1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Quiet weekend?

Discussion in 'Toronto' started by Diamond, Sep 12, 2015.

1. Diamond

Diamond New Member

This was anticipated to be the busiest week / weekend of the year, but so far - for me - it almost feels like any other weekday.. I get breaks between pings even in downtown core.

How is it for the rest of you?

2. Homer J

Homer J Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    It was the same for me earlier but it seems to be picking up now. Still not the surges like i was expecting (we were led to believe by Mother Uber)

3. Weekend Warrior

Weekend Warrior Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    It's still early. TIFF parties don't start until 9 and won't get going until after 11. Don't forget that bars are open until 4am.

4. Diamond

Diamond New Member

Thanks, you give me a bit of hope :) We shall see - I will share my earnings at the end of the night, so far between 2 PM and 7 PM I made $100.

Moe2015 likes this.
  5. Diamond

Diamond New Member

Total earnings for today:

2 PM to 7 PM: $100
    9 PM to 4:30 AM: $160

For me personally, today was worse than any other Saturday since I started driving 5 weeks ago.

Was it just my luck, or did Uber overestimate demand for TIFF/ over-appove drivers?..

Last edited: Sep 13, 2015
    Moe2015 likes this.
  6. popiston

popiston Member

Last night was my busiest in BARRIE.

Diamond likes this.
  7. Weekend Warrior

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Definitely a disappointing night. I quit at 12:30 because I was getting tired, but demand was definitely down. I made a mistake and turned down a 1.2x fare because I was surrounded by 1.9x zones at the time. Luckily, I picked up an UberSelect instead.

Diamond likes this.
  8. Actionjax

Actionjax Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberLUX
    Keep in mind, When Uber advertises huge demand they get every driver out there believing it. I am sure there was huge demand. But fact is there was probably double the drivers out there as well. Always read every night based on the hype around it. TIFF will be busy, just as an individual you won't feel it because you spread it out more. And you will rarely get the surges like nights that are just regular.

PoorBasterd and Diamond like this.
  9. kingpin

kingpin Member

Driving:
    UberSUV
    i have made 100$ from 6am til 9am on Saturday Morning . and not one time i came downtown. The longest drive i had was someone wanted to go to Pearson airport. If you pick up someone from the bars at 2 or 3 am and there semi or completely drunk, you know that person will not rate or even remember you and your rating will go down. Keep that in mind too

Moe2015 likes this.
  10. biozon

biozon Well-Known Member

I had a 3 hour shift yesterday between 6 and 9 pm in downtown.

I made 7 rides, one of them XL and one of them SELECT, so 2 rides per hour rule still stays.

11. inpool

inpool Active Member

This friday seems a lttle slow 5 dolla pax all day

12. Myxx

Myxx Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    I have to go to UWO to deliver a seminar so i may Uber Saturday night in London, Ontario for the heck of it

Moe2015 likes this.
  13. Moe2015

Moe2015 Member

Yep, very quite. I stayed for more than an hour from 9 30 to 10 30 with just 2 rides with earnings of $ 13 before gas.
    I am calling it for tonight.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2015
  14. biozon

biozon Well-Known Member

Today was one of the greatest days for me.

Started at 4:40 pm and went until 9:10 pm (4.5 hrs)
    Total mileage: 136 kms
    Gas consumption: 15L/100 km.
    7 rides overall, 2 of them SELECT, one of them XL at 2X surge. Most of them long long rides.

$123 after Uber commission
    $92 after gas and maintenance and repairs factor.
    So $20 per hour after all deductions.

Nice.

sameer1000, Moe2015 and kwzombie like this.
  15. inpool

inpool Active Member

Saturdays was really good made off like a uber bandit,13-14 hours earned me $390 after uber fee,Surge was great.That surge really piss off the client though weekly rating went down to 4.51.Didnt affect me though total rating still 4.73 from 4.74. Gotta binge on thoses days when its poppin.Earns me the right to be a lazy ass on the slow days.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2015
    Moe2015 likes this.
  16. Weekend Warrior

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Anyone ever work Sunday mornings? Looks like it a been surging since about 8am. I've seen as high as 2.7x. Just wondering if that's normal for Sunday?

17. biozon

biozon Well-Known Member

Yep, surges always piss off ******bag clients who think to pass on their frustration through ratings to the driver. Dumb *******s cannot grasp the idea the driver has nothing to do with it.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2015
    PoorBasterd and inpool like this.
  18. inpool

inpool Active Member

Sunday mornings are good so i have once again posted a short video of drivers that have worked thursday to sunday morning go weekend warrior

Moe2015 likes this.
  19. Drivebynight

Drivebynight Active Member

How do you define "Sunday Mornings"? As technically, anything after midnight is Sunday morning. I have worked from 4am-6am simply because my phone never stopped ringing while working a Saturday night. The decrease in Uber drivers does not counter the decrease in demand from the after-party crowd.

Non stop pings and I doubt it stops after 6am too.

20. inpool

inpool Active Member

Last call at the bars was 4am for film festival.So that why you would have seen extraordinary demands during the morning last weekend morning

Last edited: Sep 21, 2015