Uber Black service in the US that could make their way to Australia.
Customers can tailor elements of their trip before slipping into a leather-trimmed back seat.

One of the more controversial options is a new “Quiet Mode” which orders drivers to remain silent while at the wheel.

Uber has revolutionised ride-hailing around the world.

Uber has revolutionised ride-hailing around the world.Source:Supplied

The company says “if you need to respond to emails or are in the mood for a nap, make your trip a quieter one with just one tap”.

Though introverts might welcome the opportunity to cast small talk aside, the news provoked strong reactions on social media from those who felt it was “dehumanising” or a “grotesque abuse of power”.

Customers will have to pay extra for the privilege of silence, which joins a new wave of options including pre-set cabin temperature, help with luggage or a requiring the driver to stay parked outside until you’re ready to leave.

Champagne on arrival isn’t an option just yet. Photo Tom Huntley

Champagne on arrival isn’t an option just yet. Photo Tom HuntleySource:News Corp Australia

People that insist on riding in one type of car can request “consistent vehicle model, makes, interiors, and exteriors”, blocking any vehicle that isn’t a BMW, for example.

The new options are only available in selected US cities on Uber Black, and aren’t available on the company’s regular service.

DA08

I activate quiet rider mode when I put on my large over ear headphones on :redface: 1 step ahead of uber.
This gives the benefit of automatically free upgrade for the rider experiencing the quiet driver mode too 😉 I do get the rare one star rating for "conversation" but it 1 in a hundred.

"Quiet Mode comes as part of a new slate of Rider Preferences features that users can set up before they hail an Uber Black or SUV, but not while waiting for their ride or while in the car. A Bags option lets users signal that they have luggage with them so the driver knows to pull over somewhere they can help load them into the trunk. The Temperature control lets them request the car be warm or cold so drivers know whether to crank the air conditioning.

Uber Black drivers are now supposed to wait 15 minutes after arriving before cancelling on you as is standard with private car services, though you’ll start to be charged and they’ll be compensated after 5 plus they technically can cancel whenever they want. "

That is highly concerning. 15 minute wait time now :eek: And door to door bag handling like some free porter!
I'll probably stop driving for Uber if they roll that out to Uberx, Uberxl.
I would just refuse to do it... Door to door? Even on uber black wouldn't do it... Lol

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Great1z Buffalo & Rochester 1
U San Francisco 29
B San Francisco 6