Quit in the knick of time ! Gas going UP UP UP !

Arthur Dent

WOW- ZOW-WEE....

Just went to Costco and got gas, $335 a gal. The reduction to .60 a mile could not have come at a worse time.
I'm feeling way sorry for all out there that still "have to" drive.

I quit driving last Sunday , I did it for the strike and after figuring out that it Really is NOT worth . Basically the money I thought I was making was really just taking the equity out of my van.

MOJAVE MADMAN

WOW- ZOW-WEE....

Just went to Costco and got gas, $335 a gal. The reduction to .60 a mile could not have come at a worse time.

I quit driving last Sunday , I did it for the strike and after figuring out that it Really is NOT worth . Basically the money I thought I was making was really just taking the equity out of my van.

THATS WHY YOU NEED TO DRIVE A 1000 DOLLAR CAR FOR UBER AND LYFT

MOJAVE MADMAN

I HAVENT SEEN AS MANY SUPER CAB PICKUPS OR CHRYSLER 300S DRIVING LATELY

THIS DOES WEED OUT ALL BUT THE 30 TO 50 MPG ECONOMY CARS

Arthur Dent

Driving a $1000 car doesn't help with gas ? Probably makes it worst as the gas mileage ain't gonna be nice.....
Driving a hybrid does.

MOJAVE MADMAN

When times are tough I siphon gas

I DONT THINK THAT IS POSSIBLE IN NEWER VEHICLES.

EVEN A YEAR 2005 CAR THAT I OWNED HAS A SCREEN IN THE FILLING TUBE WHICH ALLOWS GAS IN , BUT PREVENTS IT FROM BEING SIPHONED OUT.

I KNOW THIS BECAUSE THAT CAR BROKE DOWN AND I TRIED SIPHONING OUT THE GAS TO PUT IN MY OTHER CAR WITH NO LUCK

IF YOU CAN FIND A 20 YEAR OLD VEHICLE THOUGH THAT IS A GOOD OPTION

LAWeasel

I DONT THINK THAT IS POSSIBLE IN NEWER VEHICLES.

EVEN A YEAR 2005 CAR THAT I OWNED HAS A SCREEN IN THE FILLING TUBE WHICH ALLOWS GAS IN , BUT PREVENTS IT FROM BEING SIPHONED OUT.

I KNOW THIS BECAUSE THAT CAR BROKE DOWN AND I TRIED SIPHONING OUT THE GAS TO PUT IN MY OTHER CAR WITH NO LUCK

IF YOU CAN FIND A 20 YEAR OLD VEHICLE THOUGH THAT IS A GOOD OPTION
Dang. I better try it. Not that I want to steal gas, but siphoning it out of the car is my backup plan to the backup plan if TSHTF, I'm using a generator for power, and out of gas in the gas cans...

MOJAVE MADMAN

Dang. I better try it. Not that I want to steal gas, but siphoning it out of the car is my backup plan to the backup plan if TSHTF, I'm using a generator for power, and out of gas in the gas cans...

IF YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO JAM DOWN THE FILLING TUBE TO BREAK THE SCREEN THAT MAY WORK

PLEASE BE EXTREMELY CAREFUL AND THIS COULD CAUSE A SPARK AND BOOM!!!

IF YOU HAVE SOMETHING STRONG AND PLASTIC MAYBE IT COULD BE DONE

GreatWhiteHope

WOW- ZOW-WEE....

Gas prices are always fluctuating and specifically always go up in spring and summer.

what am i missing? you act like its permanent or something, just seems really dumb.

MOJAVE MADMAN

With my luck I'd probably siphon gas out of an electric car and put electricity in my car

IN THE FUTURE ELECTRIC CARS WILL WORK LIKE THAT

REDOX FLOW BATTERIES USE SINGLE OR MULTIPLE CATHODES AND ANODES AND CYCLES THE ELECTROLYTE THROUGH UNTIL IT IS DISCHARGED.

YOU WILL BE ABLE TO DRAIN AND FILL THE BATTERY ELECTROLYTE AT A FILLING STATION IN A COUPLE MINUTES COMPARABLE TO GASOLINE CARS
Post automatically merged:

A screwdriver will go right through a gas tank.

IM SURE IT WILL

WHAT IF IT MAKES A SPARK WHILE PUNCHING THROUGH?

I WOULD BE TOO SCARED TO TRY THIS ON A GAS TANK

A DIESEL TANK NO PROBLEM. DIESEL IS VERY SAFE COMPARED TO GAS

Z129

-:- * -:- * -:- * -:-
IN THE FUTURE ELECTRIC CARS WILL WORK LIKE THAT

REDOX FLOW BATTERIES USE SINGLE OR MULTIPLE CATHODES AND ANODES AND CYCLES THE ELECTROLYTE THROUGH UNTIL IT IS DISCHARGED.

YOU WILL BE ABLE TO DRAIN AND FILL THE BATTERY ELECTROLYTE AT A FILLING STATION IN A COUPLE MINUTES COMPARABLE TO GASOLINE CARS
Post automatically merged:

IM SURE IT WILL

WHAT IF IT MAKES A SPARK WHILE PUNCHING THROUGH?

I WOULD BE TOO SCARED TO TRY THIS ON A GAS TANK

A DIESEL TANK NO PROBLEM. DIESEL IS VERY SAFE COMPARED TO GAS

Only in the movies would there be a spark. And until you puncture it there would not be any combustible gases to ignite. A lot of gas tanks are plastic these days as well.

I guess it couldn't hurt to take the cap off of the tank in case it did go boom. Give it a place to vent out.

MOJAVE MADMAN

Only in the movies would there be a spark. And until you puncture it there would not be any combustible gases to ignite. A lot of gas tanks are plastic these days as well.

WANNA MAKE US A YOUTUBE VIDEO ON THE PROPER WAY TO PUNCTURE AND DRAIN A GAS TANK?

I GOT 5 ON IT