• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Quick Video Interview with Uber Driver

MFCH

Hello all!

I am an independant filmmaker and I have been asked to make a very short (60 second) video for an online magazine about Uber vs the Cabbies. We are putting both sides of the argument - any takers on a very short ten minute interview this week? (preferably Friday....)

I can meet you anywhere in Central London.

Hope to hear from you!!! Email me with the address below.

THANKS!

Marcus
07807973232 You can whatsap me or text

Cabbie2B

Hello all!

I am an independant filmmaker and I have been asked to make a very short (60 second) video for an online magazine about Uber vs the Cabbies. We are putting both sides of the argument - any takers on a very short ten minute interview this week? (preferably Friday....)

THANKS!

Marcus
Good luck.

Ben Sanderson

Hello all!

THANKS!

Marcus
£100 appearance fee
£250 digital rights to my clip
£250 expenses and sundries
£400 administration fee

12pm Covent Garden good for you? Where shall I send my bank details?

MFCH

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Understood. Happy to take a ride for the time it takes.

Last edited:

Ubend R.S.

Cabbies vs uber drivers is very lazy stereotype journalism.

The real issue is TFL and uber the company. Pitting drivers against each other tells me all I need to know about the quality you're aiming for.

I challenge you to dig a bit deeper and make something interesting with a moral compass.
wasting your time. he already has the story. just needs some exotic names and heartfelt stories.

johndoe2015

How are you going to hope to get your segment, and 2 opposing arguments with all their complexities into a 60 second clip? Answer: you won't. Good luck with it, but this film will be rubbish.

MFCH

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks for all your comments. Very interesting to see how the Uber community reacted compared to the black cabs, especially since I am an Uber user.

World's finest

MFCH, read PH driver on the K's post. It says it all. You are way late. Uber drivers would be probably interested to talk against black cabbies some 2 years ago when they lived their american dream. Nowday, the dream has become nightmare and the same drivers have existencional worries caused by not black cabs but surprise, surprise...

FaaaUber

Hello all!

THANKS!

Marcus
Go and tell who ever you work for Uber is ins-laving private hire drivers and trying to destroy a legitimate trade (Taxi trade). Let everyone know how we feel.
Thanks for all your comments. Very interesting to see how the Uber community reacted compared to the black cabs, especially since I am an Uber user.
Good, now you know how we feel. You should tell everyone you know to stop using Uber. The less Uber users there are the quicker Uber is going to crumble. You are not doing us a favour by using Uber and paying us peanuts you are partly responsible for our exploitation. Next time you take an Uber remember that's what 90 % of us think of our cheapskate/demanding passengers. Most of us Uber drivers hate Uber for what they did to our trade. Uber is a business model that is focused entirely on pleasing the consumer and treats workers like slaves. Tell everyone how things really are. I am sure you and most Uber customer already know we are been exploited but don't really care as long you can get a really cheap cheap cheap......... ride.
I hope I have enlightened you.
Your Uber driver.

Last edited:

Sniper

Hello all!

THANKS!

Marcus
Cheapo camera guy wants to pay f...all and make some money from the story.
Typical uber user.....Best of unluck

Lookingaround

I don't want to sound personal but just a general question? As an Cab user why do you use Uber? For it being cheap or any other reason?

Why not your local office? Addison Lee? or even the BC?

or plus where is that mistermister guy - time to shine!

Lookingaround

Plus I wouldn't mind doing it but you have to take the ride through my local cab office.

Their rates are, just special deal for you

£30 P/H, As directed - Within London & Minimum 2 hours. If thats good for you - give me a shout.

Addleeme

Why do you use Uber "Hi driver,Mo?,it is Mo,right?.where you from Mo,I'm cool with brown people...W8 9BQ FFS Mo where the fk are u going you stupid Pa.....3stars Mo...NEXT!