• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Quests becoming impossible with 12 hour ruleI’m getting about one right in our

kensteriraq

I’m getting about one ride an hour driving in DC. Surge is very low even on Saturday nights and rides are generally under $10 each. If you can only get 12 rides in 12 hours and you have three days to make your quest. Add in the obvious Uber algorithm design to keep you from hitting quest if you’re close and it makes it impossible to hit a quest.

I think the only tactic that might work is to sit at airports where the Virginia 12 hour drive time limit won’t count while waiting in que. The only reason I’m driving today is because I still refuse to watch the Super Bowl or any other NFL game by the fault I’m gonna drive today but I have no illusions about making quest with 18 to go and only 12 hours to pull it off. I think this is my last month driving Uber As I’m heading back to the Middle East making the contractor money again and saying goodbye to this rat race here in Northern Virginia.

yankdog

I’m getting about one ride an hour driving in DC. Surge is very low even on Saturday nights and rides are generally under $10 each. If you can only get 12 rides in 12 hours and you have three days to make your quest. Add in the obvious Uber algorithm design to keep you from hitting quest if you’re close and it makes it impossible to hit a quest.

I think the only tactic that might work is to sit at airports where the Virginia 12 hour drive time limit won’t count while waiting in que. The only reason I’m driving today is because I still refuse to watch the Super Bowl or any other NFL game by the fault I’m gonna drive today but I have no illusions about making quest with 18 to go and only 12 hours to pull it off. I think this is my last month driving Uber As I’m heading back to the Middle East making the contractor money again and saying goodbye to this rat race here in Northern Virginia.
Uber is winning. But we have to adapt to do the best we can.

kensteriraq

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I started at 10 and have done 6 rides so far. 6 to go
Are you getting more than one ride per hour average across your entire quest? I needed 30 rides at At the rate things are going it would take 30 hours to get 30 rides. It’s making quest almost unattainable especially when you throw in the 12 hour time limit per day. Yes you can take six hours off and drive a few more hours the same day but the bottom line is it’s very hard to hit quest and less you’re ready to drive at 5:30 in the FLIPPING morning to chase a couple last rides! Uber sux!

kensteriraq

Got my 200 deposit today . Hope to do another 200 tonight
What the heck was your quest, how many hours are you driving to get it, and are you getting more than one ride an hour?

Does anyone know how to edit the thread title? My talk to text kinda burned me on that one. It should’ve ended with I’m getting one ride per hour.

lcc421110

DO THE MATH! That's right. UBER driver average lost 50% drivering time. Usually you can drive 18 hours non-stop before this new rule. VA state cut to 12 hours. That's 30% cut. BUT, You need 2 hours DF to go home if you are 40 miles away from home. Most time NO PAX if DF home because too many ants now a days. That's another 2 hours cut. Only 10 hours for any driver for non-stop anting. UBER now needs 40% more PART-TIME drivers. So full time and leasing car drivers will get a big headache! UBER will need more and more PARTP-TIME(Side job) drivers.

Last edited:

POOLKiller

Or we can all get regular jobs and stop being slaves for these POS companies. Don’t kill yourself for such a little reward. I pretty much stopped working weekends.

You guys can have all the fun.

kensteriraq

I’m done. Hard to get pings last night and only a single ping today (IAD). Not driving to DC to get one ping an hour. Haven’t driven much since before thanksgiving and Uber has too many ants, low demand, or is playing algorithm games. Efffff Uber gonna watch the Super Bowl even though I was boycotting. Or, I’ll go to a movie maybe....

RiderOnTheStorm

I’m getting about one ride an hour driving in DC. Surge is very low even on Saturday nights and rides are generally under $10 each.
By which he means: expect 1 ride/hour, each ride will take 30 min and pay $5.
That's with Boost. downtown, Saturday, prime time (Mid-2 AM).