quick question..very simple answer needed.

Another Uber Driver

I do not know your market. Mine does not offer Uber Select.

That stated, I am assuming that Uber Select pays better, so I would choose it.

Oscar Levant

if you get to choose between Uber X and Uber select what you choose and why??
You choose the highest rate your vehicle will qualify for and if you have the option of purchasing a car you'll make more money with a higher rate , but there are other factors to consider -- the city , the market blah blah blah do your homework

X & Select

I am currently registered for uber x and select.. I get a few calls for select every night and it pays far better than uber x..

AxeOfGlory

This is something I've been debating. Our city is relatively equal in respect to drivers to riders. It's a steady stream each night I work. But I've noticed if I'm downtown going to east village its really like a 3 mile ride. On X, After accepting ping, driving to location, waiting for pax, make trip, let them get out I generally only get paid like 2 or 3 bucks for 15-20 minutes TOTAL time. That shit's just not worth it anymore. When I started a month ago all I saw were dollar signs at the end of the night.

But what I'm realizing now is every X I take is an XL possibly missed. If you have the ability to choose, is it permanent?

grayspinner

if you get to choose between Uber X and Uber select what you choose and why??
I chose select only (I do have an x only account & can switch between them, I generally will only switch to x at a 3x surge or higher).

In my market, X is 70¢/mile, 14¢/minute while select is $1.65\30¢. After commission that's 56¢/11¢ for X (20% commission) and $1.18/21¢ on Select (28%).

My vehicle costs are 22¢/mile and I average 2 miles for every paid mile. So my profit on X is 12¢/mile compared to 74¢/mile on Select.

There is not nearly the demand for select that there is for x - but if I sit in a good spot and don't drive around looking for rides, then the rides that come are profitable. Your cash flow might not be as high, but your profit is.

Adieu

I chose select only (I do have an x only account & can switch between them, I generally will only switch to x at a 3x surge or higher).

In my market, X is 70¢/mile, 14¢/minute while select is $1.65\30¢. After commission that's 56¢/11¢ for X (20% commission) and $1.18/21¢ on Select (28%).

My vehicle costs are 22¢/mile and I average 2 miles for every paid mile. So my profit on X is 12¢/mile compared to 74¢/mile on Select.

There is not nearly the demand for select that there is for x - but if I sit in a good spot and don't drive around looking for rides, then the rides that come are profitable. Your cash flow might not be as high, but your profit is.
Woooow your areas Select rates are a joke... Just 15-19% higher than our base rate Lyft

Nenee

Make sure they set u up with the ability to select as many platforms as u can. That way if u r busy getting the more expensive rides u won't be sidetracked by xride request or worst yet pool requests.

Also, I understand that pool rides only apply to x rides so yet another thing to consider if u don't want to deal w pool rides.

Under my preferences to the more expensive lux suv when I am headed bk home. That way if I'm sidetracked at least it will be for a nice fare.