• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Questions starting

Wolfgang 123

Hello

I am all set up but have a few questions.

1) What happens once you accept a request from a passenger? Esp as a female I'm wondering if I do not get the Uber phone will they be given my personal cell phone number? Do most people use the Uber phone? Advantages and disadvantages? Any other safety issues/tips?

2) Do passengers see what drivers are online? Do they see your name and photo? Or, does the Uber driver choose who they are going to pick up and so the passenger won't see your name & photo until you accept the ride?

3) What percentage of the trip do I receive? Am I reimbursed for tolls or is that auto calculated with the initial payment? Are tips included in the original purchase?

4) I hear I am supposed to carry bottled water? I have a dog who rides in my car and I do not have a hand held vacuum so do I need to take my car to a cleaning place (I live in an apt bldg so no outlet to plug in a vacuum) vacuum my car every time my dog rides in it and leaves fur?

5) Any other advise for someone starting out?

Thank you

turbovator

Hello

I am all set up but have a few questions.

1) What happens once you accept a request from a passenger? Esp as a female I'm wondering if I do not get the Uber phone will they be given my personal cell phone number? Do most people use the Uber phone? Advantages and disadvantages? Any other safety issues/tips?

2) Do passengers see what drivers are online? Do they see your name and photo? Or, does the Uber driver choose who they are going to pick up and so the passenger won't see your name & photo until you accept the ride?

3) What percentage of the trip do I receive? Am I reimbursed for tolls or is that auto calculated with the initial payment? Are tips included in the original purchase?

4) I hear I am supposed to carry bottled water? I have a dog who rides in my car and I do not have a hand held vacuum so do I need to take my car to a cleaning place (I live in an apt bldg so no outlet to plug in a vacuum) vacuum my car every time my dog rides in it and leaves fur?

5) Any other advise for someone starting out?

Thank you
No, Just leave the dog hair on the seats. The riders will like that! They will be sure to give you a 5* rating. They all love pets.

If you already signed up it sounds like you jumped into this ASS FIRST! All of your answers can be found by reading the threads on this site. It might have been the smarter thing to do BEFORE you signed up. While you getting educated you might serve yourself well by reading the quit,complaints and advice forums found here, as well. Happy reading.

Last edited:

JimS

Welcome to making more money than you'll have ever dreamed! Ok - maybe not.

1) With regards to phone numbers, Uber charges $5/week, with a $200 deposit. From what I understand, it's an iPhone 4 and I don't think you can't use it for anything else. The phone number isn't a real number. When you get a "ping" you will only know the pick up location and the name and rating of the rider. When you accept, you can tap on the little notepad at the top and send a message. Until your next ride, when you text or call, you will only see your Uber number. You can't call that number - it's just a routing number. They text or call, you text or call, all fake numbers that reset with the next accept. For instance, when I look at my messenger, same number, but the history shows all the texts to and from my riders.

2) I don't think, but I don't know whether they see your profile pic. You WON'T see theirs.

3) Take away $1 from their total, then you get 75% of the rest. I don't know how tolls are handled, but it's best if you have a transponder to save time. You get reimbursed by Uber who then charges the rider.

4) You don't have to do any of the extras recommended by Uber. But if you start getting a lot of 4* or less ratings, it may be something to think about. Keeping dog hair out is a must. Well, it's obviously optional, but would YOU like to ride around in dog hair? When I go online, I ensure my ride is professional.