Questions from a new driver?

NewDriverHere

Hi Guys,

I am a new driver in Prince George's county and I have been lurking on the threads here. It is hard to talk to someone and I have visited Uber in person once, but I still would like to get some experienced feedback on a few remaining questions.

1. I have an out of state registration and license and was told that I can only pick up in Maryland and Virginia. I was also told that I have to get a Virginia inspection. Is this accurate? If I don't plan to ever pick up in Virginia do I still have to get the VA inspection?

2. I signed up through a driver referral and now Uber is telling me that the person who referred you gets the bonus but the new driver doesn't receive anything. Insight?

3. As stated before I live in Prince George's County, what are some good areas, days/times to scout? Either in the county or otherwise? I've only been driving for about 3 days and I'm not entirely sure I'm doing this thing correctly so any advice is needed?

Basically I'm VERY NEW and could use any/all advice that is appropriate to share :smiles:

Thanks!!

NewDriverHere

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks.

I've tried to read through those but haven't been able to pinpoint an answer, but I'll come over and post there!

WHIP

Hey new driver my company provides short-term leasing and mentorship for uber and lyft driver in the DC metro area. DM me ill give you my number you can give me a call.

ANN3310

You do need an inspection from VA. Uber support should give you a list of stations that do the inspection and Uber pays for it. I live in PG County and I drive College Park, Greenbelt, Bowie, and go into Silver Spring and Takoma Park. As a woman I just like day time driving the best if I go downtown. I've been driving a year and never had a problem. I've taken riders from Greenbelt and Bowie up to Baltimore and driven in Baltimore. I find I'm busy any time in the day and early evening. Of course night times are the busiest but I find plenty of work in this area. Good luck!

CuffLink

Hey new driver my company provides short-term leasing and mentorship for uber and lyft driver in the DC metro area. DM me ill give you my number you can give me a call.
Hey new driver, I Too have a company that provides short-term leasing ($100 weekly for Prius) and "mentorship" (free!) for uber and lyft driver in the DMV

Check me out at: scams malfeasance and reprobates dot com