1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Quietest Day in My 18months Driving UberX

Discussion in 'Sydney' started by Andrew Gaffney, Jan 11, 2017.

1. Andrew Gaffney

Andrew Gaffney New Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Quietest day in my driving history with Uber - I know January is quiet but have never experienced it this quiet. Would appear that Uber are trying to feed jobs as I did a couple of test requests and even though I was the closest driver it went to other drivers 6 times ????

Modern-Day-Slavery and Instyle like this.
  2. Andrew Gaffney

Andrew Gaffney New Member

Driving:
    UberX
    It was very very quiet last January as well and I had the same frustrations back then but from February thru December 2016 I averaged $40 per hour over 40-50 hours per week. In a private round table I was invited to with Uber Ops, they were very conscious of Uber Partners earning a minimum of $25 per hour - as frustrating as it is at the moment, we do have to look at this over the whole year.

3. dms

dms Active Member

Uber signed up many new drivers for the NYE this year, and they will get priority over you until they have done 200 jobs.

Modern-Day-Slavery likes this.
  4. everythingsuber

everythingsuber Well-Known Member

As much as I would like to believe Uber favour drivers who are new I'm struggling to believe it.
    Is there any actual supporting evidence of this?
    Maybe new drivers just chase a little bit harder not knowing better to pass on ridiculous pings?

Last edited: Jan 12, 2017
  5. dms

dms Active Member

When I was new I would just drive down streets close to where I lived and I would get pings immediately. After 200 or so rides that stopped and I would wait 15 to 20 minutes for a ping.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2017

6. sleeze

sleeze Member

Isnt it great that the suburbs are being flooded with ants ....you chose to work in a deregulated market and many of you were happy to ignore the law. Lets promote uber even more so there will be thousands in each suburb lucky to make in a day what they are making in an hour!

Coconutz and Modern-Day-Slavery like this.
  7. Terrychris

Terrychris Active Member

This happens to me when I order a Uber most times !!
    Someone a Suburb away gets it when there are closer cars.
    If I cancel the third time I notice it goes to a very close uber x.

A couple of times the Uber drivers have told me that Uber are guaranteeing earnings so it goes to those cars first regardless if they are a Suburb away !!

8. Waingro

Waingro Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Andrew I don't doubt what you are saying but I have experienced otherwise and man do I do the numbers ...
    Jul 16 Onwards... Jun 30 week was the worst at $25PH however when the 6 months came on it all averaged out to 35PH Gross. that's what I get following Uber fee and I'm on 20%. Also I had $50pH and $18 PH but you have to let the month stretch out. All you need is a good 9 Hours of surge and stacks and the average rises from the dud hours. You have to ignore it and just drive... stay in the guarantee areas and look at accepting all rides or log off and drive out of the area and have a break but look at your logged hours ..don't look at income let it ride out...
    Here is a challenge ... you post on here your weekly and I will post mine and I bet we are $1pH out each week.

Rizer, Andrew Gaffney and Coconutz like this.
  9. Waingro

Waingro Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Here is a challenge try to do 500 hours in the quarter and lets see how different it is ..

10. FuNkYy

FuNkYy Active Member

Extremely quiet here in Randwick ... not a ping for the last 45 minutes ....

11. Rudrik

Rudrik New Member

On the road from last 2 hrs and only 2 short rides. Not even possible to companionate the running cost

12. FuNkYy

FuNkYy Active Member

I give up ... sat in the car for 1 hour without a ping .. going to bed instead ! .. very disappointing ! ... usually get at last one ping within 15 minutes as soon as I turn on the App... nothing for an hour !

13. Mulder99

Mulder99 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Not sure where you been driving, but I had a reasonable day...

Morning was good, averaged $50 per hour...
    Evening was quiet and average went down to just below $30

Expected for January....

Attached Files:

14. Coconutz

Coconutz Active Member

Damn, happy to forget what daily pay statements with 20+ trips looks like. Just seeing completed trips under $10 makes my back hurt.
    No malice or offence intended just haven't looked back at my own x statements.
    Stay smashing it mulder!!!!

Mulder99 likes this.
  15. Downunder Eagle

Downunder Eagle New Member

This is from last week. Not a good day

Attached Files:

joffie likes this.
  16. FuNkYy

FuNkYy Active Member

VERY VERY disappointing in the Eastern suburbs ....

17. Iuber

Iuber Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    LOL, GOOD ONE.

18. sliderz

sliderz Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    South is quiet.. A little too quiet.

19. Humbersnipe

Humbersnipe Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Real quiet all day mostly core areas. I do hope tomorrow is a turning point. I guess we shall see.

20. Dieudonnee

Dieudonnee Active Member

mmmmm, perhaps the Tracy Island is not best for Uber :(