Quit Complaining

ehondzin

I recently started driving for Uber in an attempt to research its native purpose, which is to act as a ride-sharing platform for individuals seeking to monetize their desire to carpool. I notice a lot of people here think this is supposed to be some type of career. I don't think that was ever the intention by Uber, but it sort of evolved to become that. If people are willing to drive for abysmal rates, there really is nothing you can do about it. Not really worth complaining about.

tohunt4me

I recently started driving for Uber in an attempt to research its native purpose, which is to act as a ride-sharing platform for individuals seeking to monetize their desire to carpool. I notice a lot of people here think this is supposed to be some type of career. I don't think that was ever the intention by Uber, but it sort of evolved to become that. If people are willing to drive for abysmal rates, there really is nothing you can do about it. Not really worth complaining about.
Yes.
The Russians & Saudis are financing " car pooling".

Sounds Legit.

What's the " valuation" of UBER again ?

I think UBER quit being what it was " intended " to be long ago.

Who else advertises "car pooling" recruitment of drivers on national t.v. & radio ?

Perhaps,the COMPLAINTS have been withheld far too long ?

The only time UBER feigns it was " "intended " to be ride 'share' is when it helps skirt laws and regulations.

UBER ,PAY YOUR ACCOMPLICES !

Attachments

ehondzin

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
That's just it -- no one is forcing you to work this thing as a career. It is tantamount to a Mcdonald's employee complaining about minimum wage but continuing to go into work every morning. If you want higher pay, you need to spend time learning a marketable skill. Uber is not has never been designed to be a medium for providing a taxi service. If you treat it as such you are going to be crushed by unmarketable low rates, which are configured as such to promote ride-sharing amongst individuals.

Jufkii

Now that you have "researched Ubers native purpose" you quit or still researching ?

tohunt4me

That's just it -- no one is forcing you to work this thing as a career. It is tantamount to a Mcdonald's employee complaining about minimum wage but continuing to go into work every morning. If you want higher pay, you need to spend time learning a marketable skill. Uber is not has never been designed to be a medium for providing a taxi service. If you treat it as such you are going to be crushed by unmarketable low rates, which are configured as such to promote ride-sharing amongst individuals.
If the aforementioned MC Donald's Employee( who gets benefits,social security,is covered in event of workplace accident) is doing the work of a manager,he should be compensated.

UBER contractors are manipulated in every aspect .

tohunt4me

Low rates are CONFIGURED to crush competition,including Federally subsidised bus systems.

Wage suppression is ENGINEERED to force drivers into long hours.

Has nothing to do with the delusion of ride sharing.

Rolling Sweatshop.
Make America Third World Again !

ehondzin

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I just wish Uber Partner had a separate functionality built into it that would allow carpoolers to indicate which direction they want to travel and then assign pick-ups based on that trajectory.

vesolehome

Valid point, but, there is a segment of the population that is willing to do this for a living. If the first industrial workers just said, "if you don't like it, go back to farming", we'd have sweatshops for a long time.
Uber started well above $1 and dropped well below a $1 a mile. Drivers are taken advantage of and fired for not accepting being taking advantage of.

I agree it's not meant to be a
Sustainable living wage in this day and age. Those who want to try should take the proper course for change though. Instead they just keep driving. So be it then.

UofMDriver

One thing we know is Uber lies and really only cares about their bottom line. They simply want to bring on more and more riders. After driving for almost a year. When Uber does their Winter Warm Up fare cuts, they claim drivers will make more money do to less downtime. That is not true!! It is a false statement. Doing trips to the airport puts on the same amount of miles now, you just get paid less for doing them. Its all about Uber, and one has to question if wearing your vehicle out to make peanuts is really worth it.